- Fire Conf Live@FireConfLive90+'- Qunicy gets sandwiched. Ensuing FK rolls across the six, and Cociș fails to capitalize. #cf97
- Adam Jardy@AdamJardy93'+ Fire quick restart after a foul, and the cross bounces around the #crew96 box before Steve Clark falls on it. Woah.
- SAVE: Steve Clark disrupts dangerously close Mike Magee cross to Razvan Cocis
- WrongSideOfThePond@wrongsideofpondGehrig on for Parkhurst for the final 4 minutes... that makes me a bit nervous. #Crew96
- Chris May@chrismaydevAbsolutely no urgency. #cf97
- Brian Sandalow@BrianSandalowCocis with a nice move just outside the box and his shot goes high. #cf97
- Chicago Fire WUFC@FireWUFC4 min #cf97
- 90'+1'DEric GehrigDMichael Parkhurst
- Keith Collette@kcbus96+4 #Crew96
- Adam Jardy@AdamJardyLooks like Eric Gehrig about to check in for #crew96
- ...@serenosaurWOW, Lawrenty is all over the place, saving all of #cf97's asses. Thank you!
- Chris 'Coz' Costello@notabbottSo, yeah, security just gang-tackled a pitch invader who couldn't have been much bigger or older than Manny from Modern Family. #cf97
- WrongSideOfThePond@wrongsideofpondTchani was pretty poor in the first half, but he's improved tremendously in the second. #Crew96
- Robert Lima@ral_33View photo#cf97 at night
- Evan Stahr@russiansubsWhy have we had so many incidents of people on the field lately? #cf97
- Hockey Brunch in CHI@HockeyBrunchPitch invader? #cf97
- John Jenzeh@johnjenzehLittle kid just stormed the field. Wow. #cf97
- Brian Sandalow@BrianSandalowWe have a kid on the field in the 87th minute and security took him down hard. #cf97
- Columbus Crew@ColumbusCrew85': Francis stampedes forward to send a cross in from the left, but the Fire back line intercepts the attempt. Still 1-1. #Crew96
- Kirun @bad80smusicWil Trapp is better at playing the long ball than you are at anything #Crew96
- ...@serenosaurAlright, another tie is on the way! We've got our eye on you, single-season MLS tie record! #cf97
- Dan Nelson@LtDan61350Why is a boz to box midfielder getting farther forward than our strikers? #cf97
- Don Ufficio@Don_Ufficio"Hey, we need a goal, let's bring on Logan Pause" - no one ever, except Frank Yallop. #cf97
- Kiley Orchard@Awkward_KiwiAm I the only one who consistently hears "The Great Berhalter" every time these announcers say Gregg Berhalter? Every. Time. #crew96
- Rob@rgrabe20Pause is coming on which means #cf97 are shutting it down and going for a(nother) draw. Okay.
- Gail Jindrich@gjindrichThere is no movement on the attack. None. Zero. Zilch. #cf97
- Sarah Bright@ChiTriGirlLOGAN!!! #cf97
- Brian Sandalow@BrianSandalowPause for Ritter. And that's not an order. #cf97
- James Patrick Gordon@thaumatropiaWelcome back, Captain. #cf97
- 81'MLogan PauseMChris Ritter
- Andrew King@AndrewKingMLS#cf97 are....tied?! How could this be?
- Astroheader@AstroheaderSchoenfeld always looks like he is working very hard because of his bouncy hair. #Crew96
- Mario D'Amico@damico2414Segares not playing well tonight #CF97
- Evan Stahr@russiansubsIf you're gonna take free kicks laterally, at least create something with them like Columbus did there. #cf97
- John Bava III@LWOS_JB3Doesn't get much closer without going in for Magee. #Crew96 dodge a bullet!
- Sean Maslin@SeanMaslinMagee so very close. Seems to finally be getting his confidence back #cf97
- WrongSideOfThePond@wrongsideofpondMike Magee JUST ABOUT restored #cf97's lead, as an Amerikwa pushed counter nearely sees the forward's shot slip inches wide of the post.
- Evan Stahr@russiansubsThat chance was all Watson winning the ball. Just barely outside from Magee. #cf97
- Keith Collette@kcbus96THAT was close. #Crew96
- Brian Sandalow@BrianSandalowAmarikwa finds Magee on the left in the 74th and his shot rolls just wide. #cf97
- Kevin Schroeder@dancingkevinView photoJust hanging with #USMNT & #Crew96 legend @frankiehejduk2 on his bday at #Flanagans rooting on the #Crew96.
- 75'DGonzalo Segares (Chicago Fire FC) is shown the yellow card.
- MLS Atheist@MLSAtheistHow bad a sign is it that Jeff Larentowicz has been Chicago's best centerback of the year? #CHIvCLB
- Jamey@jkvannView photoVamos Chicago! #cf97 #section8 #chicagofire #Fanbulance
- ChiFireMatch@ChiFireMatch69' - YELLOW CARD shown to #Crew96's Waylon Francis as brings down Amarikwa.
- Columbus Crew@ColumbusCrew69': CAUTION -- Francis is issued a yellow for a foul. #Crew96. Still 1-1.
- Keith Collette@kcbus96We've looked like a completely different team in the last 20 minutes. #Crew96
- DØG SHAMMDØG@frenchtexaspipa plz #Crew96
- James Rotheram@J_RovoShipp will be a serious player in the years to come, so much potential for him #cf97
- 69'D#14Waylon Francis (Columbus Crew SC) is shown the yellow card.
- Major League Soccer@MLSView photo
- Jeff Crandall@jefecrandallView photo
- Keith Collette@kcbus96That's a pure hustle play for us to earn that corner. #Crew96
- WrongSideOfThePond@wrongsideofpondDouble change for #Crew96: Schoenfeld on for Bedell, and Meram on for Speas. Berhalter going for it.
- Isaac Oyer@isaacisagingerReally like having Parkhurst playing RB. #Crew96
- Erik Bobbitt@erikBobbittSorta just counting down until Tyson Wahl gives away the GWG #Crew96
- 66'F#12Aaron SchoenfeldFAdam Bedell
- 66'MJustin MeramMBen Speas
- Columbus Crew@ColumbusCrew63': SUB -- #cf97 w/ a second sub. Cocis for Alex.
- Ryan Schwepfinger@Crew_InsiderSeriously, how fun has Ethan Finlay been to watch over the past few months? He's everywhere at all times. #Crew96
- Brian Sandalow@BrianSandalowCocis for Alex in the 63rd. #cf97
- KC Williamson@KC_Williamson13Sean Johnson bravo. Were still gonna win tho. #Crew96
- ChiFireMatch@ChiFireMatch62' - Contentious moment there between Finlay and Palmer on the left hand side... Both tangled, Palmer whistled for the foul. #cf97
- 63'MRazvan CocisMAlex
- Keith Collette@kcbus96Finlay... Wow. That can't be anything other then a goal. #Crew96
- Keith Collette@kcbus96Memo to #Crew96: might not be a bad idea to have someone a little closer to Magee than that.
- Jeff@NUFCBayernFair play to #Crew96 though, as I finally bought one of those away shirts this season.
- Ryan Roberts@RhinoRobertsMost casual shot EVER #crew96
- Jeff@NUFCBayernApparently I'm the only one who thinks it's weird that #Crew96 have worn the same away kit three seasons in a row.
- Michael Citro@11W_MichaelShooting right at the keeper having predictable results tonight. #Crew96
- Jim Franklin@books_and_beerLike it that Shipp is coming in, but think there are others, beside Ward, who need to come off. #cf97
- Orrin Schwarz@Orrin_SchwarzLooks like Cocis hustling back to the bench. Might be the next sub for #cf97
- Brian Sandalow@BrianSandalowHarry Shipp enters for Grant Ward in the 57th. Thought Ward was really having himself a night. #cf97
- WrongSideOfThePond@wrongsideofpondHarry Shipp to come on for #cf97... should add a bit of spring to the Fire attack.
- Columbus Crew@ColumbusCrew57': SUB - Shipp for Ward in a #cf97 change.
- Hot Time In Old Town@HotTimeOldTownThat Sean Johnson save was Dominik Hasek stuff. "Kick save and a beauty!!" #cf97
- Fire Conf Live@FireConfLive57'- Shipp for Ward. Good shift by Grant tonight. Lots of hustle. #cf97
- 57'M#19Harry ShippMGrant Ward
- Mario D'Amico@damico2414The Fire Mids are not playing well #CF97
- Astroheader@AstroheaderGreat save by Johnson. #CHIvCLB
- Ryan Schwepfinger@Crew_InsiderFinlay headed it to Speas, but the ball bounded by without touching him before Pipa swooped in. Should stand as Finlay's helper. #Crew96
- Daniel Fehlhaber@DanielFehlhaberThis is a totally differ bet crew team half #cf97
- Chris 'Coz' Costello@notabbottFire midfield is just really, really bad in transition. Not getting forward fast enough to support the attack. #cf97
- Mario D'Amico@damico2414Sean Johnson says not here son and saves The Fire #CF97
- Adam Jardy@AdamJardy53' This is a totally different #crew96 side in the second half. Great interplay leads to Speas with a full crack, but it's deflected.
- Brian Sandalow@BrianSandalowJohnson save on a Speas shot in the 53rd. #cf97 back line isn't looking like a fortress.
- scot@hangthadjThere is about half a youth soccer team watching this #Crew96 game over my shoulder on my iPad in this Santa Cruz hotel
- Orrin Schwarz@Orrin_SchwarzGood reaction save by Johnson to keep score tied 1-1 in 53rd #cf97
- James Patrick Gordon@thaumatropiaSEAN'S HOUSE #cf97
- Fire Conf Live@FireConfLive52'- Magee screaming at Ward to move. Pot, meet kettle. #cf97
- Kayla Appleby@loveisquartzHey Big Red, you're not a mid tonight. You're a center back. Just fyi. #cf97
- Kiran Balan@captainkiran10View photoNight game! #cf97 #pressbox
- Evan Stahr@russiansubsYou get a free kick in a good position for a cross, and you do...that? #cf97
- Columbus Crew@ColumbusCrew51': Per Opta, Ethan Finlay is credited w/ the assist on Higuain's goal. #Crew96
- Keith Collette@kcbus96Gonzo just got booked for that mess. #Crew96
- Adam Jardy@AdamJardyFederico Higuain moves into sole possession of eighth place in #crew96 history with 24 career goals.
- Ryan Schwepfinger@Crew_InsiderEthan Finlay with the assist — that's now at least one goal or one assist in eight of his last 11 League matches. Breakout. #Crew96
- 50'D#21Giancarlo Gonzalez (Columbus Crew SC) is shown the yellow card.
- Columbus Crew@ColumbusCrew49': Palmer fires a shot from the right side above the box for #cf97 but it is high.
- Gail Jindrich@gjindrichHuh what? 1-1....#cf97
- Mario D'Amico@damico2414So I turned on the game about 20 min in, why isnt Shipp starting? #CF97
- Jonathan Henkels@HenkelsJonathanI think center back is a cursed position for the #cf97 . let's see if they can get another goal
- Winslow Hall@WinslowTeaHallPipa - Magic #Crew96
- Misanthropester@misanthropesterFinally, a tie #cf97
- Major League Soccer@MLSThat's how you start a half. Pipa is just oh-so-calm in front of goal. #CHIvCLB
- Ryan Schwepfinger@Crew_InsiderGorgeous fake shot from Pipa. That's a classic FIFA 14 move right there. #Crew96
- Alec Gastesi@agastesi6PIPA #Crew96
- JP Lococo@jp_lococoHiguain is class. #Crew96
- Ryan Brister@ThroughBallsThe second half has started in Chicago...and #Crew96 have scored
- KC Williamson@KC_Williamson13Well that must of been one hell of a halftime speech. #Crew96
- Evan Stahr@russiansubs... ... ... OH COME ON UGHHHHHHHH #CF97
- James Key@jbkeysportsfanThat's the way to start the 2nd half, with a Higuain goal!!! 1-1 #Crew96
- Cody Sharrett@CodySharrett15 seconds. That's all Pipa needs. #Crew96
- 🌟K4CP3R🌟@kacperdesignzView photo#Sparky at the #fire game! #cf97 #chicago #soccer #futbol #toyota #proud #turndownforwhat
- 46'1 - 1FGOAL: Federico HiguaínGoals this Season: 8
- Brian Sandalow@BrianSandalowHALFTIME: Magee's 37th minute penalty kick gives #cf97 a 1-0 lead at halftime.
- ChiFireMatch@ChiFireMatch90+' - One minute of stoppage time to be added on to the first half of play. #cf97
- Dan@ColumbustilidieI nominate Finlay's left foot for least valuable appendage.. Er maybe walls right arm. #crew96
- WrongSideOfThePond@wrongsideofpondAnother golden -- but missed -- chance for #Crew96. Again coming from Parkhurst, who gets deep and lays off to Finlay, but Ianni blocks.
- Fire Conf Live@FireConfLive44'- Parkhurst crosses it into the box, and Ianni blocks a shot after making a mistake to allow the shot. All square, Patrick. #cf97
- Bob O'Shaughnessy@oshaughnessySecond balls on crosses kill us as badly as our static runs in the box. #Crew96
- Jim Franklin@books_and_beerNeed to see more like that Alex-to-Ward play. That looked fairly promising. #cf97
- John Bava III@LWOS_JB3Must say, that sure looked like a bit of home cooking; the ball hit his upper bicep; I've seen worse not called. #Crew96
- Nicholas Fedora@nfedora3Was just about to say #cf97 need a set piece specialist (Shipp) if sacrificing midfield creativity. Gotta hold the lead now.
- Nino Torres@espnino74No reaction, team is numb after the goal #Crew96
- David Harris@hardworkharrisToo many opportunities go by without a shot on goal... too many. #cf97
- Adam Martin@MadAdam4View photo
- Nino Torres@espnino74The ball went to his arm, no intention there, wrong call, part of the game #Crew96
- Matt Carlson@MattCarlson20
- All In With Balan@CaptainKiran10Team and crowd have finally woken up! #cf97
- Eric Krol@EAKrolView photo
- Alex Knerem@AlexKneremI hate Chicago #cf97
- Rob Fetterer@RobFetterer#cf97 now we're rolling!
- S. Brothers-McGrew@SteveKZ087Apparently the pectoral muscle is part of the hand now. Thanks, refs. #crew96
- il Generale USA@ilGeneraleUSADark Magic Mike strikes. 1-0 #cf97
- All In With Balan@CaptainKiran10The Fire take a 1-0 lead!! Courtesy of Magic Mike from the spot! #cf97
- Fire Conf Live@FireConfLive36'- Penal! Ward's chip/cross hits Wahl's arm, Petrescu awards the PK. #cf97
- Brian Sandalow@BrianSandalow#cf97 to get a penalty after a Columbus handball in the 36th.
- 37'1 - 0FGOAL: Mike Magee (PK)Goals this Season: 6
- ChiFireMatch@ChiFireMatch34' - Alex sends in a great first time cross from the left looking for Magee that's put out for another corner. #cf97
- Mario D'Amico@damico2414Let's Go Fire, get 3 points #CF97
- Brian Sandalow@BrianSandalowLarentowicz's running header off a corner right to Clark. #cf97
- Orrin Schwarz@Orrin_SchwarzLarentowicz header off Magee CK forces Clark to make save, but not a difficult save #cf97 31' 0-0
- ChiFireMatch@ChiFireMatch30' - Palmer and Ward work well on the right and Lovel earns another Fire corner after his cross is deflected out. #cf97
- Misanthropester@misanthropesterBecause #cf97 is impotent on the wings, just remove the option
- SAVE: Steve Clark handles a powerful Jeff Larentowicz header
- Misanthropester@misanthropesterAbandon the wings, just pack the middle tight like a 4-1-3-2 #cf97
- Fire Conf Live@FireConfLiveHaven't looked at the live stats, but I have to think #cf97's passing completion is around 65% right now.
- WrongSideOfThePond@wrongsideofpondExcellent chance for #Crew96, as play is switched to Parkhurst, who then crosses in well but neither Finlay or Beddell is able to connect.
- ChiFireMatch@ChiFireMatch26' - Parkhurst cross from the right is a swing and a miss away from Finlay making it 1-0... Close one. #cf97
- Keith Collette@kcbus96That was a disappointing free kick. #Crew96
- Jonathan Henkels@HenkelsJonathan#cf97 need to get Magee more involved, some sort of change is necessary
- Fire Conf Live@FireConfLiveRitter appears to have been given the assignment of marking Higuain tonight. #cf97
- Chris Macchi@mxcchiView photo
- View photo
- Adam Jardy@AdamJardyGiancarlo Gonzalez just closed down Amarikwa like a cornerback and threw a shoulder for good measure. Clean, physical play. #crew96
- Ryan Schwepfinger@Crew_InsiderJust rewatched that Parkhurst tackle. What I love most is that he's shading up the middle, in position, well before the layoff. #Crew96
- Steve@helms_deepView photoThird game in seven days #cf97
- Adam Jardy@AdamJardyWaylon Francis was questionable with a left hip strain. Doesn't seem to have usual burst so far tonight. #crew96
- Evan Stahr@russiansubsSection 8 looks and sounds great on TV. Rest of the stadium - not as much. #cf97
- Adam Jardy@AdamJardyMichael Parkhurst definitely holding his left shoulder. Just fell on it after heading out Magee's corner kick. #crew96
- Brian Sandalow@BrianSandalowAmarikwa has gone to ground three times. Just drew a foul. #cf97
- ChiFireMatch@ChiFireMatch15' - Tyson Wahl takes a big crack at Quincy Amarikwa. Foul whistled and warned by referee Silviu Petrescu. #cf97
- Fire Conf Live@FireConfLive15'- Wahl clips Amarikwa, gets away with a warning. Easily could've been yellow. #cf97
- Kevin Cram@k2cramLong day. Gonna decompress with a little #Crew96.
- Evan Stahr@russiansubsAmarikwa is really talented at drawing contact. Maybe it's not the most sportsmanlike skill, but it's useful. #cf97
- Andrew King@AndrewKingMLSTony Tchani really looks off since that hit on the head. Hope he's okay. #Crew96
- Guillermo Rivera@FireConfNot a whole lot out of the middle pitch again from #cf97. Watson/Ritter combo lacks vision
- Adam Jardy@AdamJardyChad Barson and Eric Gehrig are warming now for #crew96 and Michael Parkhurst is holding his left shoulder a bit after a tough challenge.
- Brian Sandalow@BrianSandalowAmarikwa leaves one back for Watson, whose attempt is blocked on the way. #cf97
- View photo
- Dasan@dae29View photoCame to check out the good ole boys in red #CF97 #ChicagoFire
- Sarah Elizabeth@gingerr28View photoMy old goalie skills came in handy tonight! Caught the autographed ball from Lovel Palmer :) #cf97 @chicagofire
- ʝ⚙ЯᎠᗩИ ℓ⚙ᗰИᎥC̤̈ƘᎥ™@jlom13View photo
- Fire Conf Live@FireConfLive#cf97's attack is through their outside backs. Or links to the center, and then back outside. No creative central option.
- Adam Jardy@AdamJardyKevan George is warming on the #crew96 sideline. Gregg Berhalter talking with Waylon Francis during the break.
- Brian Sandalow@BrianSandalowTchani gets nailed in the noggin by an Alex cross and goes down. That had to hurt. #cf97
- Rob@rgrabe20So Alex is full blonde. That's a thing that is now. #cf97
- S. Brothers-McGrew@SteveKZ087Looks like a pretty good #crew96 supporter turnout at Chicago! Hoping for a good result tonight.
- John Bava III@LWOS_JB3Higuain & Bedell up front in a 4-4-2 tonight. Adam continues to crack the starting lineup in recent games. #Crew96
- WrongSideOfThePond@wrongsideofpondIf the first few minutes is any indication, #cf97 will be looking to play Route 1 tonight.
- JP Lococo@jp_lococoTime for some #Crew96 action.
- section8chicago@section8chicagoView photo#cf97 v #crew96 underway. Sing loud & proud #s8c
- Michael Thompson@MikeyTheNose2nd minute and Parkhurst is already more effective at RB than Barson #Crew96
- Keith Collette@kcbus96Wow. #Crew96 Finlay looked like he had his mind made up to cross that second ball. Maybe he should have gone to goal.
- Fire Conf Live@FireConfLive3'- Dangerous moment there for #cf97 as Finley takes Segares deep, but Ward directs the ball out for a corner.
- ...@serenosaurFantastic herp-derp in the second minute there. #cf97 teammates can't help out Quincy. :(
- Fire Conf Live@FireConfLive2'- Quincy wins a ball deep from Gonzalez, but doesn't see Ward wide open in the box. Comes to nothing. #cf97
- Brent C. Ford@brentcfordLet's get the win tonight #Crew96
- Adam Jardy@AdamJardyAnd we're underway at Toyota Park. #Crew96 attacking left to right across your Twitter timeline.
- HIGHLIGHTS: Chicago Fire vs. Columbus Crew | August 2, 2014
- Eray@iErayDursunWhy hasn't Shipp been starting? He's my captain this week in fantasy :( #cf97
- John Kass@John_KassView photo
- James Rotheram@J_Rovotime for #cf97, come on boys
- Massive Report@MassiveReport#Crew96 starters: Clark; Parkhurst, Gonzalez, Wahl, Francis, Finlay, Tchani, Trapp, Speas, Higuaín, Bedell
- Don Walsh@ugly11Lineup wise, Im more concerned about CBs than Shipp. #cf97
- columbus crew@crewcolumbusView photoTwo minutes to go. #columbuscrew #crew96 #crewvsfire #chicagofire #DARETOBEMASSIVE #soccer #futbol #crew #blackandgold #mls #majorleaguesoccer #mlssoccer
- Columbus Crew@columbuscrewView photoGetting the legs ready for tonight. Are you set for #Crew96 action?
- Casual Life@AmericanCasual1View photo
- View photo
- Robert Lima@ral_33View photo#cf97
- sarahdru@skdzView photoit will be a good one #cf97
- Chicago Fire@ChicagoFireView photo
- Katherine Kiedaisch@kat_kiedaischView photo#crew96 happy birthday Frankie!
- Brandon Curran@bcurry5View photoJust your casual pic with Crew Defender Josh Williams at the Crew vs Chicago game #PissOnTheFire #Crew96
- Columbus Crew@columbuscrewView photoTonight's lineup. The Captain shifts to the right. #Crew96
Goals and Assists
|37'||Mike Magee (PK)|
Assisted By: Ethan Finlay
Reason: Not visible
Reason: Unsporting Behavior
Reason: Not visible
MLS at SeatGeek Stadium
Weather Partly Cloudy
Connection Lost. Reconnecting...