- Major League Soccer@MLSView photo
- Kristopher McDonald@KrisMcDonald21Fagundez should have been able to take that. The game was in hand. He did all the work. #NEvSKC
- Andy Edwards@AndyEdMLSHey guys, this: https://t.co/9jGrcKGtxn
- SKC Gameday@SKCgamedayKronberg stops Fagundez on a breakaway but Rosell is whistled for a handball and Nguyen puts home the ensuing PK to make it 2-0 #NEvSKC
- Ryan Lanigan@R_LaniganA lot of credit should go to Darrius Barnes, who went diving in and and Kronberg was taken out of the play. #NERevs
- 90'+5'2 - 0M#24GOAL: Lee Nguyen (PK)Goals this Season: 3
- NE Revolution@NERevolutionBUNBURY!!! It's his first for the #NERevs and it's in stoppage time against his former club!
- Matt LaPan@Matt_LaPanGOAL! Bunbury buries his 1st of the year in stoppage against his old team! The Revs that a 1-0 lead in the final moments! #NERevs
- Inside MLS@InsideMLSTeal Bunbury at the death here in Foxborough for #NERevs.
- Ben Saufley@bensaufleyTEAL BUNBURY IS GOOD AT SOCCER #NEREVS
- Jeremy Ward@germanlink93BUNBURY!!! #NERevs
- 90'+2'1 - 0F#10GOAL: Teal BunburyGoals this Season: 1
- NE Revolution@NERevolutionThree minutes of stoppage time ... #NERevs
- Adam Gardner@AGardnerGlobeNot that I'm bias or anything, but I think every call that goes against #SKC is the worst call in the history of soccer
- Justin D. Powers@powersjustinSlyde the Fox is part of #NERevs marketing problem. Who is responsible for bobble head night?
- Matt LaPan@Matt_LaPanDwyer booked for a yellow. Into the final few minutes here with the Revs up a man. No real action though #NERevs
- Mario Moretto@riocarmineCoach Heaps at the halftime: "Jerry's just not working hard enough for me." Kind of says it all, doesn't it? #NERevs
- 88'F#14Dominic Dwyer (Sporting Kansas City) is shown the yellow card.
- SKC Gameday@SKCgameday86' Nguyen tries to beat Kronberg from distance but he pulls his shot into the side of the net #NEvSKC
- Abram the (semi)PRO@MindOfAbramHey, Fagundez? Didn't we have a kid named that who scored goals last year? What happened to him? #NERevs
- View photo
- Scott Harrington@scottonatripWe have em right where we want them #NERevs Now take it to the corner flag for 10 minutes and try to steal a point.
- SKC Gameday@SKCgameday81' Kronberg does all he can to punch away the ball as Tierney whips in a cross from the left flank #NEvSKC
- Sean Fahey@SeanEFaheyWhen a team gets a red card against us can we give them the extra player. We seem to play worse a man up. #NERevs
- Taylor Twellman@TaylorTwellmanThat entire sequence was a debacle: Collin tackle turned red, Nguyen/Tierney free kick and then Feilhaber shank. #NEvSKC
- 79'MSteve NeumannMAndy Dorman
- Jon Parker@JonParkerMLSUKThat usually goes against the Revs though. Collin is such an important player too. #NERevs
- Ed Rowe@Viper6AncientCollin is a talent. And his reputation gets him a straight red when he doesn't get the ball. #SKC
- Matt LaPan@Matt_LaPan#NERevs have a big opportunity here. Lets see if they can take advantage of this
- 76'MLawrence OlumMAlex Martinez
- Ben Saufley@bensaufleyI thought Charlie’s thing was speed. Why’s he give up on that ball so quick? #NERevs
- 74'D#78Aurélien Collin (Sporting Kansas City) is shown the red card.
- Jon Parker@JonParkerMLSUKMatt Saracen has never look so good in midfield for the Revs. Sorry, I mean Scott Caldwell. #NERevs
- Scott Harrington@scottonatripDid you guys hear Charlie Davies got subbed in? True story. Still haven´t seen him, but he's out there. #NERevs
- SKC Gameday@SKCgamedaySecond sub for #NERevs as Scott Caldwell comes on for Daigo Kobayashi in the 72nd minute
- NE Revolution@NERevolution71' #NERevs 0 SKC 0 Yellow card to Andy Dorman, followed by a substitution as Scott Caldwell replaces Daigo Kobayashi.
- 71'M#6Scott CaldwellM#16Daigo Kobayashi
- 71'MAndy Dorman (New England Revolution) is shown the yellow card.
- Steve Brisendine@SteveBrisendine@ChrisGeorgeKC Might need Jake in the Naga spot. He's always going to give effort, even if the finishing isn't there.
- Ryan Lanigan@R_LaniganFagundez has been all but a ghost here in the second half for the #NERevs.
- Jon Parker@JonParkerMLSUKBobby is one distasteful moustache away from a seriously bad look. #NERevs
- Dustin Havens@DustylenscapMartinez, Toni's replacement, also looking useful. Excited about the young CM options emerging. #SKC
- madisonroad@madisonroadWow, that was bad, AJ Soares. No excuse for that. #NERevs roster needs depth.
- SKC Gameday@SKCgameday59' Martinez AGAIN with a good look as Zusi's corner kick is headed to the top of the box, but the Uruguayan midfielder strikes wide #NEvSKC
- André Silva@meninodekcIf I've said it once, I've said it 1000 times, not a fan of Jacob Peterson being so high in the lineup. #SKC
- Ryan Lanigan@R_LaniganCharlie Davies replacing Jerry Bengtson in the 57th minute. Heaps was clear at halftime he wasn't happy with Bengtson's effort. #NERevs
- Matt LaPan@Matt_LaPanCharlie Davise in Jerry Bengtson out in the 57th minute. If only Jerry connected on that opportunity in the 1st half… #NERevs
- 57'F#9Charlie DaviesF#11Jerry Bengtson
- Matt LaPan@Matt_LaPanSKC having to use 2 subs on injuries. Not what they were looking for after coming in banged up I imagine #NERevs
- 55'F#37Jacob PetersonF#15Sal Zizzo
- Deep in the Fort@DeepInTheFortPeople calling to take Jerry out after a half as if Bunbury hasn't been ineffective for 8 games. #NERevs
- Steve Brisendine@SteveBrisendineFrom @JakeYadrich: Dovale with stomach issues, couldn't continue. Don't blame him; that surface makes any football lover sick.
- Alexi Lalas@AlexiLalasOctopus. RT @CollinsDrew I have no idea what 90% of your tweets are about. I'm going to unfollow unless you can bump that up to 75%. FYI
- Matt LaPan@Matt_LaPanLee Nguyen booked for a Yellow in the 46th minute #NERevs
- 47'M#24Lee Nguyen (New England Revolution) is shown the yellow card.
- Prairie Rose Clayton@hoover_damWE HAVE A PANTSING. I REPEAT, WE HAVE A PANTSING. #nerevs
- NE Revolution@NERevolution46' #NERevs 0 SKC 0 Second half is underway ...
- Christopher Brown@cbrown4747I'd also really like to know why Jay is freezing out Imbongo. I mean, I want to see Mullins as well, but still... #NERevs
- Sporting Kansas City@SportingKC#NEvSKC halftime stats (SKC-NE): Attempts: 10-5 Shots on goal: 0-1 Corner kicks: 4-5 Fouls: 6-7 Possession %: 54-46
- Adam McGee@AdamLMcGeeUsing skc's tactics back at them is holding them off. High pressure, force them to make a mistake, and capitalize. #NERevs
- Christopher Brown@cbrown4747The lack of scoring is obviously getting on Jay's nerves. Not good to see... #NERevs
- Cass@cassgabe7Very entertaining half in #NEvSKC. Some pleasantly suprising threading of the ball from Revs & KC looking more shapeless than I anticipated.
- Abram the (semi)PRO@MindOfAbramWow. Heaps called out Jerry. Did Jerry make out with his mom or something? I don't ever remember Jay calling out a player by name. #NERevs
- Abram the (semi)PRO@MindOfAbramTruth be told: Great game. Too bad Jerry couldn't have scored and Teal is bad at finishing. #NERevs
- JT Chang@phswimmerHeaps calls our Bengston's lack of effort in first half. #NERevs
- NE Revolution@NERevolutionHT #NERevs 0 SKC 0 Relatively quiet ending to the first half and we head into the break scoreless. Will goals come after the interval?
- Seth@SethMan31Certainly can't say that zeros on the scoreboard are from lack of trying. #NERevs pushing hard
- Christopher Brown@cbrown4747Poor finishing but I'm ok with that half. #NERevs
- NE Revolution@NERevolution44' #NERevs 0 SKC 0 Dovale's night comes to an end as he's replaced by Alex Martinez.
- Abram the (semi)PRO@MindOfAbramRight now, Teal is striking me as a ball hog. He wants to score too badly against KC tonight. #NERevs
- 44'MAlex MartinezMToni Dovale
- Matt LaPan@Matt_LaPanSoares takes a hard hit there. Shaken up a bit but calls off the training staff #NERevs
- 41'MToni Dovale (Sporting Kansas City) is shown the yellow card.
- Seth@SethMan31Bunbury is really liking the amount of space that is afforded to him on the flank #NERevs
- Matt LaPan@Matt_LaPanBoth teams having problems with the officiating tonight. Couple of tough calls both ways #NERevs
- Jonah Freedman@jonahfreedmanIf you really like defensive battles, this #NEvSKC game ain't bad. If you like goals, well, shame on you, hipster.
- SKC Gameday@SKCgameday32' HUGE save by Kronberg as he tips away a Bunbury rocket from close range #NEvSKC
- View photo
- Jody Strauch@jodelldPlease tell me it is the pitch that is making the boys move around like newborn foals. #SKC
- NE Revolution@NERevolution26' #NERevs 0 SKC 0 Strong chance for Sal Zizzo as he finds space in the right side of the box, but he blasts well over the crossbar.
- Seth@SethMan31Teal is playing defense. I'm liking him on the wing #NERevs
- NE Revolution@NERevolution25' #NERevs SKC 0 Sporting KC again threatens from a long throw - they'll do that - and Dwyer flicks a header wide of the right post.
- Andy Edwards@AndyEdMLS@JamesStarritt it's hard to picture Teal hitting one very well with his left, even inside my imagination.
- Ben Saufley@bensaufleyDiego getting bossed. Jerry with a sitter. But hey Daigo’s looking decent. #NERevs
- Abram the (semi)PRO@MindOfAbramEvery time I see that Revs academy logo, I wonder why the #NERevs don't just go with that. Not creative, but still better.
- Christopher Brown@cbrown4747Fagundez still isn't on the same page as everyone else. Disappointing. #NERevs
- SKC Gameday@SKCgameday14' Bengtson finds himself all alone in front of Kronberg, but the Honduran international pushes his attempt wide of the net #NEvSKC
- Matt LaPan@Matt_LaPanNot sure how the flag wasn't up. Even more not sure how that wasn't put in the net! Bengtson with the best chance of the game so far #NERevs
- Matt LaPan@Matt_LaPanNeither team with any real rhythm yet. Couple of good runs but nothing major about 13 mins into this game #NERevs
- Seth@SethMan31Bunbury is definitely floating. Has been seen on the right, left and in the middle #NEREVS
- NE Revolution@NERevolution6' #NERevs 0 SKC 0 Turnover in midfield sends the Revs on a quick counter. Fagundez feeds Nguyen, whose effort is blocked out for a corner.
- SKC Gameday@SKCgameday6' #NERevs on the break after Fagundez intercepts a Rosell pass. Collin slides in to deflect Nguyen's cross out for a corner kick.
- Matt LaPan@Matt_LaPanGood early run by Fagundez & Nguyen. Cant finish the chance but leads to a corner kick #NERevs
- SKC Gameday@SKCgameday4' Besler fires a long throw into the #NERevs penalty box. Dwyer finds a pocket of space but sends his header wide of the target. 0-0
- Matt LaPan@Matt_LaPanDorman takes a hard hit and stays down. Clear limp as he gets up #NERevs
- Steve Brisendine@SteveBrisendineWith full credit to @aljarov for the prompt, I submit that the surface at Gillette henceforth be known as the "Putt-Putt Pitch."
- KICKOFF: NE Revolution vs Sporting Kansas City
- HIGHLIGHTS: New England Revolution vs Sporting Kansas City | April 26, 2014
- PENALTY: Oriol Rossell handles a ball in the box and the penalty is given
- New England Revolution vs. Sporting KC April 26, 2014 Preview | Scouting Report
- SportingKC WUFC@SportingKCWUFCView photo
- Ben Saufley@bensaufleyView photo
- Steve Brisendine@SteveBrisendine@ChrisGeorgeKC True that. "Feilhaber plays it through the windmill to Dwyer, who cuts around the lighthouse ..."
- Ian Dunning@ianmdunningView photo
- Matthew Doyle@MLSAnalystHell of a pass from Perez, but Christian's defense here is a laugh: http://t.co/qOuMGAZuIi Slow recognition from Kitchen, too. Bad by DC.
Goals and Assists
Assisted By: Darrius Barnes, Diego Fagundez
|90'+5'||Lee Nguyen (PK)|
Reason: Unsporting Behavior
Reason: Unsporting Behavior
Reason: Time wasting
Reason: Serious Foul
Reason: Unsporting Behavior
MLS at Gillette Stadium
Connection Lost. Reconnecting...