- Major League Soccer@MLSView photo
- Matt Bernhardt@bernhardtsoccer#crew96 struggled for much of the game, and can't complain about this result - lack of discipline and control, IMO
- Scott Wesseler@SwesselerWhelp, let's just attribute this #Crew96 loss to turf? Cool? Cool.
- Matt LaPan@Matt_LaPanThat does it! Revs win 2-1 behind Jermaine Jones' game-winner for the 2nd straight match #NERevs
- Chris@chrisedwards_auAre the #Crew96 trying to tank out of the playoffs to protect players in the Expansion Draft or something?
- Charles Boehm@cboehmHate to see playmaker vs playmaker violence - well, ok, tackling - like that one by Higuain on Kobayashi. #NEvCLB
- 90'+5'MLee Nguyen (New England Revolution) is shown the yellow card.
- KC Williamson@KC_Williamson13Well when it rains it pours.....#Crew96
- Adam Jardy@AdamJardyHiguain is shown yellow, and he will also miss next weekend's game. Holy smokes. #crew96
- 90'+3'MFederico Higuaín (Columbus Crew SC) is shown the yellow card.
- Andrew Gaboury@agabouryBetween Shuttleworth and the referee there are some questionable haircuts in Gillette tonight. #NERevs
- Chris@chrisedwards_auWhose bright idea was that free kick routine? #NEvCLB
- WrongSideOfThePond@wrongsideofpondAnor took it (and missed). Because why not? #Crew96
- WrongSideOfThePond@wrongsideofpondWell, Higuaín's sweet spot for yet another free kick. Can he do it a third time this season? #Crew96
- Greg Benson@Gregulator614I'm not going to say the #Crew96 were robbed by a blown offside call and a dive, but... okay, that's exactly what I'm saying.
- NOBODY EXPECTS THE@GeoffTebbettsSWEEP THE LEG, REVS. (Not actually. That's be illegal.) #NERevs
- Seth@SethMan31#NERevs are 10-8-1 when Neumann comes off the bench
- Seth@SethMan31Neumann makes his 20th appearance off the bench #NEREVS
- WrongSideOfThePond@wrongsideofpondYou know, #Crew96 really haven't suffered much from going down a man. The guys still on the field are busting it.
- 86'MSteve NeumannM#10Teal Bunbury
- Crew 96@CowtownCalcioSTOP CROSSING THE BALL. STOP CROSSING THE BALL. STOOOOOOOOPPP. #Crew96
- NE Soccer Journal@NESoccerJournalThe #NERevs-Jones-Saturday average attendance (two games) = 21,404
- Anna Sawin Photography@annasawinphotoView photoOkay, do maybe a little wet! #nerevs
- Kevin @90_kevIf only #Crew96 had a forward instead of a USL PRO player up front.
- Charles Boehm@cboehmNew Englanders, is there a giant weather switch somewhere up there that flips from "Average" to "Atrocious" setting on Oct 1? #NEvCLB
- Lizz Summers@LizzSumTV is really not doing this rain at the #NERevs game justice. It's wet out there. Very wet.
- Christopher Brown@cbrown4747Why don't we look good when up a man this season? #NERevs
- Scott Fultz@sfdolonWell that sucked but I'm still happy with the overall trend; playoffs will be rough with our forward situation if we make it. #Crew96
- Paul Featsent@Paul_Featsent17I really hope this is not the collapse that we have every year. It typically starts at New England. #Crew96
- Little MLS Blog@LittleMLSBlogYes, definite yellow for Francis but once again Charlie Davies with some awful embellishment. #NEvCLB
- Matthew Doyle@MLSAnalystLook at it this way, Crew fans: Michigan is losing to Rutgers. So you've got that going for you. #NEvCLB
- Matt Bernhardt@bernhardtsoccerAgain, not a smart play from Francis there - made worse by the unwise caution in the first half. Must play smarter there. #crew96
- Nate Orne@NateOrneAs much as I hate to say it, that was a great play by Francis, prevented a goal. #NERevs
- Abram the Anonymous@MindOfAbramJermaine Jones. Newcomer of the Year? #NERevs
- Jimmy Nelson@ZeroAlucard27FINALLY!!! Justice for the #NERevs as Francis is sent off after interfering with a hasty throw-in from Davies!
- 71'FJairo ArrietaFAaron Schoenfeld
- Thomas Floyd@thomasfloyd10That set piece for New England was so simple, yet so effective. #NEvCLB
- Seth@SethMan31Should also be noted that Tierney's free kick highlights why he needs to be on the field #NERevs
- John Bava III@LWOS_JB3Not good defending from Columbus; ball watching leads to that Jermaine Jones goal. #Crew96
- Brandon Farrand@brandonfarrand1View photo@jermainejunior GOAL puts the @nerevolution up 2-1!!!!!! #JJ13 #NERevs
- 70'D#14Waylon Francis (Columbus Crew SC) is shown the red card.
- 69'DKevin AlstonMKelyn Rowe
- Craig Forde@Craig_FordeKelyn Rowe, who was down in front of Shuttleworth a few minutes prior, is back down on turf and now coming out #NERevs
- Jimmy Nelson@ZeroAlucard27YESS!!! THE ULTIMATE REVENGE FOR JERMAINE JONES!! UNFAIRLY BOOKED, AND HE GETS THE GO-AHEAD GOAL!! #NERevs
- 67'2 - 1MGOAL: Jermaine JonesGoals this Season: 2
- 67'MBernardo AnorMJustin Meram
- The Rebellion@NErebellionThere's a special place in hell for referees that give Jermaine Jones a card. #NERevs
- Andrew King@AndrewKingMLSSo many chances for #Crew96 tonight. Lots of shots on goal, but Shuttleworth is playing out of his mind and the finishing hasn't been great.
- Andy Edwards@AndyEdMLSI don't care if they play without goalkeepers the rest of the way, no one will ever score again. #NEvCLB
- 64'MJermaine Jones (New England Revolution) is shown the yellow card.
- Kurtis Burke@kburke24How do I get Bobby's jersey from tonight!?!? #NERevs
- Matt LaPan@Matt_LaPanSoares ripping into his midfielders after that play. Rowe and Bunbury in particular. Getting on them for not getting back #NERevs
- Matt Bernhardt@bernhardtsoccer#crew96 are noticeably less sharp in passing than they usually are - unharried touches are more often going to the opposition
- Seth@SethMan31Here comes Daigo. He's the only player to appear in every #NERevs game this year
- Patrick Murphy@_Pat_Murphy_#NERevs announcers update: Says only so many season tickets are still left for next year. I find that hard to believe in Gillette Stadium.
- 59'MDaigo KobayashiM#6Scott Caldwell
- 59'DA.J. Soares (New England Revolution) is shown the yellow card.
- mollysnap5@mollysnap5View photoWatching the revs with a hot choc and a poncho #NERevs #DD #gilettestadium #soaked
- Seth@SethMan31Fun fact: Schoenfeld's first MLS goal was against #NEREVS
- Trent May@trentemayJust imagine how good #Crew96 would be if they would have gotten a proper striker during the transfer window.
- Ryan Schwepfinger@Crew_InsiderOne telling element of GB's first year: it seems like everyone on the team has gotten better individually as the year's gone along. #Crew96
- Tom Lillis IV@tlillis4#NERevs Jones' theme song should be "Autumn in New England" 'cause he falls as easy as a Berkshires leaf 🍁 ⚽️
- WrongSideOfThePond@wrongsideofpondTchani is playing like a boss tonight, again setting up Finlay with another golden chance with another threaded pass. #Crew96
- Astroheader@AstroheaderOnly a #Crew96 player would try a dummy at the top of his own 18.
- Ben Cordes@fraterrisusIt's definitely *exciting* to have Bunbury and Farrell both bombing forward on the right, but we're just asking for it... #NEvCLB
- Daniel Karell@DanielKarellLee Nguyen doing his best Higuain impression. Scoop pass, then nearly chips Steve Clark. That would have been sensational. #NERevs
- Rick Thomas@OThomaoWill Jimenez complete a cross tonight? #NEvCLB
- Haley@htschwartzView photoIt's only a little wet at the #NERevs game tonight
- HTM#16Héctor JiménezDEric Gehrig
- Christopher Brown@cbrown4747Cliche alert: The next goal is so, so crucial and the #NERevs have to get it.
- NE Revolution@NERevolutionCollege Night takes the pitch as Team Laser tops Team Boston in.... In... You guys mind giving us a… http://t.co/ctQlD2ozyU
- Rick Thomas@OThomaoHalftime and it's all tied 7-7. Coffee break! #NEvCLB
- Matt Bernhardt@bernhardtsoccer#crew96 have definitely had their moments in this one, but finishing hasn't found the needed luck
- raysullivan@raysullivanView photoBraving the elements for three points. #NERevs #NETID
- Adam Jardy@AdamJardy#crew96 players shaken up tonight: Higuain, Meram, Tchani, Finlay, Schoenfeld.
- Ben Ferree@ben_ferreeIf Francis has to miss one game the rest of the season, next week is the best choice. Still not good though. #Crew96
- Chris Canieso@extraforeignguyView photoFirst soccer game ever 😘 #NErevs
- 41'DJosé Gonçalves (New England Revolution) is shown the yellow card.
- Adam Jardy@AdamJardyHad Waylon Francis not earned a yellow card tonight, he'd have earned the good behavior incentive and had one taken from his tally. #crew96
- Matt Bernhardt@bernhardtsoccerNot sure what Francis was thinking there - no upside to that tackle, don't think anyone else from #crew96 had pushed forward
- Adam Jardy@AdamJardyWayon Francis earns a bad yellow card, and he'll be suspended next weekend. What was he doing there? #crew96
- 39'D#14Waylon Francis (Columbus Crew SC) is shown the yellow card.
- Matthew Doyle@MLSAnalystJust put on the Revs game. Huge series of downs right here for the hosts. #NEvCLB
- birdboy2000@birdboy2000Tom Brady hasn't thrown touchdown passes from that far this year - and it almost went in. Nice effort by Jones. #NERevs
- Matt LaPan@Matt_LaPanJermaine Jones with a long blast. Revs testing Clark often, can they get another one by him? #NERevs
- Alexi Lalas@AlexiLalasFootball lines at Gillette is nothing new. Business is business. #NEvCLB
- Andrew's beard@FarrellsbeardI almost was shaved off! 😯 #NERevs
- Jasmond Madison@NOJazz86#NEvCLB okay am I the only one who has to talk himself out of thinking players are out of bounds when they go past the football lines.
- michelledukegreen@michelledukegreenView photoSinging in the rain #Nerevs #revolution #wetfeet
- Patrick Murphy@_Pat_Murphy_Kevan George warming up for #Crew96 now.
- Patrick Murphy@_Pat_Murphy_Tchani went down untouched. This is what turf can do. Doesn't look good for the midfielder. #Crew96
- Chris Goodwin@cmg799Back line extremely suspect in this game so far... #NERevs
- Patrick Murphy@_Pat_Murphy_Hector Jimenez already warming up behind Clark's goal... #Crew96
- Andy Edwards@AndyEdMLSTrapp and Tchani as a deep midfield duo, and both their ability to make a splitting pass into the final third. Unrivaled. #NEvCLB
- WrongSideOfThePond@wrongsideofpondAnd by the way, that was a DIME from Tchani to set Finlay up. #Crew96
- Brett Clapper@baclapFinlay is the future for us up front. He's got to stick around. #crew96
- Jimmy Nelson@ZeroAlucard27Tie game. Bad defense from the Revs, and Ethan Finlay slots it home. #NERevs
- Ryan Schwepfinger@Crew_InsiderSpeed kills. Finlay, again. Tchani bossing the midfield to win possession makes that play, though. And the pass. Terrific goal. #Crew96
- Adam Jardy@AdamJardyThis is the first time the Crew has trailed in three games. First goal allowed in 252 minutes. #crew96
- Adam Jardy@AdamJardyWaylon Francis with a little shove to Farrell after the play, and the official gives him a talking. One yellow from suspension. #crew96
- 25'1 - 1M#13GOAL: Ethan FinlayGoals this Season: 9
- Nathan Gower@NAGowerAnd a fantastic goal from Nguyen. Really solid few minutes for #NERevs in an otherwise slow start. Use this as momentum to gain control.
- Anna Sawin Photography@annasawinphotoView photo#nerevs
- Seth@SethMan31Good switch by Bunbury. He's another player that deserves more credit #NERevs
- Eric Walcott@ericwalcottNE is Nguyen-ing! #NERevs
- 20'1 - 0MGOAL: Lee NguyenGoals this Season: 14
- Fierce Kierce @reluctantappleUm excuse me, where is the defense? Thank god Bobby is paying attention. #nerevs
- Jimmy Nelson@ZeroAlucard27WHAT A SAVE!! Shuttleworth had some nasty words for his defenders. #NERevs
- Ryan Schwepfinger@Crew_InsiderUnreal save by Shuttleworth. #Crew96 buildup was tremendous. Just keep plugging away and it'll come.
- Matt Bernhardt@bernhardtsoccerIf you hear random crowd noise on the broadcast, Horse Guy was just on the jumbotron #crew96
- Seth@SethMan31Weird to see Jones openly standing offside on the free kick. Did it last week too #NERevs
- Margaret Rose@margaret1314View photo#NERevs
- Cathal Conlon@CathalConlonIt takes more than a little bit of rain to dampen the enthusiasm of #NERevs fans. Great buzz in the building tonight. Well played!
- Craig Forde@Craig_FordeThe #NERevs did train in dismal conditions much of the week, but nothing like tonight. Fans gutting this one out deserve praise
- Jimmy Nelson@ZeroAlucard27The irony is that while everything is screaming "PATRIOTS" on the field, #NERevs are having a better run of form.
- Daniel Karell@DanielKarellVery dangerous challenge from Higuain, who stepped on the shins of Rowe. Could have been a card easily. #Crew96
- Jim Caulfield@jmcaulfieldGuess the guy that waters the turf is off tonight. #nerevs
- Eric Lander@ericlanderseoView photoCal had to show she was #NETID supporting her #nerevs in the pouring rain, rocking an #nerevsselfie
- Total MLS@TotalMLSThink the Crew just got a first down. #NEvCLB
- Daniel Karell@DanielKarellDid Federico Higuain actually track back to the top of the box? Haven’t seen that all year haha. #Crew96
- Krisy and Ang@_tumblr_gurlzzzView photoRev's game🇺🇸⚽️ #nerevs
- Julie Williams@jpwilliams94the revs really need their own stadium. it's confusing watching soccer on a field with the patriots logo and the yard lines marked. #NEvCLB
- Sean Steffen@SeanSteffenExtremely large crowd at the #NEvCLB game considering it's pouring rain on an ugly turf field painted for football.
- WrongSideOfThePond@wrongsideofpondUgh... THOSE football lines. #NERevs
- KICKOFF: New England Revolution vs Columbus Crew | October 4, 2014
- HIGHLIGHTS: New England Revolution vs Columbus Crew | October 4, 2013
- SHOT: Ethan Finlay nearly catches the Revs defense sleeping
- New England Revolution@nerevolutionView photoThanks to Providence Fire Fighter Jermaine Woods for all he does and for being tonight's #NERevs Honorary Captain!
- Eric Lander@EricLanderSEOView photo
- Adam Jardy@AdamJardyIf the Crew wins tonight, it will be tied with SKC on points (46) in 2nd but SKC holds 1st tiebreaker (total wins). #crew96
- Shannon Tate@shannonelizz29View photoLETSGO REVS ⚽️#nerevs
- NE Soccer Journal@NESoccerJournal#NERevs enter tonight in third place in the Eastern Conference after Sporting Kansas City drew D.C. United last night.
- Nathan Verissimo@nathanv123#NERevs gametime!
- Matthew Dubois@mdubes77View photoWet and wild night go #nerevs
- Lisa Nelson@ellenelson9View photoIt's monsooning in Foxboro. Whatever. Go #NERevs!
Goals and Assists
Assisted By: Teal Bunbury
Assisted By: Tony Tchani
Assisted By: Chris Tierney
Reason: Unsporting Behavior
Reason: Unsporting behaviour
Reason: Unsporting Behavior
Reason: Unsporting Behavior
Reason: Unsporting behaviour
Reason: Unsporting behaviour
Reason: Time wasting
MLS at Gillette Stadium
NBC Sports Boston
Connection Lost. Reconnecting...