3 - 0
Sun, Jun 15
3:00 PM ET
Sunday, June 15th 2014
3:00 PM ET
- Paul Carr@PCarrESPNArjen Robben now has six career #WorldCup goals. Johnny Rep is the only Dutchman with more (7).
- Paul Carr@PCarrESPNTim Cahill has five career #WorldCup goals. All other Australians have a total of five.
- Paul Carr@PCarrESPNToday's #WorldCup coverage: AUS-NED: 11:30 AM ET, ESPN ESP-CHI, 2:30 ET, ESPN CMR-CRO, 5:30 ET, ESPN
- Paul Carr@PCarrESPNBusy #WorldCup day ahead: Netherlands & Chile could advance. Spain (!) is 1 of 4 teams that could be eliminated.
- Paul Carr@PCarrESPN49 goals so far at the World Cup, most through 17 #WorldCup games since 1958.
- Paul Carr@PCarrESPNBrazil had been 17-0-0 at the #WorldCup vs non-UEFA/CONMEBOL teams, outscoring them 50-5.
- Paul Carr@PCarrESPNThere have been three scoreless first halves at this #WorldCup. Mexico has played two of them.
- Paul Carr@PCarrESPNBelgium is the 6th team to win after conceding 1st at this #WorldCup. It happened 3 times in the entire 2010 WC.
- Paul Carr@PCarrESPNAlgeria leads at halftime for the second time at the #WorldCup, first since 1982 vs Chile (Algeria won 3-2).
- Paul Carr@PCarrESPNFIFA now clocks Clint Dempsey's goal at 30 seconds, still the 5th-fastest goal in #WorldCup history.
- OptaJoe@OptaJoe9 - The top scoring squad number at the last five #WorldCup finals is number 9. Traditional.
- Paul Carr@PCarrESPNToday's #WorldCup coverage: BEL-ALG: 11:30 AM ET, ESPN BRA-MEX: 2:30 ET, ESPN RUS-KOR: 5:30 ET, ESPN
- OptaJoe@OptaJoe3.14 - The average goals per game of the 2014 #WorldCup is higher than any tournament since the 1958 edition. Entertainment.
- OptaJoe@OptaJoe10 - Spain have allowed the most shots on target against them so far at the #WorldCup. Battered.
- Paul Carr@PCarrESPNFIFA now says Clint Dempsey's goal came 29 seconds in, making it the 5th-fastest goal in #WorldCup history.
- Paul Carr@PCarrESPN21-year-old John Brooks is the youngest American to score a #WorldCup goal since Landon Donovan in 2002.
- Paul Carr@PCarrESPNFIFA officially clocks Clint Dempsey's goal at 34 seconds, the 6th-fastest goal in #WorldCup history.
- Paul Carr@PCarrESPNFinal: Iran 0, Nigeria 0. First draw of the 2014 #WorldCup.
- Paul Carr@PCarrESPNNo draws in 12 opening World Cup games this year. First time that's happened since the first #WorldCup in 1930.
- Paul Carr@PCarrESPNPortugal loses 4-0 to Germany, the worst loss in Portugal's #WorldCup history.
- Paul Carr@PCarrESPNGermany has won seven straight #WorldCup openers by a combined score of 27-3.
- Paul Carr@PCarrESPNGermany is the first country to score at least four goals in four straight #WorldCup openers.
- Paul Carr@PCarrESPNThomas Müller scores Germany's first #WorldCup hat trick since Miroslav Klose in 2002.
- Paul Carr@PCarrESPNThomas Müller has seven goals in seven career #WorldCup games. And he's 24.
- Paul Carr@PCarrESPNGermany has converted 11 of 13 #WorldCup penalties. Only Spain has scored more (15 of 17).
- Paul Carr@PCarrESPNPortugal is 1-8-0 when conceding first at #WorldCup. Only win: 1966 vs North Korea (after trailing 3-0).
- Paul Carr@PCarrESPNGermany-Portugal kicks off the day. Germany will be the first country to play 100 #WorldCup games.
- OptaJoe@OptaJoe14 – Miroslav Klose and Gerd Müller are the joint-top scorers for Germany at the #WorldCup finals. Bomber.
- OptaJoe@OptaJoe25 – Lothar Matthäus has made more appearances than any other player at the #WorldCup finals. Marauding.
- OptaJoe@OptaJoe1938 – The last time Germany did not make the Last 8 of a #WorldCup finals that they entered. Consistent.
- OptaJoe@OptaJoe99 – Tonight will be Germany’s 100th game at the #WorldCup finals. Landmark.
- Paul Carr@PCarrESPNToday's #WorldCup coverage: GER-POR; 11:30 AM ET, ESPN IRN-NGA: 2:30 ET, ESPN GHA-USA: 5:30 ET, ESPN
- Paul Carr@PCarrESPNExciting #WorldCup so far. 10 of 11 games have had 3+ goals, & only one half hasn't had a goal (MEX-CMR 1st).
- Paul Carr@PCarrESPN37 goals scored thus far at the #WorldCup, most through 11 World Cup games since 1958.
- Paul Carr@PCarrESPNFinal: Argentina 2, Bosnia-Herz. 1. Argentina has won six straight #WorldCup openers.
- OptaJoe@OptaJoe623 - Lionel Messi had played 623 minutes of #WorldCup football since scoring his other WC goal (v Serbia in 2006). Wait.
- OptaJoe@OptaJoeView photo
- OptaJoe@OptaJoeView photo
- Paul Carr@PCarrESPNArgentina is 26-1-0 when leading at half in the #WorldCup. Only loss: 1930 final vs Uruguay.
- OptaJoe@OptaJoe3 - There have already been more own goals in the 2014 #WorldCup (3) than there were in the entire 2010 tournament (2). Issues.
- Paul Carr@PCarrESPNSead Kolasinac has scored the fastest own goal in #WorldCup history (3').
- Paul Carr@PCarrESPNSead Kolasinac has scored the fastest own goal in #WorldCup history.
- OptaJoe@OptaJoe3 - There have already been more own goals in the 2014 #WorldCup (3) than there was in the entire 2010 tournament (2). Issues.
- World Cup in Pictures: Karim Benzema steals the show as France beats Honduras
- Paul Carr@PCarrESPNFinal: France 3, Honduras 0. France wins #WorldCup opener for 1st time since 1998 (when France won the title).
- Rick Quan@donmagicquanView photoHappy Father's Day to my dad and bro. Too bad #Honduras couldn't pull the upset. #fravhon #worldcup #fathersday
- Time@TimeTantayEspinoza's energy tho...remarkable. Props, mate. #FRAvHON
- Oscar Masemola@Creed32Still don't understand why they brought on Giroud, that skipper 8 was doing wonders. #FravHon
- Kieran.@eneauxLook at that, man. Another nasty foul. Ref lost his cards? #FRAvHON
- Aurélie #19@Gege_BZHLe Honduras... de sacrés comiques quand même. Ils font faute tout le temps mais passent tout leur temps par terre... #FRAvHON
- Rizwan@rizzy_juanGiroud thinks he's The Rock... Giving the people's elbow to both those fools. #FRAvHON
- Archie P@Archiep#FRAvHON France look really good, Honduras ugly side of football rears it's head.Horrible!
- ayrEiGnz@ayrEiGnzThat should have been a straight red!!! #FRAvHON
- Marc Belletete@MarcBelleteteView photo
- 83'M#19Luis Garrido (Honduras) is shown the yellow card.
- Time@TimeTantayA while ago I could be bothered with this game, but now I can't stop watching. Benzema brought it! #FRAvHON
- 78'F#9Olivier GiroudF#8Mathieu Valbuena
- Christian Cole@ChristianCole93I imagine Lloris is getting pretty bored back there. #FRAvHON
- Paul Carr@PCarrESPNKarim Benzema is the first Frenchman with two goals in a #WorldCup game since Zinedine Zidane in the 1998 final.
- Tiago Gomes@TiagoGomesCEsse agora não tem como dizer que não foi dele Benzema tá jogando muito #FRAvHON
- Ravi Cattry@rcattryDamn it! Why couldn't the France that implodes show up instead? #FRAvHON
- Javier Rivera@JavierRiveraVenAhora sí, segundo gol de Benzema, min 72, #FRAvHON 3-0
- Major League Soccer@MLSView photo
- Billy Marsh@BPTMarshHonduras are just getting bored and repeatedly bashing the square button now #FRAvHON
- Tedski@tedskiI want Honduras to do better. Boniek Garcia is the closest Poland will get to the World Cup for a while. #FRAvHON
- 72'3 - 0F#10GOAL: Karim BenzemaGoals this Season: 2
- KayBisous@PetiteKaybeeI wanna see Giroud! Je veux voir Giroud!! #FRAvHON ��
- Padders@_PaddersGoing to Honduras on holiday. Packing 1 pair of pants & 14 pairs of Shinpads. #FravHon
- Ravi Cattry@rcattryI love Hugo but I'd like nothing more than to see France get CONCACAF'd. Don't see it happening though. #FRAvHON
- 65'M#12Rio MavubaM#6Yohan Cabaye
- Time@TimeTantayIf only Debuchy were a few inches taller... #FRAvHON
- Jen Matthews@Jennifer1602This match is so dramatic, I love it. #FRAvHON
- dillasdonuts@ekker3The crazy thing is that this game could easily still be 0-0. #FRAvHON
- Peter O'Donoghue@n7podAt this rate I predict it will be three by the end. Honduras red cards that is. #FRAvHON
- Laura Toits@lauraliztoitsThis match is bananas #FRAvHON
- 58'M#20Jorge ClarosM#17Andy Najar
- Hernando Acosta⚽@ItsNandoBroGriezman is a monster! #FRAvHON
- 57'M#18Moussa SissokoM#19Paul Pogba
- Jack Allan@jack_allan_95Both points were shown (post & OG) were shown to clarify who scored the goal. Adds a bit of drama. Not difficult to understand!! #FRAvHON
- 53'M#14Óscar García (Honduras) is shown the yellow card.
- Treble Nikki@Treble_NikkiOh the French. They even manage to making scoring a goal a giant mess/controversy. #FRAvHON
- Andrew Wilson@Androo_WilsonWhat is Jonathan Pearce on? The technology immediately told the ref it was a goal. System worked. #FRAvHON
- Fútbol MLS@futbolMLSGOL. Benzema con remate que pega a primer palo, rebota en Valladares. Controversial decisión del árbitro. Francia 2-0 Honduras #FRAvsHON
- Julie Kaplan@jkapla3Gol regalado #FRAvHON
- Dan Tiller@my_nameis_danIt's a circus! #FRAvHON
- Soccer Gods@soccergodsROBOTS REJOICE!!! #FRAvHON
- 48'2 - 0GGOAL: Noel Valladares (OG)
- Fútbol MLS@futbolMLSInicia el segundo tiempo: Osman ChÁvez y Boniek GarcÍa ingresan por Honduras a reemplazar a VÍctor BernÁrdez y Jerry Bengtson. #FRAvsHON
- HTD#2Osman ChávezD#5Víctor Bernárdez
- HTM#14Óscar GarcíaF#11Jerry Bengtson
- OptaJoe@OptaJoe3 - Three of France's last four goals at the #WorldCup have been from the penalty spot. Hacked.
- Dave Shumway@mediaeaters#FRAvHON is everything people hate about soccer. At least the refs are booking people early. Hope the second half is better.
- Mr Dubula @_dee15I'd be surprised if Honduras fought back and equalised, they simply do not inspire any hope that they'll score. #FRAvHON
- Paul Carr@PCarrESPNFrance has converted all 10 of its #WorldCup penalties. 1st French goal in a WC opener since 1998.
- Zarrar Khan@Zarrar_MUFCSee? Karim Benzema ! For Real Madrid always and for France, now. #FRAvHON
- 45'+2'M#6Yohan Cabaye (France) is shown the yellow card.
- Denise Warren@DenwazzaShall we get the goal line technology to check that went in?? #fraVhon
- Bryony Cresswell@bryonbeeOuaaaaaaaais! #FRAvHON
- José_Ranjo@real_ratmonkeyBenzema to take it... #FRAvHON
- 45'1 - 0F#10GOAL: Karim Benzema (PK)Goals this Season: 1
- Fútbol MLS@futbolMLSExpulsión en Honduras. Wilson Palacios sale del partido por doble amarilla en una falta a Pogba al minuto 42 #FRAvsHON
- xKimix@Babygurlraca88Don't think the ref realised he already booked him lol #FRAvHON
- Aurélie #19@Gege_BZHBien fait ! Allez dehors !!! #FRAvHON
- We Are Hooligans@WeRHooligansFSPalacios has been sent off!!! This match is over...#FRAvHON
- 43'M#8Wilson Palacios (Honduras) is shown the red card.
- TWEETS ON MATCH DAY@I_go_by_pereiraSelfish from benzema #FRAvHON
- UFA@utdfootacademyWhile Valbuena did well to draw some early fouls, he's given the ball up too many times. Look for a sub there by the 60th minute. #FRAvHON
- Herb Scribner@hscribnerSNDHonduras holding the French now with the speed and sloppiness. Goal by France would deflate them immensely and put them out. #fravhon
- Ben Miles@benrmilesThe golden age of France has passed. They really need someone decisive #FRAvHON
- ComeOnEngland!@kurtsimonwAVFCAs much as I would like France to lose, this Honduras side is horrible to watch and the players are a bunch of thugs. #FRAvHON
- Tyler Gray@TylerHGrayGame is opening up now for Honduras. The French have looked dominant but they need to be careful these final 15' #FRAvHON
- Kayode Ogundare@kaybaba99Just not comfortable with this central defensive pairing of Sahko & Varane. They may get away with it here but tougher tests ahead. #FRAvHON
- IamJill@JAllen20Ref bottled it! #FRAvHON
- Nate Sulat@NateSulatPretty physical game today, so not particularly surprising, but Pogba should know better than that #FRAvHON
- 28'M#19Paul Pogba (France) is shown the yellow card.
- 27'M#8Wilson Palacios (Honduras) is shown the yellow card.
- Kieran.@eneauxSCRAP #FRAvHON
- KICKTV@KICKTVThis crossbar is the 2nd most popular non-Honduran after Jonathan Bornstein. #FRAvHON
- Aurélie #19@Gege_BZHSaleté de transversale. 2 fois ! #FRAvHON
- Gary Keast@scarlettjack1Pogba looks top drawer #FRAvHON
- Chris George@ChrisGeorgeKCI think they are going to run out of Magic Spray with the way things are going. #FRAvHON
- Eric Nelson@ericlarsnelsonGriezmann scores a brace today. Love his game. #FRAvHON
- Clarke@SeeLarkeGoodness gracious him this #FRAvHON game is intense early; refs making themselves known.
- BettingTipsters@TipstersBettingWhat a save! A goal is incoming... #FRAvHON
- Herb Scribner@hscribnerSNDRight now on ABC: France vs. MLS All Stars B Squad. #FRAvHON
- Fútbol MLS@futbolMLSAsi alinea Francia: Lloris, Debuchy, Varane, Sakho, Evra, Pogba, Cabaye, Matuidi, Valbuena, Griezmann, Benzema. #FRAvsHON
- Ravi Cattry@rcattryHonduras player asking for card. Yeah, Evra deserved it but don't do that. #FRAvHON
- Fútbol MLS@futbolMLSAsi alinea Honduras: Valladares, Beckeles, Figueroa, Bernárdez, Izaguirre, Nájar, Garrido, Palacios, Espinoza, Costly, Bengtson #FRAvsHON
- 7'D#3Patrice Evra (France) is shown the yellow card.
- Dara Hayes@71daraAllez les Bleus. #FRAvHON
- Mark Batham@markbathamSomeone’s lost the vinyl of the anthems. #FRAvHON
- AbdullaSaif∞@AbdullaSaysAnyways, let's see what France is made up of #FRAvHON
- Luiz Muzzi@luiz_muzziView photoRight behind France's bench! Thank you RG and ES! @betasantamaria #FIFAWorldCup #FRAvHON
- Evan Ream@EvanReamI was at Paul Pogba's international debut. This kid will end up as one of the players of the tournament. #FRAvHON
- Brian Emigholz@bman8397View photo
- ❁@itsnotethellListos pues para el gane! #FRAvHON
- Aftab@tabster786Wonder which France turn up tonight! Plenty of exciting young talent with Benzema, Pogba & Griezmann. Honduras good physical team. #FRAvHON
- Ivis Fabricio Torres@iftorsView photoListo para el partido de La H. L'H n'est pas muette #VamosHonduras #YoCreoEnLaH #LaHnoesmuda #Honduras #catracho en #Belfast #Ireland #WC #Brasil2014 #FRAvHON
- Sam Clarke@Clarkie11_98I'm gonna predict a 2-0 win for France, Griezmann and Benzema to score #FRAvHON
Goals and Assists
|45'||Karim Benzema (PK)|
|48'||Noel Valladares (OG)|
Assisted By: Patrice Evra
Reason: Unsporting behaviour
World Cup at Estadio Beira-Rio
Connection Lost. Reconnecting...