Toronto FC vs. FC Dallas | MLS Match Preview
TORONTO FC vs. FC DALLAS
BMO Field, Toronto, Ontario
MAY 7, 2016 (WEEK 10, MLS GAME #90)
7:30 pm ET (TSN4, TXA-21, MLS LIVE)
After two months of wandering, Toronto FC are finally ready to make their 2016 home bow, when they face FC Dallas at newly renovated BMO Field on Saturday evening. TFC came away from their eight-game road swing with a record-tying 11 points, ending the run in a 2-1 defeat at the Portland Timbers last Sunday afternoon. FCD have started a three-game road swing with a pair of heavy defeats, a 3-0 loss at Vancouver followed by a 4-0 reversal at the New York Red Bulls last Saturday evening.
- Sebastian Giovinco set up Will Johnson for the lone Toronto FC goal, but they concluded their season-opening eight-game road swing in a 2-1 defeat at the Portland Timbers on Sunday afternoon. TFC has scored nine goals, Giovinco has played a part in each one (six goals, three assists). TFC ended the trip with a 3-3-2 record and 11 points, equaling the best record by a team starting a season with a lengthy road spell in MLS history.
- FC Dallas suffered a second consecutive heavy defeat, dropping a 4-0 decision at the New York Red Bulls on Friday evening. FC Dallas have conceded 17 goals this season; 12 have come in their three losses (0-5 vs. Houston; 0-3 vs. Vancouver; 0-4 vs. Red Bulls).
- FC Dallas won the lone meeting between the teams a year ago, a 3-2 victory April 18 at Toyota Stadium. In league play, FC Dallas have not lost to Toronto FC since 2007 – the first meeting ever between the clubs. FCD has won eight of the 13 regular-season encounters since, with five draws, including a 6-0-2 record all-time in Frisco.
REFEREE: Jorge Gonzalez. AR1 (bench): Peter Manikowski; AR2 (opposite): Gianni Facchini; 4th: Geoff Gamble
MLS Career: 129 games; FC/gm: 25.3; Y/gm: 3.4; R: 40; pens: 32
SUSPENDED NEXT YELLOW CARD: none
SUSPENDED AFTER TWO YELLOW CARDS: TOR: Justin Morrow … DAL: Maynor Figueroa, Atiba Harris, Walker Zimmerman
DISABLED LIST: none
INTERNATIONAL ABSENCES: none
ALL-TIME (14 meetings): Toronto FC 1 win, 16 goals … FC Dallas 8 wins, 22 goals … Ties 5
AT TORONTO (6 meetings): Toronto FC 1 win, 8 goals … FC Dallas 2 wins, 7 goals … Ties 3
LAST YEAR (MLS):
4/18: DAL 3, TOR 2 (Castillo 1, 10; Blas Perez 27 – Giovinco 83, 89)
- This is the only league meeting between the teams this season.
- FC Dallas won the lone meeting between the teams a year ago, a 3-2 victory April 18 at Toyota Stadium.
- In league play, FC Dallas have not lost to Toronto FC since 2007 – the first meeting ever between the clubs. FCD has won eight of the 13 regular-season encounters since, with five draws, including a 6-0-2 record all-time in Frisco.
- The teams are meeting at BMO Field for the first time since 2013. FC Dallas have won on two of their last five Coaches record: Greg Vanney vs. DAL: P1 W0 L1 D0 … Oscar Pareja vs. TOR: P4 W3 L1 D0