- Jessica Iannetta@JessicaIannettaWell, they didn't make it easy but they fought to the end. A tie never felt more like a win. What a finish. #RBNY
- Ainslie Binder@ainslieannView photo
- Eric Krakauer@bigsoccerheadNYWith Robles in the box, Luyindula scores from the corner. #RBNY deserves this.
- 90'+5'1 - 1MGOAL: Péguy LuyindulaGoals this Season: 1
- Dan Dickinson@GothamistDanOne last corner for #RBNY. Could’ve been a goal if someone had made a run.
- Russ Andolina@rjandolinaAttacks up the right wing, a cross that doesn't get completely through, rinse, repeat #NYvCHV
- John H@MyOwnBobbleheadHave to tip your cap to Dan Kennedy- guy is playing out of his mind this half #NYvCHV
- Jason A@Coffee_WinnerGreat second half aside, #RBNY are about to lose at home to a team that hasn't won on the road in more than a year. A YEAR.
- 90'F#10Adolfo Bautista (CD Chivas USA) is shown the yellow card.
- Isaac@isaaccccccccccSo if you figure 30 seconds for each Chivas dive, we're talking 3.5 hours of stoppage time #RBNY
- Ravi Cattry@rcattryKimura/Sam partnership is million times better than Eckersley/Sam. Eckersley slows things down way too much. #RBNY
- Matthew Levine@MatthewLevine4McNamara coming off for #ChivasUSA. Looks absolutely knackered coming off the pitch, put in a strong shift on the left side.
- 87'M#8Marco DelgadoM#11Thomas McNamara
- Jason A@Coffee_WinnerEric Alexander is who will put us over the top...? Sigh. #RBNY
- Major League Soccer@MLSDan Kennedy. Wowzas! #NYvCHV
- 84'MEric AlexanderMDax McCarty
- Matthew Hoffman@mhoffDan Kennedy, amazing punch over the bar followed up with another great save. There's your #nyvchv man of the match right there.
- Dan Dickinson@GothamistDanBIG STOP AGAIN FROM KENNEDY on a nice volley from Dax. Crowd is screaming for a goal. #RBNY
- Andrew G.@hoosiers23Just heard thunder at Red Bull Arena. It just knocked over Chivas' Torres. #RBNY
- K.O. Wrzeszczynski@kowrzeszczynskiView photo
- Eric Krakauer@bigsoccerheadNYConvey's move to the middle has made a big difference. #RBNY
- Eric Krakauer@bigsoccerheadNYSam with excellent work again. Henry heads it slightly over. Best game I've seen Sam play. And that's considering a poor first half. #RBNY
- Kirsten Heimlich @1morequietnightKennedy is the only thing keeping Chivas USA in this game #NYvCHV
- 76'DDonny ToiaDTony Lochhead
- Matthew Levine@MatthewLevine4You reap what you sow. #RBNY time and time again wasteful in front of goal. 1-0 down in the 75th.
- Dan Dickinson@GothamistDanHenry with a glorious dummy, but Kennedy comes up HUGE to stop BWP. #RBNY
- Eric Krakauer@bigsoccerheadNYTenacious work by Wright-Phillips. #RBNY. Where has this work rate been all season?
- Pardeep Cattry@pcattryDoes Bofo have the worst hair in the league? The world? #NYvCHV
- SAVE: Dan Kennedy sticks out a foot to deny Wright-Phillips
- Brian E. Long⭐@BrianELongConvey off Steele on please. #RBNY
- Eric Krakauer@bigsoccerheadNYSam really has his tail up. Everything that's working is finding its genesis at his feet. #RBNY
- Brian E. Long⭐@BrianELongRoy Miller, pay attention to your buddy Armando. That's how you back heel. #RBNY
- Upper 90 Soccer@u90soccerRed Bull Arena erupts, but it's not a goal. Luyindula's tap-in waved off for a foul on Kennedy #RBNY
- 67'F#10Adolfo BautistaMLeandro Barrera
- Jonah Freedman@jonahfreedmanTrying to figure out who the Men of the Match might be in this one, but most players are spending most of their time on the ground. #NYvCHV
- Pres.Clint Dempsey@PrezClintDeuce#RBNY needs a center forward dead in the middle whenever there's crosses and airballs.
- Grant McCool@GrantIWonderFirst promising sequence #RBNY ends with Titi not quite getting enough of ball
- Rob FTR@FullTilt_RobZBradley Wright Phillips needs to be in the lineup on a consistent basis. His speed is a weapon. #RBNY
- Matthew Levine@MatthewLevine4Did #RBNY get the hair dryer treatment from Petke at half? Much more intensity and attacking impetus from New York this half.
- Angelo Cacao@fourringzView photoThe man, the myth, the legend!! Thierry Henry!! #rbny
- Franco Panizo@FrancoPanizoSAM, WIDE! Much better build-up play from #RBNY leads to a Sam shot/cross that goes agonizingly wide of far post. Red Bulls knocking on door
- Eric Krakauer@bigsoccerheadNY#RBNY pressing higher and creating more opportunities.
- Andrew Winner@Winner_MLSRBNY are trying to maim the Cubo. #NYvCHV
- Chris Ravita@ChrisRavThere are a lot of things to like about Erick Torres. The amount of embellishment is not one of them. #ChivasUSA
- Katie Dickinson@PichuMan of the match for today? Lloyd Sam. No arguments. #rbny
- Brian E. Long⭐@BrianELongLloyd Sam is just brilliant on the ball. #RBNY
- Matthew Levine@MatthewLevine4Best attacking moments from #RBNY. Sam wriggles free on the right and picks out BWP in the box. Shot flashed high and wide.
- Frank J. Maduri@FMaduriI think Komura is better suited in this game than Eckersley anyway...#RBNY
- Dan Dickinson@GothamistDanEckersley injury is a right ankle sprain. #RBNY
- Gabriel Ribeiro@gribs7View photo2nd half kicks off and #RBNY are done 0-1 from conceding a penalty in the 21st
- amadinho gaucho@amadoit25 seconds into the 2nd half, Henry already exasperated with teammates' misplaced pass. could be a long rest of the game. #NYRB
- TyZo "El Chapo" Mino@tyzo_officialView photoGame on c'mon red bulls #redbulls #soccer #nyrb
- ChivaUSA Fighter@ChivaUSAFighter45 more minutes to get another goal and get a win!!! The boys are playing with passion!! ARRIBA LAS CHIVAS!! #ChivasUSA
- Isaac@isaacccccccccc#RBNY definitely having defensive issues, but as long as they can't connect a pass in the attacking third defense doesn't even matter
- Upper 90 Soccer@u90soccerHT: Frustrating half for #RBNY as Chivas lead 1-0 through Torres' spot kick. Not many chances for Henry and company.
- TheFaust@FaustMNFun Fact: Cubo Torres is first MLS player made entirely of paper mâché. #RBNY
- supporter@importerxporterApparently Greg Louganis is the new Chivas coach. #Rbny
- Eduardo Mendez@Mendez_FCWe are dead last in chances created (23). I'm allowed to at least start being a bit concerned. #RBNY
- 45'+2'DKosuke KimuraDRichard Eckersley
- Frank Giase@FrankGiaseRed Bulls passing out of the back has been dreadful. Chivas pressing the ball and cutting off passing lanes. #RBNY looks disjointed.
- Totally Red Bull@TotallyRedBullKing Luis the Great. Its a pleasure watching him play keeper. #RBNY
- Franco Panizo@FrancoPanizoSam with great individual dribble to start a dangerous counter that ends with him fouled. And his left cleat coming off. FK coming up. #RBNY
- Dan Dickinson@GothamistDanLloyd Sam one of the few players busting ass out there today. Wish his energy was more contagious. #RBNY
- 44'MAgustín Pelletieri (CD Chivas USA) is shown the yellow card.
- Matthew Levine@MatthewLevine4"Cubo" Torres down again. Someone get him an ice bath at halftime. #RBNY
- Franco Panizo@FrancoPanizoContinuity? Doesn't look like it out there. Armando frustrated after misunderstanding w Convey. Then McCarty plays pass to no one. #RBNY
- Isaac@isaaccccccccccIf Chivas wasn't diving so much they'd have a couple more goals right now. #RBNY is playing terribly.
- Daniel Pecoraro@dpecsI'm a fan of a hard man, but Armando's just reckless #RBNY
- Grant McCool@GrantIWonderLiterally falling over each other in the box #RBNY
- Steve Ferrigan@steveferriganThat was a pretty great shot of the red bulls back line raging at each other. #NYvCHV
- Frank J. Maduri@FMaduriConvey has to do something in this game #rbny
- Daniel Pecoraro@dpecsBy the way, IIRC #RBNY led the league in penalties allowed last year and they're on the fast track to repeat that title. 3 in 4 games
- SoccerLIMagazine@SoccerLIMag#RBNY Shep Messing with a significant criticism of Red Bulls' lack of focus and intensity.
- Isaac@isaaccccccccccGotta wonder if Petke is urging his backline to play rough, or we signed some bad apples? #RBNY
- amadi tidiane@amadoitwhat a clearance by Olave. hasn't been getting the praise he deserves, especially early this season. still 1-0 Chivas, 32'. #NYRB
- Frankie@swankfrankWe may have lost Tim, but BWP has got the right stuff! #RBNY
- Daniel Pecoraro@dpecsOh god Tim Cahill's down and BWP's warming up. This game is turning awful #RBNY
- Brian Witthuhn@bighamishmacView photo#RBNY
- 29'FBradley Wright-PhillipsFTim Cahill
- James J Pepe@JamesJPepeEckersely and Convey starting for NY... Guess Petke still hasn't "found" his best 11. Those 2 are downgrades from 2013. #NYvCHV
- Grant McCool@GrantIWonderOur aggressive defense increasingly looks like a liability #RBNY get a grip
- Matthew Levine@MatthewLevine4Cubo shoots straight down the middle as Robles dives to his left. 1-0 to Chivas. Against the run of play as well. #RBNY
- Hiba@HibaIssaPretty sure that was not PK worthy. Maybe I need to watch it again. #NYvCHV
- 25'0 - 1FGOAL: Erick Torres (PK)Goals this Season: 4
- Shane@ShaneWilliamWait, why did we get rid of Barks again? #RBNY
- Dan Dickinson@GothamistDanWe don’t have TVs in the box, but it looks like the right call. Someone plowed over Torres in the box. #RBNY
- Kevin's Myth@ohheyitskevinCurrently watching Spanish broadcast of Red Bulls since MSG downgraded their broadcast to dial-up. #rbny
- Eric Krakauer@bigsoccerheadNYArmando has been very vocal in this game. Keeps having words with Miller, whose movement has been suspect. #RBNY
- Eric Giacometti@Eric_GiacomettiArmando yellow card... drink #RBNY
- Dan Dickinson@GothamistDanArmando gets a yellow for killing Rosales. #RBNY
- 21'DArmando (New York Red Bulls) is shown the yellow card.
- Matthew Levine@MatthewLevine4Cubo was down moments earlier, now Rosales. Chivas attack taking a beating so far. #RBNY
- TheFaust@FaustMN#RBNY dominating possession in the top third of their own half!
- the J the I the M.. @TheSquardStretch BEFORE the game #RBNY
- K+S Soccer Film Fest@KSFilmFestView photo
- Patrick MacDonald@PMacD82Luyindula with the right offensive minded passes, he'll find Cahill or Henry soon enough #RBNY
- Chris Ravita@ChrisRavHenry/Cahill/Luyindula constantly looking for the ball over the top. #RBNY
- Isaac@isaaccccccccccChivas has been working on their offside traps #RBNY
- Dan Dickinson@GothamistDanGood pressure from Peguy on Kennedy there. Neither team looking really into this yet. #RBNY
- K.O. Wrzeszczynski@kowrzeszczynskiView photo
- Jamie@cupcakenjdView photoIt's too cold for this! ❄️☔️ #rbny #redbulls #soccer #supporters #newyorkredbulls ⚽️
- Isaac@isaaccccccccccArmando is going to be red card bait this season #RBNY
- El Niño Salvaje@RainforestBabyThe great Hristo Stoichkov is doing color commentary on Unimas #RBNY
- HIGHLIGHTS: New York Red Bulls vs. Chivas USA | March 30, 2014
- 2ND LOOK: Dan Kennedy keeps out McCarty’s shot
- MISS: Henry’s flick goes wide
- MISS: Henry’s header goes high
- NO GOAL: Red Bulls put it in the net, but there’s a foul on Kennedy
- MISS: Bradley Wright-Phillips can’t keep it on target
- Samantha M.@imaclutz89I wish we would stop playing Cahill as a striker. #rbny
- Tom LoFaso@tomlofaso329View photoCome on you @newyorkredbulls #rbny
- JP@FootyTweets8Solid XI selected by Petke #rbny
- cdmccurdy@cdmccurdyView photo#rbny vs. Chivas. Let's get a win. #runwithus
- Chris Hoenig@chris_hoenigView photoIt's cold, it's dreary...but it's great for 3 pts. This is why we don't do rainouts. #RBNY
- New York Red Bulls vs. Chivas USA March 30, 2014 Preview | The Scouting Report
Goals and Assists
|25'||Erick Torres (PK)|
Assisted By: Eric Alexander
Reason: Persistent Infringement
Reason: Unsporting Behavior
Reason: Time wasting
MLS at Red Bull Arena
Connection Lost. Reconnecting...