Houston Dynamo vs. Orlando City | MLS Match Preview
HOUSTON DYNAMO vs ORLANDO CITY
BBVA COMPASS STADIUM, Houston, Texas
March 13, 2015 (WEEK 2, MLS Game #11)
6 p.m. CT (UniMas, UDN, UnivisionDeportes.com)
A pair of clubs coming off thrilling openings to the new season meet on Viernes de Fútbol when the Houston Dynamo play host to Orlando City at BBVA Compass Stadium. The Dynamo opened their campaign with a victory, getting the game’s only goal for a win against Columbus Crew SC in Houston. Orlando City SC kicked off their MLS history with a bang, Kaká netting a late equalizer from a deflected free kick in front of a sellout crowd at the Orlando Citrus Bowl for a 1-1 draw with fellow newboys New York City FC.
REFEREE: Chris Penso. AR1 (bench): Kevin Klinger; AR2 (opposite): Mark Cahen; 4th: Armando Villarreal
Penso MLS Career: 59 games; FC/gm: 23.4; Y/gm: 3.2; R: 17; pens: 20
SUSPENDED: ORL: Aurélien Collin (through March 15)
DISABLED LIST: ORL: Martin Paterson
INTERNATIONAL ABSENCES: none
ALL-TIME: First meeting.
- This is the only league meeting between the teams this season.
- Coaches' records: Owen Coyle vs. ORL: first game … Adrian Heath vs. HOU: first game
- In his first game as the Houston Dynamo No. 1 between the posts, Tyler Deric made six saves to record his fourth career league shutout in a 1-0 win against Columbus Crew SC on Saturday at BBVA Compass Stadium. The game’s lone goal was scored by Giles Barnes.
- Kaká scored the first goal in Orlando City history in dramatic fashion – netting a free kick (with the help of a deflection) in stoppage time to give his team a 1-1 draw vs. New York City FC in their first-ever MLS contest.
- The crowd of 62,510 to see the inaugural OCSC match at the Orlando Citrus Bowl was the 14th largest in MLS history, the ninth-largest for a stand-alone league match and the second-largest for a team’s first-ever MLS home opener.