- adidas Soccer@adidassoccerView photo
- Nick Chávez@NickChavezMLSDamn Rogers was pissed about something. Shoving match with Velasquez, and then shoves Iraola who tries to play peacemaker. #LAvNYC
- Cristian Nyari@CnyariStevie G & Keano. Just two lads having fun on the pitch. #LAvNYC
- Andrew Schmidt@ScatterfeltLA could have a 6th, but Gerrard & Keane get in a polite dispute about who should get the final tap-in. Too much class, literally. #LAvNYC
- Dylan Butler@Dylan_ButlerSo easy for Twellman to take shots at 5-1. Yes, NYCFC was exposed today. Yes they can still make the playoffs #LAvNYC
- MLSApologist@MLSApologistFYI, Mix Diskerud is still playing. JK, but you had to double check. #lavnyc
- Corner Of The Galaxy@GalaxyPodcastDos Santos on the free kick. It goes just wide. Had Saunders beat. #LAGalaxy
- 83'MNed Grabavoy (New York City FC) is shown the yellow card.
- 82'D-MRafael GarciaM#17Sebastian Lletget
- 81'5 - 1FGOAL: Robbie KeaneGoals this Season: 15
- 80'4 - 1F#7GOAL: David Villa (PK)Goals this Season: 15
- Wayne Parr@NYCFC_ANewStartWe knew this would be a very tough game. But looks like team has no ideas out there. #NYCFC
- LA Galaxy Brasil@brasil_galaxyView photo
- Tim Abel@timabelView photo
- 75'F#32Patrick MullinsMAndrea Pirlo
- Nick Chávez@NickChavezMLSKeane mercifully puts that shot over the post. LA wants more blood. #LAvNYC
- Amor Fati@SPQR515Hahahaaaa... Keane totes fubbed that #LAvNYC
- 74'DDan GarganD#20A.J. DeLaGarza
- New York Sports Hub@NYSports_Hub'70 Zardes runs down the wing, crosses in to gerrard who play Lletget in, and he slots it in past Saunders. LA running ragged now. #LAvNYC
- MelC@MelBZEAmazing! And they are all scoring! Lletget!!!!! I can see each player scoring today, lol! 😀 4-0 #LAvNYC
- Jessica@_jesssica24_Damn.. #LAGalaxy is killin' it...
- 70'4 - 0M#17GOAL: Sebastian LletgetGoals this Season: 7
- Andrea Canales@soccercanalesStevie G. is looking a bit like me yesterday - like it's too darn hot and how far off is the final whistle? My sympathies. Gio goal! #LAvNYC
- Wesley McGlone@wesmcgloneRobbie Keane looking more like David Villa than David Villa tonight. #LAGalaxy
- 67'3 - 0F#10GOAL: Giovani dos SantosGoals this Season: 2
- Phillip Foose@iamnotunusualThe body language and effort from NYCFC is incredibly poor. #LAvNYC
- New York Sports Hub@NYSports_Hub'63 Too easy for the Galaxy as Rodgers walks past the defence. Luckily, Saunders was there to make the save. #LAvNYC
- Corner Of The Galaxy@GalaxyPodcastPirlo is definitely in the “Run Little, Run Smart” camp. #LAvNYC
- Pablo Maurer@MLSistYes, #NYCFC players. Walk off the field. Don't run or anything. Jeez.
- 59'MNed GrabavoyM#15Thomas McNamara
- 59'MSebastian VelasquezMMix Diskerud
- Andrew Schmidt@ScatterfeltAnd another assist for Dos Santos, who continues to look like he’s been playing alongside Keane for years. #LAvNYC
- Challengers Podcast@ChallengersPodKeane’s been sniffing around goal all day, and look what happened when they attacked through the middle instead of crossing! #LAvNYC
- New York Sports Hub@NYSports_Hub'53 Villa looks lost on his own up front. Bring Mullins on if you ask me. #LAvNYC
- 54'2 - 0FGOAL: Robbie KeaneGoals this Season: 14
- Liam McMahon@liam_mcmahon_11Is it just me, or does Andrea Pirlo look really bad for #NYCFC
- Andrew Schmidt@ScatterfeltIs New York City the most lopsided team? #LAvNYC
- Andrea Canales@soccercanalesNYCFC looking more focused this second half - or maybe a bit more refreshed from the heat after the break. #LAvNYC
- Emily @thatgirlsroomieWill there be more life out of #NYCFC in this second half.....
- Matt Pollard@LWOSMattPollardEven though #NYCFC isn't running the diamond, you can see plainly how valuable Beckerman was to Kreis. Doesn't have a Beckerman right now.
- Brooke Tunstall@YesThatBrookeWhen he wants to be - and often when he doesn't - Bruce Arena is the best quote. #LAvNYC
- New York Sports Hub@NYSports_HubOn the stroke of half-time, LA have a free kick in a dangerous position. Gerrard to take. #LAvNYC
- Anthony@AntWooseyGerrard needs to be played further forward in this game. Waste in that holding role #LAGalaxy
- Hudson River Blue@hudsonriverblueGalaxy shredding the #NYCFC defense. Like watching a velociraptor eat some meat.
- Matthew Doyle@MLSAnalystThis Keane guy just isn't much of a finisher. #LAvNYC
- Andrea Canales@soccercanalesRobbie Rogers inexplicably (accidently) ruins his own break chance, backheels ball to NYCFC defense. #LAvNYC
- Mark McClure@mrkmcclrView photo
- Ray@rayhaas42David Villa...probably the most rookie mistake I've seen by a DP not preventing a quick free kick. #LAvNYC
- 36'1 - 0M#11GOAL: Gyasi ZardesGoals this Season: 6
- The Orange Futbol@OrangeECLballI'm a bit surprised that DeLaGarza has been as attack minded as he's been so far. #LAvNYC
- W. Knutt Megg Esq.@MLSmuppetThat was a fun play and goal. But he was Lletgetimately offside. #LAvNYC
- Matthew Doyle@MLSAnalystLletget & Poku are both going to be very high on this year's 24 Under 24. #LAvNYC
- Corner Of The Galaxy@GalaxyPodcastThat’s going to be offside. But it was a great build up from LA. Tore NYC apart there. #LAGalaxy
- Andrea Canales@soccercanalesGalaxy should be ahead at this point. They might really rue these close, but not quite events soon. #LAvNYC
- Andrea Canales@soccercanalesGio set for another corner. Looking for Omar - finds him, but off-balance header doesn't make it in, Keane off crossbar in scramble. #LAvNYC
- Matteo Portoghese@MatthewWoodyNYC comunque fragilerrimo dietro. #LAvNYC
- Matthew Doyle@MLSAnalystThat's the best play of Leonardo's life. #LAvNYC
- SAVE: Josh Saunders tips one over the bar
- New York Sports Hub@NYSports_Hub'23 Not the best of performances from either side here as Iraola commits a foul on Lletget. #LAvNYC
- Andrea Canales@soccercanalesKeane's outlet pass to Gio was off-target there. Gio doesn't get half as upset about it as Keane would have if he'd been free. #LAvNYC
- Coleman Larned@thesoccerswellDiskerud consistently playing wide left screams of having to shove a square DP peg in a round hole to justify the acquisition #LAvNYC
- SOCCER.COM@soccerdotcomView photo
- Corner Of The Galaxy@GalaxyPodcastZardes whistled for a handball. Didn’t see the handball. Did see him get dragged down to cause the “handling.” #LAGalaxy
- Adam Serrano@LAGalaxyInsider20' WOW! Diskerud appears to bring down Zardes but they call a foul on the #LAGalaxy striker to the chagrin of the StubHub Center crowd.
- Hudson River Blue@hudsonriverblueAnd on cue, #NYCFC have let LAG back into the game. Lots of sloppy play.
- New York Sports Hub@NYSports_Hub'17 Angelino makes a great tackle to stop what looked a promising attack for the Galaxy. Well done. #LAvNYC
- Hudson River Blue@hudsonriverblue1st 15’ have gone well for #NYCFC. Need to convert chances, though.
- View photo
- Andrea Canales@soccercanalesLA is giving up a lot of possession to NYCFC - is there something about managing their energy in the heat going on? #LAvNYC
- View photo
- JGutierrez@andthefoulView photo
- Christian Araos@Christian_AraosMaybe not the smartest idea to leave a lot of space for Pirlo to operate in. #LAvNYC
- New York Sports Hub@NYSports_Hub'4 First shot on target for NYCFC, Villa harmlessly rolls the ball towards Ricketts. #LAvNYC
- ESPN FC@ESPNFCView photo
- REPLAY: Robbie Keane with a tap in goal for his brace
- REPLAY: Sebastian Lletget nets his seventh goal of the season
- REPLAY: Gio Dos Santos follows Keane's chip with one of his own
- REPLAY: Robbie Keane adds to the Galaxy lead
- REPLAY: Gyasi Zardes beats Josh Saunders with a header
- HIGHLIGHTS: LA Galaxy vs. New York City FC | August 23, 2015
- JGutierrez@andthefoulView photo
- Jeff Carlisle@JeffreyCarlisleAccording to an #NYCFC spokesman, Lampard didn't suffer any setbacks w/injury. Is hopeful that he returns next week. We'll see.
- Wendy Thomas@bardsblondView photo
- Dan Dickinson@GothamistDanBut seriously, NYCFC has the better option on the field in Poku. Let the stupid narrative die in a fire. #LAvNYC
- Carrie Rapaport⚽️@newt_ripleyView photo
- LA Galaxy@LAGalaxy_EsView photo
- Alex Fydryszewski@AFydryszewskiNo Lampard again for #NYCFC. Fans may complain, but fitness doesn't get easier with age.
Goals and Assists
Assisted By: Robbie Keane, Juninho
Assisted By: Giovani dos Santos
|67'||Giovani dos Santos|
Assisted By: Robbie Keane
Assisted By: Steven Gerrard, Gyasi Zardes
|80'||David Villa (PK)|
Assisted By: Robbie Rogers, Sebastian Lletget
Reason: Unsporting Behavior
MLS at StubHub Center
Connection Lost. Reconnecting...