- HIGHLIGHTS: Real Salt Lake vs Colorado Rapids | May 17, 2014
- Major League Soccer@MLSView photo
- Heath Waddingham@RSLTotalMLSAnd there's the final whistle! #RSL holds on for the 1-0 win over the Rapids!
- 90'+6'MSebastian VelasquezM#19Luke Mulholland
- Heath Waddingham@RSLTotalMLSStertzer shown yellow for a clumsy tackle near midfield. #RSLvCOL
- 90'+3'M#27John Stertzer (Real Salt Lake) is shown the yellow card.
- Sean Walker@DSeanKSL90' + 2 John Stertzer enters the match for Javier Morales, the goal scorer. Min. 5' of stoppage time. #RSLvCOL
- 90'+2'M#27John StertzerM#11Javier Morales
- FM Gööner 1886@clockendedSeriously, stop with the terribly weighted passes and go for a long shot. #Rapids96
- Chris Kamrani@chriskamrani89' Luis Gil comes on for Joao Plata. First appearance for Gil since picking up injury in 0-0 draw at Sporting KC on April 5. #RSL
- 89'MLuis GilF#8Joao Plata
- 89'FDanny MwangaD#4Marc Burch
- Sean Walker@DSeanKSLFive minutes + stoppage of a 2-1 game at Rio Tinto Stadium in 2014. This scenario is all too familiar. #RSLvCOL
- Heath Waddingham@RSLTotalMLSTime for #RSL to show what it has learned from its early season late-game troubles.
- Andre Sherard@Sherard_Andre20Nice free kick from Serna and a perfectly placed header from the vet, Drew Moor. Game on. #RSLvCOL
- Chris Bianchi@Rapids_NewsA goal? A goal! #Rapids96 score on Moor header right into the corner. Offense has woken up big-time this half.
- Real Salt Lake@RealSaltLake85' - Gil entering for Plata, 1st action for Luis since April 5 at KC (hamstring) ... #RSL 2 : 1 COL
- John Coon@johncoonsportsGOAL! Drew Moor pulls one back for Colorado. Rapids cut #RSL lead to 2-1 in the 83rd minute.
- Heath Waddingham@RSLTotalMLSFor the number of dangerous free kicks the Rapids have had, they were bound to do something with one of them. #RSLvCOL
- Colorado Rapids@ColoradoRapids#Rapids96 back in it! Drew Moor with a fantastic finish off a Serna set piece. Great service, perfect finish. 2-1, with time for another...
- Chris Bianchi@Rapids_NewsWynne has had a solid game tonight. Been involved in several big clearances. #Rapids96
- 83'2 - 1DGOAL: Drew MoorGoals this Season: 1
- Sean Walker@DSeanKSL80' Mulholland is gassed. I'd expect a change soon for him. Just a guess, though. #RSLvCOL
- Heath Waddingham@RSLTotalMLS20,489 attendance tonight. Standing room only. #RSLvCOL
- Andrew Villegas@ReporterAndrewWe're in Salt Lake, and I can say I've never been more disgusted with how this #Rapids96 team has been put together or is playing. Truly.
- Heath Waddingham@RSLTotalMLSThat makes 3 or 4 times tonight that Colorado has attempted to switch the field and sent the ball straight out of bounds. #RSLvCOL
- David Dir@BigDfutbolPablo really does remind me of Gary smith , the team defending,the way he subs, can they repeat the success to match similar style #RSLvCOL
- David Lindholm@Lindholm#Rapids96 have gotten every call from the ref since the penalty. Of course, I would've traded that one for the rest...
- Mike Sanders@srednasmColorado is their own worst enemy right now. #RSLvCOL
- Luke Lohr@MLSReservesIf you can't have a Rimando, an Attinella will do just fine it seems. #RSLvCOL
- Matthew P Ronne@MatthewPR_Sorry for calling Serna selfish for the past couple of weeks. Special player finding his game. #Rapids96
- Sean Walker@DSeanKSL73' Attinella makes a big double-save by denying Serna in the corner after laying out seconds previous. #RSLvCOL
- 73'M#94Marlon HairstonM#8Dillon Powers
- Andre Sherard@Sherard_Andre20Can't say I understand how Serna got through both defenders. Incredible. #RSLvCOL
- FM Gööner 1886@clockendedSerna is our best offensive player. Need to get him involved more often. #Rapids96
- Daniel Boniface@danielbonifaceVery creative play by Dillon Serna to dribble 2 defenders, nearly score, and earn a corner. The kid is fun to watch #Rapids96
- Sean Walker@DSeanKSL68' Great save by Jeff Attinella, who dives to grab Dillon Serna's point blank attempt on goal. #RSLvCOL
- David Dir@BigDfutbolwas that a Gary smith sighting? 2010mlschampions ! #RSLvCOL great work from Serna
- Colorado Rapids@ColoradoRapidsSerna with an unreal turn in the box, launches a shot at the near post that almost sneaks in. #Rapids96 corner...
- Heath Waddingham@RSLTotalMLSI figured that dive tweet ended up on MatchCenter when I immediately received a reply from a Rapids fan. #RSLvCOL
- Daniel Boniface@danielbonifaceJavier Morales gets a yellow for a dive in the box. Replay confirms the call. Not gonna get an Oscar nom anytime soon. #Rapids96
- Yanks United@YanksUnitedHorrible dive by Morales. Had pace to beat the defense and get a shot away #RSLvCOL
- Luke Lohr@MLSReservesIn Javi's defense, the last dive worked extremely well for RSL. #RSLvCOL
- Sean Walker@DSeanKSL64' Morales earns a yellow card for going down in the box. Geiger looking at simulation, I guess. #RSLvCOL
- David Dir@BigDfutbolNice job from ref tonight, good job on five even if there was contact , nice #RSLvCOL
- Heath Waddingham@RSLTotalMLSAnd Morales is shown yellow for what Geiger saw as a dive. I couldn't tell from where I'm at. #RSLvCOL
- Chris Bianchi@Rapids_NewsAll said, 2-0 current scoreline not fair to #Rapids96. Match far more even than score indicates.
- Nate Scadlock@MindofScadsGames like tonight prove that our normally dominant possession isn't a system thing, but a Beckerman thing. #RSL
- 64'M#11Javier Morales (Real Salt Lake) is shown the yellow card.
- David Lindholm@LindholmPM preached composure this week, even if giving up a goal. Despite finishing troubles, nice to see #Rapids96 playing well & getting chances.
- FM Gööner 1886@clockendedKlute has two left feet I swear. #Rapids96
- J Mason Nordfelt@nordyjmThis match should be about 6-2 Rapids with how many easy chances they've missed... #RSL
- Chris Bianchi@Rapids_NewsBiggest issue for me: #Rapids96 are getting looks, but having trouble putting it on target. Missed shots/headers, not forcing saves.
- Heath Waddingham@RSLTotalMLSWow. Rapids wasting good chances in front of goal. #RSLvCOL
- Chris Bianchi@Rapids_NewsWas just about to tweet what Balboa is saying on the telecast: When does Vicente Sanchez get back? Is it 4-6 weeks yet? #Rapids96
- Daniel Boniface@danielbonifaceInterested to see what Kamani Hill brings tonight. Looked good in training Wednesday. #Rapids96
- FM Gööner 1886@clockendedNot going to be easy now. Rapids can't catch a break. Terrible call ref. #Rapids96
- Chris Kamrani@chriskamrani52' Morales finishes the PK. Javi goes upper 90 right, Irwin goes left and #RSL leads the Rapids 2-0.
- Burgundy Wave@BurgundywaveClint Irwin is having the anti 'his first ever game at Rio Tinto' today. #Rapids96
- Daniel Boniface@danielbonifacePenalty. Drew Moor called for push in the back on Sandoval. 2-0 #RSL 52'
- 51'2 - 0M#11GOAL: Javier Morales (PK)Goals this Season: 4
- Sean Walker@DSeanKSL49' Nate Sturgis off, Kamani Hill on. Pablo Mastroeni has made his first sub in a Rocky Mountain Cup match. #RSLvCOL
- 49'FKamani HillMNathan Sturgis
- Mircea Divricean@MDivriceanView photo
- Real Salt Lake@RealSaltLake2nd half about to kick, no changes for #RSL ... Grossman, Mulholland carrying yellow cards, Plata with the goal, Morales/Sandoval assisting
- wendie ladie@wendieladieView photo
- Heath Waddingham@RSLTotalMLSEveryone at Rio Tinto Stadium just won a free haircut. Contestant hit a free kick over a wall and Leo the Lion did an anti-Rimando. #RSL
- Chris Bianchi@Rapids_News…#Rapids96 need to figure out a way to score (that’s why they pay me the big bucks). Too many close calls. Need goals. Pure and simple.
- Travis Cain@SLTID_TravI am not disappointed, but I am left somewhat unamused by the first 45' of #RSL play(apart from Platas goal, of course)
- Chris Kamrani@chriskamraniHalftime at Rio Tinto: #RSL 1, Colorado 0. Plata's sixth goal of 2014 has still-unbeaten RSL leading.
- Colorado Rapids@ColoradoRapidsMulholland picks up yellow for stepping in front of a Powers set piece as he tries to play quickly. Almost to the end of 1st half. #Rapids96
- Chris Bianchi@Rapids_NewsOOF! Buddle header glances the post, goes just wide. Closest yet for #Rapids96- they’re knocking on the door.
- Colorado Rapids@ColoradoRapidsPowers lines up a set piece... great service, Buddle rises and flicks- off the post! Nice look from the forward. Close to #Edson100.
- 44'M#19Luke Mulholland (Real Salt Lake) is shown the yellow card.
- Heath Waddingham@RSLTotalMLSLooks like Mullholland removed his right shoe while being attended to by trainers. He's up though. Not sure what happened. #RSL
- Chris Kamrani@chriskamraniDeshorn Brown has shifted to the left side of the attack. Instead of Beltran, now Wingert must mark the fleet-footed Rapid. #RSL
- Jeremy Heeringa@jerheeringaJavi doesn't have the power on his shot that he used to, but his passing and touch are still sublime - set grabavoy up on a platter #RSL
- Chris Bianchi@Rapids_NewsCouple rare bobbles/missed touches from Irwin. None have cost #Rapids96 yet.
- 33'MCole Grossman (Real Salt Lake) is shown the yellow card.
- Sean Walker@DSeanKSL30' Ned Grabavoy looks for a low shot against Irwin, but the Elon grad stones Nedinho. #RSLvCOL
- Don Eisenbarth@bigdondooPlata's start is once again one of the most amazing I've ever seen. Kids got a great future. #RSL
- Heath Waddingham@RSLTotalMLS30': Morales frees Nedinho into the box, but Irwin is equal to the task. #RSLvCOL
- Chris Bianchi@Rapids_NewsMastroeni, as he said he’d be this week, looking more fired up than normal on the touchlines. #Rapids96
- Heath Waddingham@RSLTotalMLS28': Plata applies the pressure to Clint Irwin and forces the Rapids keeper to kick the ball out of bounds. #RSLvCOL
- Heath Waddingham@RSLTotalMLS27': A little communication error there between Attinella and Schuler, but the keeper snuffs out a ball in the box. #RSLvCOL
- Fútbol MLS@futbolMLS¡GOOOL! (24') | Joao Plata abre la cuenta luego de una gran combinación entre Javier Morales y Devon Sandoval. #RSLvCOL 1-0
- Chris Bianchi@Rapids_NewsGreat turn and pass from Morales to set that up. Klute couldn’t get over fast enough, #Rapids96 down 1-0. 24'
- Justin Carmony@JustinCarmonyGotta love #rsl’s Plata. Such a smart player who finds the right place to be at the right time.
- Randy Chipman@randychipmanThe buildup and passing that leads to Plata’s goal is amazing. #rsl
- Kris Lindsay@KrisitoLindsay1-0 to RSL after Plata finishes with his signature far post roller #RSLvCOL 24'
- Real Salt Lake@RealSaltLake24' - PLATA!! Great interplay from Sandoval & Morales to put #RSL up 1-0
- 23'1 - 0F#8GOAL: Joao PlataGoals this Season: 6
- View photo
- Alex Erickson®@rannamontanaCommentator just said that Sandoval was "fighting through it like Solange in an elevator" like that's now a common expression. #RSL
- Heath Waddingham@RSLTotalMLSSo far this season (by my count) #RSL has scored 8 goals in the first 20 minutes of games and 8 goals in the last 20 minutes.
- Chris Kamrani@chriskamrani17' Wingert's right-footed rip isn't handled by Irwin, but the Colorado keeper does well to not spill it into the center of the box. #RSL
- Sean Walker@DSeanKSLColorado's center backs seem to be keying in well on Sandoval and Plata. Can the Rapids keep that defensive effort all game? #RSLvCOL
- Real Salt Lake@RealSaltLake15' - #RSL dictating pace & tempo, but final shot/pass well-defended by COL
- Chris Bianchi@Rapids_NewsSerna shot from outside goes high- but spacing for Serna is Mastroeni’s idea. Serna so dangerous in one-on-one situations. #Rapids96
- Major League Soccer@MLSView photo
- Chris Bianchi@Rapids_NewsDangerous ball from Brown cross-goal nearly finds Buddle for what would’ve been 100th career goal. Just unable to connect. #Rapids96
- Chris Bianchi@Rapids_NewsWynne with a monster block, looked like Sandoval’s shot was goal-bound. Second big clearance from Wynne so far. #Rapids96
- Luke Lohr@MLSReserves#RSL really are a different team without Kyle Beckerman. They move differently and react differently under pressure.
- Heath Waddingham@RSLTotalMLS6': Cole Grossman looking calm and collected thus far filling in for Kyle Beckerman. #RSLvCOL
- Heath Waddingham@RSLTotalMLS4': Mulholland's cross sneaks through the Rapids backline, but no one to tap it home. #RSLvCOL
- Chris Kamrani@chriskamrani4' Mulholland plays a ball atop the box into the mix, skips by Moor and Wynne, but Irwin arrives before Plata does. #RSL
- Nate Sulat@NateSulatI really like the #RSLvCOL rivalry. It might be my favorite in MLS. And before Cascadia gets all up on me: Key words are "MIGHT BE."
- Vector@GreenBlackStarView photo
- Sean Walker@DSeanKSLAnd we're off; Colorado's defense, or RSL's pursuit, of the Rocky Mountain Cup is officiall underway. #RSLvCOL
- Sean Walker@DSeanKSLView photo
- KICKOFF: Real Salt Lake vs Colorado Rapids
- Heath Waddingham@RSLTotalMLSTo make it clear, the "DLH" on that last tifo photo is Dell Loy Hansen, owner of #RSL.
- Fake Jeff Cassar@CassartacusView photo
Goals and Assists
Assisted By: Javier Morales, Devon Sandoval
|51'||Javier Morales (PK)|
Assisted By: Dillon Serna
Reason: Unsporting Behavior
Reason: Time wasting
Reason: Unsporting Behavior
MLS at Rio Tinto Stadium
Weather Partly Cloudy
Connection Lost. Reconnecting...