Orlando City SC 2, Real Salt Lake 2 | 2016 MLS Match Recap
Orlando City SC scored two stoppage-time goals to complete a stunning comeback and tie Real Salt Lake 2-2, sending 60,147 supporters into delirium at the Citrus Bowl.
- 26' - RSL - Joao Plata (PK)
- 66' - RSL - Joao Plata (Tony Beltran, Juan Manuel Martinez)
- 94' - ORL - Cyle Larin (Brek Shea, Hadji Barry)
- 95' - ORL - Adrian Winter (Cyle Larin, Servando Carrasco)
- Full box score
- Watch highlights
- THRILLING COMEBACK: With RSL up 2-0, the game looked to be all but over as it entered stoppage time, with Orlando putting pressure on the RSL defense but generating few quality chances throughout the match. That changed with a Brek Shea cross to Larin, who was free in the box. The 2015 AT&T MLS Rookie of the Year finished it coolly, before also having a hand in the equalizer. A Servando Carrasco long ball made its way all the way into the box where Winter had an open lane, making no mistake on the finish.
- BURRITO MAKES LIONS LOOK SILLY: Plata may have scored the two goals for RSL, but the real star turn for RSL came from Juan Manuel Martinez. "Burrito" was turning Orlando defenders throughout the match and generally had them looking like they were on skates. One spectacular spin move to get through a couple of defenders led to Plata's second goal.
- PHYSICAL AFFAIR: This game was not without controversy. Demar Phillips saw a second yellow for RSL just 20 minutes into the game after a flying scissors kick connected with Larin. The numbers evened out when Orlando's Darwin Ceren saw a straight red just before halftime after his shoulder made contact with Javier Morales. The teams played with 10 men each for the entirety of the second half.
- ORL: Friday vs. Chicago Fire (7 pm ET, UniMás)
- RSL: Saturday vs. Seattle Sounders (4 pm ET, MLS LIVE)