- Major League Soccer@MLSView photo
- Major League Soccer@MLSView photo
- Major League Soccer@MLSView photo
- Andy Pereira@Andypereira86YESSS! #TFC wins in Columbus!!
- TFC Rumors@TFC_RumorsFirst ever season sweep of #Crew96. Big 9 points.
- Todd Fichtenberg@Toddrick33This match exemplifies what it's like to be a #crew96 fan.
- Dale Coleman@cmpnFrom the sound of it, there are still three very upset Wookies in Crew Stadium. #CLBvTOR
- 90'+2'MKyle BekkerFLuke Moore
- Columbus Crew@ColumbusCrewFour minutes of stoppage time added. #Crew96
- Amy Bernhardt@amy_lauraFrancis needed to be a little less fancy there. A few too many crossovers. #crew96
- Daniel Girard@danrgirardWe've certainly seen this before! A weak goal conceded by #TFC to tie 2-1.But to answer back with 3-2 goal a sign of how this team has grown
- Kasey Shadow@KCJonzeMoore with 2 goals and an assist for #TFC tonight. He is sure enjoying his new team.
- Luke Lohr@MLSReservesBest part about that TFC goal was the boy in the background trying to impress the girl, who didn't care as she watched the game. #CLBvTOR
- Matt Tidcombe@MattTidcombeWhat a brilliant header by Luke Moore! I've been saying all year he's been #TFC's best player outside of Defoe/Bradley this season.Big goal!
- David Bailey@DABailey62Take that Tony Tchani! #TFC
- Toronto FC@torontofc84' - Want Moore Goals? You Got it! 3-2 Good Guys! #TFCLive
- SAVE: Joe Bendik expertly stops a powerful Jairo Arrieta boot from distance
- Joshua Duder@Pitch_MindersTruth be told. I never thought Bendik was a very good keeper. #CLBvTOR
- 84'2 - 3FGOAL: Luke MooreGoals this Season: 1
- pharmy1917@pharmy1917Most hilarious goal ever there. TFC gonna TFC. #Crew96
- Columbus Crew@ColumbusCrew81': It's Meram! Joe Bendik was playing a rushing Schoenfeld as Meram's cross found its way directly into the goal. #Crew96
- Toronto FC@torontofc82' - Goal Columbus. 2-2. #TFClive
- Kevin @90_kevMost uninspiring #Crew96 team in many years. Failed in transfer market and some pat them on the back for trying. No accountability.
- Columbus Crew@ColumbusCrew81': GOAL #Crew96!!!
- 81'2 - 2M#9GOAL: Justin MeramGoals this Season: 3
- Ryan Schwepfinger@Crew_InsiderLooks like #Crew96 will go to a three-man backline here with Gehrig coming off. Possibly Parkhurst wide right?
- Patrick Murphy@_Pat_Murphy_That sub puts some of the height back on the field #Crew96 have missed since Bedell went out.
- 79'F#12Aaron SchoenfeldDEric Gehrig
- Kat@powerskaNot sure why #crew96 have to have 70 touches before trying to shoot the ball. Gah!
- Toronto FC@torontofc78' - Toronto FC 2 - Columbus Crew 1. #TFCLive
- Duane Rollins@24thminuteThings I'm also not hearing anymore: "If only #TFC had a passionate owner like Joey Saputo."
- SAVE: Steve Clark shuts down Gilberto in his tracks
- Andrew King@AndrewKingMLSSchoenfeld is coming in for #Crew96
- Ben Ferree@bferree12#Crew96 still have plenty of time for the tie, but need to score soon to keep a win in sight.
- Andrew King@AndrewKingMLS17,822 in Crew Stadium tonight. #Crew96
- Andrew Todd-Smith@ErroneousMayo73' Another #Crew96 corner results in nothing. Another one upcoming and Higuain's ability to bend does nothing w/ rest of team sitting back.
- Patrick Murphy@_Pat_Murphy_Arrieta is really being left up top alone. #Crew96 players aren't getting up in support as they were in the first half for Bedell.
- Andrew Todd-Smith@ErroneousMayo71' #Crew96 seems to have lost an element of urgency in last 5 minutes. Arrieta, Finlay and Higuain only ones appearing really W-hungry.
- Adam Jardy@AdamJardySeveral #TFC players are angrily gesturing to Ethan Finlay. I didn't see what happened, but Michael Bradley was among them. TFC player down.
- 64'M#9Justin MeramMBen Speas
- Ryan Schwepfinger@Crew_InsiderLooks like Jairo Arrieta and Justin Meram are up and ready on the #Crew96 bench.
- Andrew Todd-Smith@ErroneousMayo62' Another Higuain chip threatens but is just a hair off the mark. #Crew96 has healthy looking offense tonight, equalizer not o.o.reach
- 63'FJairo ArrietaFAdam Bedell
- John Bava III@LWOS_JB3The defense was walking a tightrope the past few minutes; seemed like it was only a matter of time before they conceded a goal. #Crew96
- Massive Report@MassiveReportDouble sub coming up for the #Crew96. Meram and Arrieta getting ready to check in.
- 61'MJacksonMDominic Oduro
- Columbus Crew@ColumbusCrew59': GOAL for @TorontoFC.
- 59'1 - 2M#21GOAL: Jonathan OsorioGoals this Season: 2
- Columbus Crew@ColumbusCrew57': Moore has a chance to turn and fire right on Clark's doorstep, but he skies the shot over the bar. #Crew96
- Toronto FC@torontofc56' - Oso Close! Big Save From Clark. #TFCLive
- SAVE: Steve Clark gets a touch on a dangerous strike from Jonathan Osorio
- Daniel Karell@DanielKarellBy the way, Josh Williams is here at Crew Stadium tonight, but in street clothes. Is still injured. #Crew96
- Paul Featsent@Paul_Featsent17The TWC broadcast says Anor is left off 18 because of coaches decision which is false he was listed as questionable on injury report #Crew96
- Matt Bernhardt@bernhardtsoccer#crew96 have no answer to high pressure in the back from Toronto - caught several times in this game so far
- Ben Ferree@bferree12I'm going to claim that Clark/Gonzalez/Gilberto collision as another successful prediction for me tonight. I'm on fire. #Crew96
- 53'DDoneil Henry (Toronto FC) is shown the yellow card.
- Ben Ferree@bferree12Lampson is warming up on the sideline. Not sure if it is just precautionary, or if we will see him tonight. #Crew96
- Ben Ferree@bferree12Gonzalez with a sliding stop on Gilberto, but slides into Steve Clark, who is still down. #Crew96
- Adam Jardy@AdamJardy#crew96 GK Steve Clark is down with a lower leg/knee injury after a collision with Gilberto.
- Columbus Crew@ColumbusCrew51': Tremendous slide tackle by Gonzalez to dispossess Gilberto in the box. That's the Pipo we saw at the FIFA World Cup. #Crew96
- Andrew Todd-Smith@ErroneousMayo48' Brilliant sequence by #Crew96, Finlay patiently leads a surging Gehrig who HURDLES a defender, tap back to Speas. Shot just high, 1-1.
- Columbus Crew@ColumbusCrew48': CHANCE - Gehrig dribbles in on the right side, takes his time and lays off to Speas. Ben absolutely rips it, but it's high. #Crew96
- Matt Bernhardt@bernhardtsoccerTSN announcers didn't note the 15th- minute tribute to Urso, but just gave significant credit to all the memorial efforts, $ raised #crew96
- Columbus Crew@ColumbusCrew47': Finlay makes a run and Tchani does a wonderful job to spot it and play him from deep, but the pass is a tad too heavy. #Crew96
- Andrew Todd-Smith@ErroneousMayo2nd half underway in Columbus. #Crew96 go immediately on the attack; Tchani gets a ball to Bedell who tries to tap it to Finlay but no dice.
- MISS: Ben Speas springs forward, but rockets it too high
- Paul Featsent@Paul_Featsent17For a guy who is 6' 7" Bedell really cant head a ball. Getting better though. #Crew96
- Ryan Schwepfinger@Crew_InsiderJust saw the PK replay. I think it's a good call. When you jump with your hand over your head, it's tough to say otherwise. #Crew96
- Ben Ferree@bferree12#Crew96 go into the half with less possession and fewer completed passes than their opponent. That is rare this year.
- Greg Lalas@GaetjensView photo
- Matt Bernhardt@bernhardtsoccerHiguain and Tchani lead the #crew96 with 96% pass completion in first half. Wil Trapp at 88%. Speas 83%, Finlay 73%
- Donnie Hale@adhalejrGo to the restroom, miss a Crew goal. Guess what I'll be doing a lot in the second half. #Crew96
- Adam@AdamMullinsFirst game and I see a penalty kick goal. I'm ok with this. These seats are great too. #Crew96
- Andrew King@AndrewKingMLSFederico Higuain now has nine goals on the season for #Crew96. He's 4 for 5 from the penalty spot.
- Michael Jager@MJagShyamalanView photo
- Andrew King@AndrewKingMLSLots of positives in that half for #Crew96. Speas and Finlay have both been excellent and Gonzalez and Parkhurst are looking solid per usual
- Adam Jardy@AdamJardyFederico Higuain has now scored in three straight games for the first time in his #crew96 career.
- Miki Turner@turneresqThat is a harsh PK to call. #CLBvTOR
- Toronto FC@torontofcHalf Time: Toronto FC - 1 Columbus Crew - 1 #TFCLive
- Columbus Crew@ColumbusCrew45'+: GOAL #Crew96! Pipa from the spot makes it 1-1 in first-half stoppage time!
- Adam Jardy@AdamJardyFederico Higuain fires low and to the right, and it's a 1-1 game seconds before the end of the first half. #crew96
- Matt Tidcombe@MattTidcombeYou can't have your arms up in the air when defending in your own penalty area. #TFC can't get into half time with the lead. 1-1.
- hellojohnhere@hellojohnhereCan #TFC pick up 3 points on the road with their game-in-hand? Man that would be sweet.
- Columbus Crew@ColumbusCrew45'+: PENALTY for #Crew96!
- 45'+2'1 - 1M#2GOAL: Federico Higuaín (PK)Goals this Season: 9
- Ben Ferree@bferree12Corner coming up before the half, it gets headed out for another #Crew96 corner. Last chance to equalize before the half.
- Thomas Floyd@thomasfloyd10That's a true striker's goal from Gilberto. Got away from Gonzalez, took a nice touch and slotted it just inside the post. #CLBvTOR
- Mike McGuire@McGuire_MikeGoal #tfc just on the edge of halftime! Good old' Gil leading the line in the absence of Defoe very well again 1-0 Reds
- Justin Henley@JustinTHenleyIgnore the foul on one end and the offside on the other. These refs are ruining a otherwise very good game. #Crew96
- PENALTY: Justin Morrow called for hand ball in the box
- Andrew King@AndrewKingMLSNow it seems that we get Angry Pipa for the rest of the night. Almost pulled off one of his insane chips for #Crew96
- Total MLS@TotalMLSGilberto is starting to get comfortable. 1-0 TFC. #CLBvTOR
- Devin Cathcart@ClevelandGoonerUgh. What was that #Crew96? Toronto pushing on the break. Crew caught out.
- 43'0 - 1FGOAL: GilbertoGoals this Season: 4
- Amy Bernhardt@amy_lauraGehrig is doing well on the side tonight. Love to see him getting playing time. #crew96
- Andrew Todd-Smith@ErroneousMayo36' Oduro w/ a chance but saved by Clark. He's got the speed and the footwork but not the final flourish, same as his last caps w/ #Crew96.
- Columbus Crew@ColumbusCrew36': CHANCE - Oduro slips a pass to Moore in the box, but his shot is deflected and is an easy catch for Clark. 0-0. #Crew96
- BLOCK: Luke Moore tries to angle it in, but cannot get it past defenders
- Ben Ferree@bferree12"It's tougher to play soccer without a ball" #Crew96 broadcast only speaks the truth.
- Andrew King@AndrewKingMLS@shinguardian Berhalter likes the dual CDM setup, but if you watch them long enough, it's obvious that Tchani/Trapp don't play same position
- Columbus Crew@ColumbusCrew31': Bradley slips a through ball to Oduro, but Parkhurst does a wonderful job to hustle over and close down the speedster. #Crew96
- Patrick Murphy@_Pat_Murphy_#Crew96 have lost their attacking option at RB with Gehrig tonight. Finlay has been the wide player while Francis has been on the left.
- Coach Lasso@CoachLassoYou think Michael Bradley puts stickem on his head to help control his headers? #CLBvTOR
- Rod Swain@NoSwainNoGainWait, you have a ticket & beer bundle and you're not calling it "Brew & Crew?" Come on #Crew96
- Nate Beckman@4castnateSteve Clark is my favorite #Crew96 goalkeeper. And I've liked most if them.
- Daniel Karell@DanielKarell26’ TFC are hardly putting any pressure on Crew center mids, which is allowing them to get wingers and wide backs involved. #Crew96
- Columbus Crew@ColumbusCrew27': Speas dribbles through two defenders and earns a free kick. It's played to Higuain, who shoots, but it's blocked. #Crew96
- Ben Ferree@bferree12#Crew96 has less possession than normal, but (in my opinion) more chances. Kind of counter-intuitive for this squad.
- Massive Report@MassiveReport26' Speas takes on two defenders wide of the box and is fouled. Free kick #Crew96.
- Matt Bernhardt@bernhardtsoccerTSN announcers don't think much of Adam Bedell - put a few failed attacks squarely on his play #crew96
- John Clem@JohnRClemAnd that's why Columbus dumped Dom... #Crew96
- pharmy1917@pharmy1917Nobody tell Bedell's dad, but this Toronto broadcasting crew is being pretty critical of his efforts so far. #Crew96
- Ryan Schwepfinger@Crew_InsiderSomething to keep an eye on: just 41% possession for #Crew96 through the first 25 minutes. They've still generated chances though.
- Mike Standish@MikeStandishFederico Higuain stands alongside Cubo Torres as one of my fave non-Sounders MLS players. Immensely entertaining. #CLBvTOR
- Claire Donaldson@cm_donaldsonOduro... facepalm.. #TFC
- Columbus Crew@ColumbusCrew24': ANOTHER CHANCE - This time it's #Crew96 nearly breaking the match open as Bedell has a header sail just wide. End-to-end action here.
- Kylie Beery@mae_230Let's gooooo Columbus!!!! #Crew96 ⚽️
- Matthew Doyle@MLSAnalystAnother perfect ball from Bradley that Oduro, 1v1 with the 'keeper, manages to put into row 12. #CLBvTOR
- Toronto FC@torontofc23' - Oduro on the break! over the bar. #TFClive
- Andrew Todd-Smith@ErroneousMayo22' After some acrobatic D by Finlay, sprinting Gilberto has brutal collision with GK Clark, foul on the #TFC man. Physical, committed play.
- Cody Sharrett@CodySharrettI'll say it again: Nothing past Stevie. Not even players. #Crew96
- MISS: Adam Bedell ripping header just finds side netting
- Daniel Karell@DanielKarell22’ Some sloppy defending from Toronto tonight, Gilberto then collides into Steve Clark outside the box. Foul called on Gilberto. #TFC
- MISS: Dominic Oduro charges in with great opportunity, but blasts it high
- McKenna Humphrey@MrsHump_TruckTotes excited for the game! Worth the 5 hours of tailgating before hand. #Crew96
- Ben Ferree@bferree12A long Oduro cross goes through the box, but Finlay comes flying in for a clearance and draws a foul. Not bad. #Crew96
- Andrew King@AndrewKingMLSWing play has been excellent for #Crew96 tonight. Finlay and Speas are both doing good work from either side.
- Toronto FC@torontofc20' - Big Save Bendik! #TFCLive
- Matthew Doyle@MLSAnalystAnnouncers talking about Spongebob. That's how you know a rivalry game's hit fever pitch. #CLBvTOR
- Ben Ferree@bferree12A Spongebob Bubble Buddy reference on the #Crew96 broadcast? You know it.
- SAVE: Joe Bendik's quick reflexes stop an approaching Ethan Finlay
- Peter Galindo@pgalindo16One of Columbus' biggest issues is the lack of midfield at times. They're so open sometimes. #TFC can take advantage with Dominic Oduro.
- Columbus Crew@ColumbusCrew15': As the 15th minute elapses, the Nordecke breaks out into a "Kirk Urso" chant. A nice tribute on Urso Memorial Night. #Crew96
- Amy Bernhardt@amy_lauraBedell is improving - but #crew96 really need a veteran striker.
- Ryan Schwepfinger@Crew_InsiderBerhalter specifically mentioned the Francis/Oduro battle earlier. Said Waylon's experience against him in practice would be key. #Crew96
- Patrick Guldan@GuldanMRSpeas seems most adept of the #Crew96 left wingers at cutting in. Toronto struggled so far.
- MISS: Adam Bedell's high-flying header goes wide
- Andrew King@AndrewKingMLSBen Speas looks up for this one tonight. He's been lively on the left side for #Crew96
- Massive Report@MassiveReport10' Gilberto gets down the sideline and delivers a low cross, but it is cleared by #Crew96 for a corner.
- Toronto FC@torontofc10' - TFC spreading the Crew out through the wings, opening up space in the centre of the park. Corner TFC. #TFClive
- Matt Bernhardt@bernhardtsoccerNo misdirection in the lineup, then, as Eric Gehrig delivers a cross from the right offensive channel #crew96 - will be interesting to see
- Ryan Schwepfinger@Crew_InsiderGehrig got forward effectively there but the cross was just a tad off. Definitely keeping my eye on him at RB tonight. #Crew96
- Patrick Murphy@_Pat_Murphy_Dwight Burgess points out that this is the center official's second MLS game in the middle of the park. #Crew96
- Eric Walcott@ericwalcottBradley looks like he needs a midfield partner who can think on his level. #TFC
- Andrew Todd-Smith@ErroneousMayo4' Sloppy ball control so far from #TFC. But Oduro turns jets on, gets it to Gilberto & Luke Moore absolutely botches an easy chance wide L
- SAVE: Steve Clark easily handles Gilberto's acrobatic effort
- Toronto FC@torontofc5' - Falls to the foot of Luke Moore, open shot on net! Shot wide. #TFCLive
- Toronto FC@torontofcFouled, Bradley took the FK. RT @mara_football: What happened to Oduro there anyways? Was he tackled/fouled or just pulled up on something?
- MISS: Luke More moves in on goal, but sends it wide
- JP Lococo@jp_lococoView photo
- Toronto FC@torontofc2' - Oduro looks to be ok, coming back on the pitch. #TFCLive
- Toronto FC@torontofc1' - And we are off, TFC in Onyx, Columbus in Yellow. #TFClive
- HIGHLIGHTS: Columbus Crew vs. Toronto FC | August 9, 2014
- BLOCK: Aaron Schoenfeld long distance rocket is deflected out
- KICKOFF: Columbus Crew vs. Toronto FC
- Daniel Rogers@DanRogersOhioStWe are underway at Crew stadium between the #Crew96 and Toronto FC
- Columbus Crew@ColumbusCrewView photo
- Columbus Crew@ColumbusCrew#Crew96 has taken the field on a beautiful Saturday evening. Black & Gold shooting toward the south goal in the first half tonight.
- Fútbol MLS@futbolMLSView photo
- Tiffany @sydnestamomView photo
- Luke Lohr@MLSReservesMy first Golazo match tonight is #CLBvTOR - Who we favoring here?
- Rio Grande Track @RioGrandeTrackView photo
Goals and Assists
Assisted By: Luke Moore
|45'+2'||Federico Higuaín (PK)|
Assisted By: Luke Moore
Assisted By: Waylon Francis
Assisted By: Collen Warner
Reason: Unsporting Behavior
MLS at Columbus Crew Stadium
Weather Partly Cloudy
Connection Lost. Reconnecting...