FC Dallas vs. Chicago Fire | 2016 MLS Match Preview
FC DALLAS vs. CHICAGO FIRE
TOYOTA STADIUM • Frisco, Tex.
July 16, 2016 • Week 19 • MLS Game #191
9 pm ET (MLS LIVE)
FC Dallas and the Chicago Fire face off in the only Brimstone Cup meeting of the season when the clubs clash Saturday evening at Toyota Stadium. FC Dallas enter the match sitting atop the Western Conference, despite seeing a three-game winning run put to an end in a 5-0 defeat at Seattle Sounders FC at midweek. The Fire pulled off the bottom of the Eastern Conference at midweek with a 1-0 home win against Sporting Kansas City, heading to Frisco still looking for a first road win in two years.
- FC Dallas won their third consecutive game in their 1-0 win at the San Jose Earthquakes on Friday evening, matching their longest winning streak of the season. FCD has lost just once in league play since May 11, with a 6-1-2 record over that time.
- The Fire have won the last four meetings between the teams, over the last four seasons, following a 2-0 win last Aug. 2 at Toyota Park. The Fire victories – three of those in Bridgeview – have secured the Brimstone Cup for the Fire – awarded by the two supporters’ clubs of the two teams so named when it matched the Fire and the Burn. Dallas had won the season series between the clubs every year from 2001-11.
- The Fire have won the last three meetings at Toyota Park. When the Fire started their current series winning streak at Toyota Park in 2012, it was the club’s first win ever in the series in Bridgeview, their last previous home win coming in 2005. It was also the first for the Fire in the all-time series since 2009.
REFEREE: Baldomero Toledo. AR1 (bench): Kevin Klinger; AR2 (opposite): Chris Strickland; 4th: Edvin Jurisevic
MLS Career: 215 games; FC/gm: 24.9; Y/gm: 3.4; R: 73; pens: 76
SUSPENDED: DAL: Maynor Figueroa (through July 17)
SUSPENDED NEXT YELLOW CARD: DAL: Atiba Harris
SUSPENDED AFTER TWO YELLOW CARDS: DAL: Maynor Figueroa, Walker Zimmerman -- CHI: Joao Meira
DISABLED LIST: none
INTERNATIONAL ABSENCES: none
ALL-TIME (39 meetings): FC Dallas 20 wins (2 shootout), 70 goals -- Fire 15 wins (1 shootout), 61 goals -- Ties 4
AT DALLAS (18 meetings): FC Dallas 12 wins (1 shootout), 40 goals -- Fire 4 wins (0 shootout), 25 goals -- Ties 2
LAST YEAR (MLS):
8/2: CHI 2, DAL 0 (Accam 4; Maloney 85)
- This is the only league meeting between the teams this season.
- Coaches record: Veljko Paunovic vs. DAL: first game -- Oscar Pareja vs. CHI: P4 W1 L3 D0