Real Salt Lake 2, New York Red Bulls 1 | 2016 MLS Match Recap
Jordan Allen scored the late deflected winner as Real Salt Lake rallied from an early deficit to beat the New York Red Bulls, 2-1, at Rio Tinto Stadium Wednesday night.
The Red Bulls ended the match with 10 men after a controversial red card issued to Aurelien Collin in the 90th minute.
- 7’ – NY – Gideon Baah (Sean Davis)
- 65’ – RSL – Yura Movsisyan (John Stertzer)
- 87’ – RSL – Jordan Allen (Tony Beltran)
- Full box score
- Watch highlights
1. HOME SWEET HOME: It wasn’t easy, but Real Salt Lake kept their undefeated streak at Rio Tinto intact, scoring twice in the final 25 minutes to knock off the previously red-hot Red Bulls. RSL are one of six MLS teams still unbeaten at home.
2. RED BULLS COOL OFF: In the second game of three in a span of six days, the Red Bulls continued maintain its mojo and saw their four-match winning streak snapped in dramatic fashion. It is New York’s first loss since a May 13 defeat at D.C. United.
3. COLLIN SEES RED. No one at Rio Tinto is complaining, but was the straight red card to Aurelien Collin a bit dubious? It appeared that his slide tackle of Joao Plata was clean and it came after Davis was already whistled for a foul.