Orlando City SC vs. San Jose Earthquakes | 2016 MLS Match Preview
ORLANDO CITY SC VS. SAN JOSE EARTHQUAKES
CAMPING WORLD STADIUM, Orlando, Florida
June 18, 2016 (WEEK 15, MLS GAME #143)
7:30 p.m. ET (MLS LIVE, CSN-CA, TV27)
A pair of clubs in the thick of the chase for playoff positions meet in an interconference matchup when Orlando City SC play host to the San Jose Earthquakes on Saturday evening at Camping World Stadium. City extended their undefeated run to three games in their last league contest, a 2-2 draw at New York City FC. The Quakes are coming off back-to-back attacking shutouts, dropping a 1-0 decision at the Portland Timbers in their last league game.
- Orlando City reached a second successive draw in extending their undefeated run to three games in their last match, a 2-2 draw with New York City FC on May 29 at Yankee Stadium. Kevin Molino scored a goal – his second consecutive game with a tally – and added an assist.
- The Quakes were shut out at the attacking end for a second consecutive league match in their last contest, a 1-0 loss to the Portland Timbers on June 1 at Providence Park, extending their win-less run to three games.
- The teams met once last season in Orlando City’s inaugural season, reaching a 1-1 draw at Levi’s Stadium in Santa Clara on May 24.
REFEREE: Robert Sibiga. AR1 (bench): Kermit Quisenberry; AR2 (opposite): Danny Thornberry; 4th: Ted Unkel
MLS Career: 9 games; FC/gm: 23.8; Y/gm: 3.1; R: 3; pens: 2
SUSPENDED NEXT YELLOW CARD: ORL: Carlos Rivas, Brek Shea, Seb Hines -- SJ: Anibal Godoy
SUSPENDED AFTER TWO YELLOW CARDS: SJ: Fatai Alashe
DISABLED LIST: none
INTERNATIONAL ABSENCES: SJ: Chris Wondolowski (USA; Copa America); Kip Colvey (New Zealand; OFC Nations Cup)
ALL-TIME (1 meeting): Orlando City 0 wins, 1 goal -- Earthquakes 0 wins, 1 goal -- Ties 1
AT ORLANDO: First meeting.
LAST YEAR (MLS):
5/24: SJ 1, ORL 1 (Wondolowski 68 - Kaka 64)
- This is the only league meeting between the teams this season.
- Coaches record: Dominic Kinnear vs. ORL: P1 W0 L0 T1 -- Adrian Heath vs. SJ: P1 W0 L0 T1