New England Revolution 2, Orlando City SC 2 | 2016 MLS Match Recap
After being picked as one of the favorites in the Eastern Conference, it hasn't been a good start for the New England Revolution. That held true on Saturday night as the Revolution drew with Orlando City SC 2-2.
Diego Fagundez scored the opener just seven minutes in, after he made a run into the box. After Fagundez briefly lost the ball, Lee Nguyen was able to Fagundez and the 21-year-old got his third of the season. Kevin Molino equalized in the 30th minute after an Adrian Winter cross eventualy found its way to the Trinidadian's foot.
Juan Agudelo looked to find the winner in the 71st minute off of a Kelyn Rowe cross but Orlando City wasn't done. Carlos Rivas found the equalizer for the Lions in the 90th minute, beating London Woodberry to the ball after a Cyle Larin cross.
- 7' - NE - Diego Fagundez (Lee Nguyen)
- 30' - ORL - Kevin Molino
- 71' - NE - Juan Agudelo (Kelyn Rowe, Lee Nguyen)
- 90' - ORL - Carlos Rivas
- Full box score
- Watch highlights
- LIONS SALVAGE POINT: The headline was written. Juan Agudelo comes off the bench and provides the winner for the struggling Revs. But Carlos Rivas had other thoughts. The Colombian Designated Player has played sparingly this season but at Gillette Stadium he provided the equalizer to help the Lions salvage a point on their two-game road trip. It was the 22-year-old's first MLS goal.
- REV-ERSAL OF FORTUNE: New England looked to stop their skid before Rivas' goal but they still sit on just one win heading into LA next weekend. Lee Nguyen has played well throughout the season but it seems like each week either their attack or defense has an off night.
- FULLBACK ISSUES: The Revs have been forced to play without Chris Tierney the past two games as Donnie Smith has filled in admirably. Right back Je-Vaughn Watson also went done with an injury in the 75th minute and that proved to be inauspicious. London Woodberry replaced the Jamaican international in the lineup and the former FC Dallas homegrown was beaten to the ball on the equalizer.
- NE: Sunday at LA Galaxy (3:30 pm ET, ESPN)
- ORL: Friday vs. New York Red Bulls (7 pm ET, UniMás)