New York City FC vs Montreal Impact | MLS Match Preview
NEW YORK CITY FC vs MONTRÉAL IMPACT
YANKEE STADIUM, Bronx, N.Y.
June 13, 2015 (WEEK 15, MLS Game #147)
7 p.m. ET (YES; TVA)
A pair of clubs looking to jumpstart a rise up the Eastern Conference table over the second half of the season meet when New York City FC play host to the Montréal Impact on Saturday evening at Yankee Stadium. NYCFC put an end to their 11-game winless run, but sit just five points outside of the playoff positions following their 2-1 win at Philadelphia Union last weekend. The Impact have now won back-to-back games, coming off their first road victory in more than a year in a 2-1 triumph at Columbus Crew SC last weekend.
- New York City FC put an end to their winless streak after 11 games with their 2-1 win Saturday against Philadelphia Union at PPL Park. It matched the third-longest winless run for an expansion team in MLS history; it was their first victory since March 15.
- The Impact won their fourth game in the last five outings and for the first time in league play away from Stade Saputo, claiming a 2-1 win against Columbus Crew SC on Saturday evening.
- The win in Columbus put an end to a 25-game road winless streak for the Impact, the second-longest in MLS history. The New York Red Bulls went 27 games without a road win in 2008-09. It was the club’s first league win outside of Montréal since a 4-2 win at New England in September 2013.
- This is the first meeting ever between the clubs, the first of three meetings this season, all over the next six weeks. They will meet at Stade Saputo on July 4, then back at Yankee Stadium on Aug. 1.
REFEREE: Jair Marrufo. AR1 (bench): Corey Parker; AR2 (opposite): Richard Gamache; 4th: Alex Chilowicz
MLS Career: 184 games; FC/gm: 23.3; Y/gm: 2.9; R: 34; pens: 53
SUSPENDED: MTL: Marco Donadel (yellow card accumulation; through June 14)
SUSPENDED NEXT YELLOW CARD: NYC: Kwame Watson-Siriboe SUSPENDED AFTER TWO YELLOW CARDS: NYC: Mehdi Ballouchy, Chris Wingert, Jason Hernandez … MTL: Nigel Reo-Coker, Calum Mallace, Jack McInerney, Andres Romero
DISABLED LIST: none
INTERNATIONAL ABSENCES: NYC: Adam Nemec (Slovakia; 6/14 vs. Macedonia) ... MTL: Maxim Tissot (Canada; 6/16 vs. Dominica); Ambroise Oyongo (Cameroon; 6/14 vs. Mauritania)
ALL-TIME: First meeting.
RETURN MATCHES: 7/4: Montreal Impact vs. New York City FC, 8 p.m. ET; 8/1: New York City FC vs. Montreal Impact, 7 p.m.
- Coaches record: Jason Kreis vs. MTL: P2 W1 L1 D0 … Frank Klopas vs. NYC: first game
"Unpredictable" McNamara looks to stay hot for NYCFC
After USMNT duty, Kreis cautious on Diskerud's return to NYCFC
Lefevre growing into role in Montreal's backline
Banged-up Montreal finally on the mend