San Jose Earthquakes 1, DC United 1 | 2016 MLS Match Recap
The San Jose Earthquakes were able to find some of that late Goonie magic once again, with Shea Salinas setting up Adam Jahn for a late equalizer to draw D.C. United, 1-1. That leaves United at five MLS games without a victory in 2016.
- 34' - DC - Patrick Nyarko (Lamar Neagle, Chris Rolfe)
- 88' - SJ - Adam Jahn (Shea Salinas)
- Full Box Score
- Watch Highlights
- WELCOME MR. JAHN: Adam Jahn hadn't played a minute in 2016 entering the game, but it only took him six to open his 2016 account. The target man was mostly used as a sub last season, coming on 26 times with only 9 starts. That was good for one goal in just over a 1,000 minutes. The goals-to-minutes ratio looks better this year.
- JUST CAN'T CATCH A BREAK: Tonight's draw is just the third time in D.C. United history that the club has been unable to get a win in its first five games. The other such instances were in 2003 and 2010. D.C. managed only 6 wins in 2010, but made the playoffs in 2003.
- CLASH OF THE TITANS: San Jose celebrated the 20th anniversary of the first MLS game tonight, a San Jose Clash-D.C. United tilt that took place at Spartan Stadium. Members of that 1996 Clash team were honored at halftime, and the San Jose Ultras had pregame and halftime tifos to mark the occasion.
They Said It
"We deserved at least a tie, if not more. In the first half we had a lot of chances we didn't put away. That's the way the game goes; I'm just glad we got one"
—Adam Jahn, San Jose Earthquakes
- SJ: Saturday at FC Dallas (9 pm ET, MLS Live)
- DC: Saturday vs Vancouver Whitecaps (5:30 pm ET, MLS Live)