Justin Meram scores fastest goal in MLS Cup Playoffs history
Well that didn't take long.
After just nine seconds, Justin Meram opened the scoring for Columbus Crew SC against the New York Red Bulls in the Eastern Conference Championship. The goal was the fastest in Audi MLS Cup Playoff history.
The previous record holder was also a goal by a Crew SC player. Adrian Paz after just 26 seconds for Columbus back on September 8, 1996 against the Tampa Bay Mutiny. The game was the sixth-ever playoff game in playoff history.
- REPLAY: Justin Meram doesn't waste any time before giving the Crew the lead0:21
- SAVE: Steve Clark makes a huge stop on Kljestan's effort0:30
- SAVE: Luis Robles makes a crucial diving save just before the break0:27
- CHANCE: Sacha Kljestan's close range effort goes just wide of the near post0:27
- SHOT: Justin Meram nearly finds the net for a second time0:29
- GOAL: Kei Kamara taps in after Mabwati's creative build up0:28
- REPLAY: Kei Kamara gives the Crew a huge two-goal advantage0:23