- Sal Cipriano@salciprianoSometimes a game like this is exactly what we need. We hung in there, got a result, an away goal. Bring it home, boys. #U23s
- Straight Red@StraightRedPodMASSIVE result. #COLvUSA
- Yahoo Soccer@YahooSoccerView photo
- Windy City Soccer@windycitysoccerMore a case of ball hitting hand than hand hitting ball on Acosta. #COLvUSA
- 32 Flags@32flagsAnd while the set piece didn't work, the #USMNT U23's have a throw in.
- Mark Fishkin@MarkFishkinHere. We. Gooooooo. #USMNT
- 32 Flags@32flagsFour minutes of stoppage time, three minutes left of that and the #USMNT has a set piece.
- Sterling McGarvey@sterling_mKiesewetter the Hedgehog. #USMNT
- Joey Gulino@JGulinoLAAs the great Sir Alex put it, this is definitely squeaky bum time for the #USMNT U23s
- 90'+1'DCristián Borja (Colombia Under-23 Men's National Team) is shown the yellow card.
- Franco Panizo@FrancoPanizoMorris is spent. He's got almost nothing left to give, but no subs remaining in part bc of forced goalkeeper switch in 1st half. #USMNT
- Sam Svilar@sammich923Morris is just gonna straight up collapse on the field once the whistle blows. Someone's gonna have to drag him to the plane. #COLvUSA
- Jason Longshore@LongshoeHave to keep composure, don't waste this effort now #COLvUSA
- 32 Flags@32flagsI'm going to sound like Alexi Lalas for a second but if the #USMNT wants to beat Colombia, they'll have to do it on a set piece.
- The Philly Rambler@phillyramblerTim Parker has played really well today. He's carried a struggling Miazga and is handling Colombias forwards well. Def a #USMNT player soon.
- Jason Longshore@LongshoeMiazga lucky to not see a 2nd yellow there #COLvUSA
- Dan@landycakezJordan Morris looking frustrated. He's used to our senior team, where we make 2 passes before giving it away, instead of 1. #USMNT
- STL Soccer Report@STLSoccerReportKeep wearing them down...more and more desperate, tired passes. #COLvUSA
- Trent Hergenrader@thergenradeOverwhelming problem with #USMNT at all levels is their collective inability to possess the ball, play keep away when necessary.
- 83'G#55Cody Cropper (US Under-23 Men's National Team) is shown the yellow card.
- Victor Stuopys@vtrainstuopysYes it's the last 10 minutes and US is under attack but unlike other games I feel really confident they can hold this draw at least #usmnt
- Taylor Twellman@TaylorTwellmanAt some point Morris has to be a release of pressure with possession and not the deep threat every time. #COLvUSA
- Kyle McCarthy@kylejmccarthyHyndman, Trapp + Polster have done a good job of procuring fouls to relieve pressure all afternoon. Precious in these circumstances. #USMNT
- Alexander the Great@AnIcecoldBrewI'm loving the fight i see from Emerson hyndman. If he puts on 15 pounds he's gonna be a beast #USMNT
- Oscar Villalobos@mistafuntasticEmerson Hyndman you are a MONSTER!!! #COLvUSA
- Caught Offside@COsoccerpodHyndman drives the team up the field. Great relief from the pressure. #COLvUSA
- Jason Longshore@LongshoeHope Herzog took full advantage of that coaching opportunity during water break... #COLvUSA
- Massive317@Massive317Thought Morris was fouled, but overall ref has been solid IMO. Kept players emotions in check, good job keeping control of the game #COLvUSA
- 73'Juan Pablo NietoMAndrés Roa
- 72'F#17Jerome KiesewetterFMario Rodriguez
- Buffalo COYS@BuffaloCOYSWoof Matt Miazga that clearance… #COLvUSA
- Kyle McCarthy@kylejmccarthyPretty miserable day for Acosta just turned into a horror show. Tough way to give away penalty after 65 minutes of hard work. #USMNT
- Matthew Doyle@MLSAnalyst100% a penalty. Can't put your arm on a forward's shoulder like that - just ask Jose Goncalves. #COLvUSA
- 68'1 - 1M#20GOAL: Juan Quintero (PK)
- 67'D#10Kellyn Acosta (US Under-23 Men's National Team) is shown the yellow card.
- 67'FRafael Santos Borré (Colombia Under-23 Men's National Team) is shown the yellow card.
- Sal Cipriano@salciprianoJordan Morris with the absolute most un-American attempt at goal ever. Off the post, though. THIS KID IS THE FUTURE. #U23s
- 66'M#27Fatai AlasheMLuis Gil
- Matt Lichtenstadter@MattsMusings1If Jordan Morris scored that that may have been the best goal I've ever seen a #USMNT player score.
- Oscar Villalobos@mistafuntasticWHY THE POST!!!!!!!!!!!!! WHAT A SHOT BY MORRIS DAMN IT #COLvUSA
- Matthew Doyle@MLSAnalystThat would have been an outrageous goal from Morris. Outside of the boot from 22 yards... my goodness. #COLvUSA
- Brendan Hunt@theunlikelyfanMORRIS HITS THE CROSSBAR! COUNTER-ATTACKING IS FUN! #COLvUSA
- Aaron Cranford@akcranfordForgot Rodriguez was on the field for the U.S. He's had no impact since assisting the goal today. #USMNT
- Franco Panizo@FrancoPanizoNo need for nerves or anxiety right now. U-23 #USMNT is playing with house money. A 1-1 draw with an away goal is still a very good result.
- Daniel Leverton@DLev45Will Trapp has been the best U23 by far. #USMNT He looks ready for the next level.
- Justin Grover@DrJustinGroverHope everyone packed a lunch. Going to be a long half hour. #COLvUSA
- Jon Lee@JTLee03Somebody has got to help Morris out!! #USMNT
- Derek@Derek525Easily the most American 60 minutes of soccer I've ever seen. #COLvUSA
- 62'Rafael Santos BorréMAndrés Rentería
- Kyle McCarthy@kylejmccarthyFinal half-hour can't look like this for #USMNT U23s. Too deep. No outlet with Morris beneath center circle.
- Aaron Cranford@akcranfordTim Parker has been one of the best for the U.S. U-23 team today. Great work on the back line. #USMNT
- Jason Longshore@LongshoeUS completely out of gas at this point. Sub needed badly. #COLvUSA
- Michael Demko@MichaelDemkoWe are begging Colombia to score right now #COLvUSA
- Franco Panizo@FrancoPanizoU-23 #USMNT astutely wasting time when it has the chance. Know a lot of American fans hate that, but it's part of game U.S. needs to adopt.
- Franco Panizo@FrancoPanizoI'm fine with what U-23 #USMNT is doing so far. Defense isn't giving up a load of clear chances. Some more possession would be nice, though.
- Joey Gulino@JGulinoLAColombia inching closer. If the #USMNT U23s aren't careful one of these chances will be met with a nice finish and things will be level
- Jason Longshore@LongshoeGreat run by Polster, but that final ball was a complete waste. Can't give away possession so easily... #COLvUSA
- LA Is Our House@LAisOurHouseLook for Colombia to have same amount of poss in 2nd half. Dangerous time for US as steamy climes of Barranquilla will take toll. #COLvUSA
- Matthew Doyle@MLSAnalystView photo
- 32 Flags@32flagsHT: An encouraging half for the #USMNT U23's. Up 1-0 over Colombia but it will be tougher in 2nd half w/ heat and Colombia regrouping.
- Matt Lichtenstadter@MattsMusings1Colombia has 76% possession. And the U-23's are winning. Hahahahahahahahahahahahaha. #USMNT
- Straight Red@StraightRedPodJordan Morris is fast. #COLvUSA
- Freddie Shires@fshiresCody Cropper already balding at 23. Definitely a #USMNT GK in the making.
- Jason@gobiesaysThat sucks for Horvath. But it's best for him in the long run. #colvusa
- Jason Burak@jlburak#USMNT needs to keep some possession and allow Horvath time to clear out the cob webs. Wouldn't be surprised to see Cropper in 2nd half
- 45'GK#55Cody CropperGEthan Horvath
- 42'DMatt Miazga (US Under-23 Men's National Team) is shown the yellow card.
- LA Is Our House@LAisOurHouseColombia pressing hard but their final shot has been horrid. Lady Luck is currently a USA fan. #COLvUSA
- LA Is Our House@LAisOurHouseColombia sub in the 32nd min. Coach doesn't like what he sees if there a sub this early. Looking for offense. #COLvUSA
- Aaron Cranford@akcranfordThe midfield of Trapp, Polster, Hyndmann and Gil has been fantastic after 31+ minutes. Great showing from the U.S. #USMNT
- Brian Sciaretta@BrianSciarettaColombia starting to raise its game but the US defense is holding strong - for now #COLvUSA
- 50StarsSoccer@50StarsSoccerMan, I can't wait for the Yedlin-Miazga-Brooks-Acosta backline in 3 or 5 years. #USMNT
- 33'Jarlan BarreraMJosé Leudo
- Taylor Twellman@TaylorTwellmanImpressed with Herzog and his set up to get this U-23 team in a good structure to succeed. 4-3-2-1 has been spot on. #COLvUSA
- The Culture Vulture@TCultureVultureGil should have made it 2-0 . Colombia keeper is rattled. #USMNT
- Brett Orlob@BrettOrlobMorris looked sharp there. #USMNT
- John Bava III@LWOS_JB3Horvath -> Trapp -> Gil -> Rodriguez -> Gil. Hard to find a better personification of buildup play leading up to a goal than that. #USMNT
- Soccer Brothers@SoccerBrosPodGil close again! Come on boys! #USMNT
- Chris Citowicki@CitoChrisTalk about poor recovery runs by Colombian center mids. Just watched that happen. #colvusa
- LA Is Our House@LAisOurHouseColombia very close to leveling the score. Nobody can get to the ball as it flies by the goal. #COLvUSA
- Matthew Doyle@MLSAnalystI love Kelyn Acosta, but he never ever looks comfortable at fullback no matter how many times he's played there. #COLvUSA
- Joey Gulino@JGulinoLAThe early away goal has an added benefit bc Colombia wants to play fast in this heat. Now the #USMNT can slow down and play under control
- Franco Panizo@FrancoPanizoGreat stuff from Rodriguez and an alert run from Gil. U.S. could score a few if the Colombia back line keeps ball-watching like that. #USMNT
- Astroheader@AstroheaderGee whiz I was about to opine that the #USMNT look more rusty and frozen than the Titanic ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
- Arielle Castillo@ariellecOh hmmm what do you know, the son of a Mexican immigrant making America great #USMNT
- Sal Cipriano@salciprianoSomething from nothing. #U23s did will to take advantage of the one break they got so far in the opening minutes.
- Andy Edwards@AndyEdMLSGood lord, Luis Gil puts the #USMNT U-23s up right on 5 minutes, after absolutely nothing of substance before that.
- Jeremy Pond@JeremyPondLuis Gil! #USMNT U-23s lead ...
- Matthew Doyle@MLSAnalystBOOM! #COLvUSA
- 5'0 - 1MGOAL: Luis Gil
- John Bava III@LWOS_JB3The heat index is in the 100s and the #USMNT break out the black kits for this one. That cutting edge cooling fabric gonna be hard at work.
- Rachel Bonnetta@rachelbonnettaCaught a glimpse of those new #USMNT kits on the boys. Whaddya think? Me likey.
- Roderick MacNeil@rodmacneilScore a goal today. Don't get killed, but score a freaking goal. #COLvUSA
- JKH Medellin@JKH_MexicoView photo
Goals and Assists
Assisted By: Mario Rodriguez
|68'||Juan Quintero (PK)|
|67'||Rafael Santos Borré|
Reason: Unsporting Behavior
Reason: Time wasting
Reason: Unsporting Behavior
Rafael Santos Borré
Juan Pablo Nieto
CONCACAF Men's Olympic Qualifying at Metropolitano Roberto Meléndez
Connection Lost. Reconnecting...