4 - 0
Sat, May 31
4:00 PM ET
Real Salt LakeRSL
Saturday, May 31st 2014
4:00 PM ET
- Major League Soccer@MLSView photo
- HIGHLIGHTS: Seattle Sounders vs. Real Salt Lake | May 31, 2014
- Major League Soccer@MLSView photo
- Tyronne@mister_tyronneShould have been 5 nil there..Alonzo snatched at it #RSL
- t(ಠ益ಠt) Tovar@t0v4rNot really bad to take this kinda loss. Sure, it sucks but better early than later in the season. June will be interesting for all. #RSL
- Real Salt Lake@RealSaltLake90': Martins makes it four knocking in a Cooper cross #RSL 0-4 SEA
- Jeremy Horton@espn700jeremy90' Martins add insult to injury...4-0 to Seattle. Forgettable day for #RSL.
- Sean Walker@DSeanKSL90' Obafemi Martins scores a goal on a day when he was mostly held in check by RSL's defense. 4-0 Sounders, #SEAvRSL
- utahsportingnews@UtahSportingNwsGreatly diminished forwards is too much for #RSL to overcome today in Seattle. End of a fantastic undefeated run to start the season.
- 90'M#5Andy RoseM#8Gonzalo Pineda
- 90'4 - 0F#9GOAL: Obafemi MartinsGoals this Season: 6
- Nathan Copier@NathanCopierSeattle was the better team today. They deserve the 3 points. Salazar was still horrid and deserves to be put into time out for a while #RSL
- Utah A&M @ TBS@Utah_AMReally missing the players away on national duty. We could have used Beckerman's calming influence in the midfield today. #rsl -M
- Paul R. Cherrington@paulcherringtonBrad Evans denies Ricardo Salazar from going full Salazar by picking up a yellow. Tough moment for Ricardo. Missed it by 10 minutes. #RSL
- utahsportingnews@UtahSportingNwsglad we got the yellow, but it looked really weak, Not the most consistent day for 2 of the three squads on the pitch. #RSL
- 80'D#3Brad Evans (Seattle Sounders FC) is shown the yellow card.
- Charles Barnard@ccb1212Mansally has looked good today #RSL
- Charles Barnard@ccb1212MotM today has been Ned. Has been really good today #RSL
- Collin N@celinichMore inconsistency from Salazar. #SEAvRSL Yellow one way, look away on the other.
- Matt Hartley@Libero_Or_DeathTwo big saves by Attinella. He's not ignoring the laws of statistics like Rimando, but he is pretty good. #SEAvRSL
- 76'D#6Nat Borchers (Real Salt Lake) is shown the yellow card.
- Wes Brown@wesbadiaThe only time we got a quality scoring chance was when we took a risk after seeing the next 3 to 4 steps ahead. #SEAvRSL
- 75'D#15Dylan RemickM#27Lamar Neagle
- Carston@chenderson_GoesRSL's defense is getting destroyed right now... That doesn't happen very often #SEAvRSL
- Real Salt Lake@RealSaltLake74' - #RSL makes final change as John Stertzer enters for Luke Mulholland.
- 74'M#27John StertzerM#19Luke Mulholland
- Chris Kamrani@chriskamrani70' John Stertzer is putting a jersey on. Guessing for Morales with two more matches in the next week. #RSL
- Bianca Shreeve@BiancaShreeveBummer #RSL game... Despite how I feel about the dirty, floppy Sounders, they clearly deserve their own stadium.
- Sawyer Pangborn@spangbornIt’s alright, it’s not like we’re short strikers or anything… #RSL
- Charles Barnard@ccb1212Need a positive stat? #RSL has only lost once in the last 18 matches that Chris Schuler has played in
- 67'F#33Kenny CooperF#19Chad Barrett
- Michael Morris@morrim7Three goals is great but Chad Marshall is man of the match IMO #SEAvRSL
- Trejago@GreatPainWe had to lose sooner or late... We will comeback stronger and better! #RSL
- Luke Rosemann@LukeRosemannHopefully we are just getting this out of our system for the next 12 games #RSL
- Chappy@itschappyTV off... Doesn't mean I'm a bad fan, or that the team is done for ssn, or that I'm right & you're wrong. Jest means it isn't #RSL's day.
- Wes Brown@wesbadiaWhy do you NOT stay goalside on that? It forced Nat to play ball man and left Barrett wide freaking open... #SEAvRSL
- Major League Soccer@MLSView photo
- Jeremy Horton@espn700jeremy62' Goal Barrett...turnover to Neagle results in Seattle goal. #RSL's unbeaten streak in trouble.
- Duncan DeNiro@deniroduncanDisappointing from #RSL and more disappointing from one of our defensive players. You know who.
- Luke Lohr@MLSReservesWhen did Chad Barrett learn to score? #SEAvRSL
- Josh Holloway@ebethaOh, this game just got won. Sounders are picking it up in the 2nd half. Oba to Lamar to Chad. Unselfish team play! #SEAvRSL
- Sean Walker@DSeanKSL62' Lamar Neagle sets up Chad Barrett on a tee. Wide-open shot on goal. Sounders 3-0. #SEAvRSL
- Sean Walker@DSeanKSLI will only say that RSL has one shot in the first 60 minutes of play. #SEAvRSL
- Ben Hickey@FRsoccerBenRSL really struggling to get a foothold now, if Seattle get another then it'll be game over. Luis Gil on, he's got a lot to do! #SEAvRSL
- 62'3 - 0F#19GOAL: Chad BarrettGoals this Season: 3
- Alyssa Russell@blonde_girl_14View photoLet's go sounders!!! #SEAvRSL #winning
- Alexi Lalas@AlexiLalasMarco Pappa. Great goal. Painful celebratory slide on hot & dry plastic. #SEAvRSL
- 59'M#21Luis GilM#12Cole Grossman
- 59'D#29Kenny MansallyD#17Chris Wingert
- Real Salt Lake@RealSaltLake#RSL's Luis Gil and Abdoulie Mansally getting set to come into the match.
- Chris Kamrani@chriskamrani58' Abdoulie Mansally and Luis Gil are putting jerseys on for #RSL.
- Jeremy Horton@espn700jeremy55' Goal Pappa on the free kick...2-0 Seattle. Opportunity created by foul called on Maund. #RSL
- Sean Walker@DSeanKSL55' Marco Pappa steps up to a FK just outside the box after a foul on Brad Evans — and delivers a scorcher. Sounders 2-0, #SEAvRSL
- Major League Soccer@MLSPappa! Wowza. #SEAvRSL
- Real Salt Lake@RealSaltLake55' - Seattle goes up 2-0. Pappa curls the free kick inside up and over the wall, inside the right post. #RSL with major work to do.
- 55'2 - 0M#10GOAL: Marco PappaGoals this Season: 1
- Jake Catanese@JCatanese43Ricardo Salazar called a penalty. Im shocked. Had called 66 PKs in 186 career games previous. #SEAvRSL
- Ben Hickey@FRsoccerBenJust looking at the stats on MLSsoccer: 3 shots including the penalty, a total of 23 fouls committed, possession 50/50. #SEAvRSL
- KIRSoccer@keepinitrealsoccerView photoSeattle is up 1:0 at halftime on a controversial PK right before half. Who do you think can be the spark off the bench for #RSL?
- Dave Cohen@FynWDWFew shots, Oba dropping deep. I think this is the Dempsey hole. Flanks aren't leading to chances. Push gonzo up? #SEAvRSL
- Brandon Farris@brandonsblogHalf Times Stats- (SEA/RSL): Goals 1/0, Shots 2/1, SOG 1/0, Fouls 10/13, Corners 1/1 and Possession 49.9/50.1 #SEAvRSL
- Sean Walker@DSeanKSLHT SEA 1-0 RSL. A penalty kick is all that separates two teams that have combined for two shots in 45 minutes. #SEAvRSL
- MLS Atheist@MLSAtheistI've been okay with the officiating of this first half. Good falling technique by Neagle to ensure they got the PK call though. #SEAvRSL
- Sounders Matchday@LIVESounders45+ - Two minutes of added time. That’s one andddddd two. #SEAvRSL
- Real Salt Lake@RealSaltLake#RSL chance off a corner. Maund with an attempt on goal following some madness in the box.
- Jesse Krey@JesseKreyStupid call shoulder to shoulder contact and very small chance of scoring bad call #RSL
- Charles Barnard@ccb1212Only third time all season that #RSL has been down in a match.
- Real Salt Lake@RealSaltLake42' - Seattle goal. #RSL down 1-0 after Pineda converts PK. Foul called on Maund on Neagle.
- 43'D#2Tony Beltran (Real Salt Lake) is shown the yellow card.
- Richie Albrechtsen@rich_albyI officially hate the Seattle Sounders. Dirty players. That is all. #RSL
- Jeremy Horton@espn700jeremy42' Goal Seattle...Pineda. A bit of a soft penalty, but that's two on Maund in his last two games. #RSL
- Mike Pacific@mpacificClear penalty. What was RSL thinking? #SEAvRSL
- Sean Walker@DSeanKSL41' Maund puts a shoulder into Neagle's back. That's a penalty. #SEAvRSL
- 42'1 - 0M#8GOAL: Gonzalo Pineda (PK)Goals this Season: 2
- Sawyer Pangborn@spangbornNeagle really must be loving that pitch. He spends so much time on it. #RSL
- Galia Hornedo@GalialaDidn’t know Salazar was going to be today’s ref. Luckily, I practiced yelling at my TV with a round of Mario Kart before the match #SEAvRSL
- Chris Kamrani@chriskamrani36' Sounders miss another close one. Pineda plays in free kick and Zach Scott nearly floats it to the far post with a header. #RSL
- Matthew Doran™@Doranboy5Loving the atmosphere we are bound to score soon let's Go Sounders #SEAvRSL
- Josh Holloway@ebetha“I got hit in the chest, but my leg really hurts.” “Okay lets waste time so we seems like you’re not a baby” #SEAvRSL
- Marya@meowyaaaRSL players should audition for the Summer Olympic dive sessions. #SEAvRSL
- Real Salt Lake@RealSaltLake@scrapprincess73 because the necessary contrast is achieved with lime green & red
- Real Salt Lake@RealSaltLake31' - Zach Scott cleans out Javi. #RSL free kick from just inside midfield.
- Real Salt Lake@RealSaltLake@c00kiechris difficult objective on turf games, which usually devolve into ping-pong
- Real Salt Lake@RealSaltLake31' - Attinella punches away an Evans cross. #SEAvRSL
- Tay Joyce@tayjoyce88So will Seattle ever have a soccer specific stadium? They have all the money in the world why not build a real stadium? #SEAvRSL
- Sounders Matchday@LIVESounders29’ - Not a bueno ball in there by Pappa and it eventually goes out for a GK. All tied up at 0-0. #SEAvRSL
- Luke Lohr@MLSReservesSalazar is the man. (Said Luke to watch the Starbucks people get angry on twitter) #SEAvRSL
- Charles Barnard@ccb1212Ugh, #RSL has had 1 shot on goal during the run of play in the last 175 minutes
- Tay Joyce@tayjoyce88Uh... Is Javi playing today? I know he is out there but I think it is a bad sign we haven't heard his name called all that much. #RSL
- Real Salt Lake@RealSaltLake25' - Great recovery from #TheKid Cole Grossman to snuff out a Seattle chance.
- Jeremy Horton@espn700jeremy21' From the sound of the crowd I bet Ricardo Salazar can't even get a coffee in Seattle. #RSL
- Real Salt Lake@RealSaltLake20' - Good ball from Olmes, just misses the head of Big Dev. #RSL still controlling possession. Seattle looking for counters.
- Real Salt Lake@RealSaltLake18' - A handsome turn by @LukeMulholland8 leads to a dangerous free kick. Javi to take from right flank.
- Derrick Blake@derrickSLCOlmes Garcia gets his hand stepped on by Brad Evans on the artificial surface in Seattle. #SEAvRSL
- Sounders Matchday@LIVESounders16’ - Garcia down after Chad Marshall tackles him. Get used to that one, buddy boy. #SEAvRSL
- Chris Kamrani@chriskamrani16' Olmes Garcia is down on the far side of the field. Haven't seen a replay yet. #RSL
- Sean Walker@DSeanKSL16' Looks like Olmes Garcia's fingers got stepped on by Brad Evans. Ouch. #SEAvRSL
- Robert Wagner@robwagpdxChad Marshall lost five pounds due to illness. I'm guessing he ate at Mama's Mexican Kitchen too. #SEAvRSL
- Justin Carmony@JustinCarmonyCan we start a support group for Nat Borchers to help convince him to shave his beard? He looks like a crazy man. :P #SEAvRSL
- Sean Walker@DSeanKSLToday's Sounders have outscored today's RSL squad, 14-9 across 2014. Coincidence? Absolutely. #SEAvRSL
- Heath Waddingham@RSLTotalMLSWow. If that keeper isn't calling for it, the defender better play it. Scary moments on that Sounders back line. #SEAvRSL
- Brandon Farris@brandonsblogEverytime Salazar blows his whistle the fans start boo'ing no matter who the foul is on. #SEAvRSL
- Real Salt Lake@RealSaltLake10' - Seattle's Chad Barrett rolls a lefty shot just wide of the right post. Pass from Pappa. Dangerous look. #SEAvRSL
- Chris Kamrani@chriskamrani9' Garcia puts Sounders defense on its heels, lays it off to Wingert, but cross too strong in search of Sandoval. #RSL
- Real Salt Lake@RealSaltLake9' - Good movement from #RSL leads to a Wingert cross from the left. Nothing doing on the business end... Yet.
- John Richards@j_richSo not only does #RSL not have the World Cup guys, but also holding out Plata and Findley. So thin up front.
- MLS Atheist@MLSAtheistPlata has received a lot of attention this year but from what I've seen, RSL has been at their best with Sandoval on the field. #SEAvRSL
- Heath Waddingham@RSLTotalMLSThere's part of me that's glad that Plata is out today. Gotta avoid worse injury. #RSL
- Real Salt Lake@RealSaltLake@LIVESounders Lot of headers so far.
- Real Salt Lake@RealSaltLake3' - #RSL living in Seattle's half, controlling possession. Looking for that first chance.
- Real Salt Lake WUFC@RSLWUFCAnd here we go! #RSL
- REPLAY: Olmes Garcia knocks a shot of the woodwork
- CHANCE: Zach Scott pushes a header wide
- KICKOFF: Seattle Sounders vs. Real Salt Lake
- Major League Soccer@MLSView photo
- Brandon Farris@brandonsblogAnd here come the teams, led by one Ricardo Salazar, we have to wonder when will the red card come out? #SEAvRSL
- Charles Barnard@ccb1212#RSL away games are fun simply because of everyone on Twitter
- Sounders North@SoundersNorthView photo
- Lexi Corno@LexiCornoView photo
- Seattle Sounders vs. Real Salt Lake May 31, 2014 Preview | Scouting Report
Goals and Assists
|42'||Gonzalo Pineda (PK)|
Assisted By: Lamar Neagle
Assisted By: Kenny Cooper, Andy Rose
Connection Lost. Reconnecting...