HIGHLIGHTS: Colorado Rapids vs New York Red Bulls | April 16, 2016
The Colorado Rapids beat the New York Red Bulls 2-1 at a snowy Dick's Sporting Goods Park on Saturday night after kick-off was delayed nearly 30 minutes due to blizzard conditions.
Jermaine Jones, making his long-awaiting debut for the Rapids, played the hero with a goal and an assist. He opened the scoring in the 20th minute, slotting home a low cross from Mekeil Williams near the penalty spot, and then played provider for the winner, sliding a well weighted ball into the path of Dominique Badji in the 82nd.
The win is the Rapids' second in a week, while the Red Bulls extend their winless run to four games. New York did snap a 337-minute long scoring draught in the 60th minute, when Ronald Zubar headed home a Sacha Kljestan cross at the back post.
- SHOT: BWP slips by defense, pushes shot wide0:16
- GOAL: Jermaine Jones finds back of the net in Rapids debut0:54
- YELLOW CARD: Grella sees yellow0:49
- SAVE: Robles comes up big to deny Jones0:28
- SHOT: Marco Pappa nearly drives one in from distance0:23
- GOAL: Ronald Zubar fires a header into the bottom corner0:58
- SAVE: Zac Macmath comes off his line to deny Muyl0:23
- YELLOW CARD: Chris Duvall goes into the book0:43
- GOAL: Dominique Badji slots home winner0:54
- YELLOW CARD: Kemar Lawrence earns a yellow card0:37
- YELLOW CARD: Ronald Zubar is cautioned0:28
- OFF THE POST: Badji breakaway chance nearly doubles the lead0:19
- YELLOW CARD: Conor Doyle goes into the book.0:20