Colorado Rapids 2, Chicago Fire 1 | 2016 MLS Match Recap
It hasn't always been pretty but the Colorado Rapids got the job done at home again, beating the Chicago Fire 2-1.
- 57' - COL - Kevin Doyle (Dillon Powers)
- 81' - CHI - Joey Calistri (Rodrigo Ramos, David Accam)
- 89' - COL - Marco Pappa (Sam Cronin)
- Full box score
- Watch highlights
- CAN'T BE BEAT: The Rapids have four 1-0 wins at Dick's Sporting Goods Park this season and looked to be on their way to a fifth before Joey Calistri buried one for the Fire. But as has been the case in many games this season, the Rapids showed plenty of fight and got a little bit of luck. The Rapids have dropped just two points in eight home games so far this year.
- CLOSE BUT NOT QUITE: Veljko Paunovic and the Chicago Fire have sat at the bottom of the table for most of the season. They looked to have a bright spot, scoring a late equalizer against the Supporters' Shield leaders, but it was not to be. To be fair, they can't complain to much after taking just six shots and getting two on target.
- DOYLE RESPONDS: It wasn't the highest quality of goals but that's not going to matter to Kevin Doyle. After being left off the Ireland roster for the Euros, Doyle got a goal that he was sure to be seeking. Could we see a Landon Donovan-esque run in the second half of the season?
- COL: Wednesday at LA Galaxy (10:30 pm ET, MLS LIVE)
- CHI: Wednesday at Philadelphia (7 pm ET, MLS LIVE)