FC Dallas 2, Sporting Kansas City 2 | 2016 MLS Match Recap
FC Dallas' club-record unbeaten streak goes on, and so does Sporting Kansas City's long winless run on the road. Things could have gone worse for the visitors and better for the home side, though.
A bang-bang second-half brace from Dom Dwyer, who scored twice in a five-minute span, had Sporting poised to snap a run of 10 straight away matches without a victory in league play. Then a defensive lapse in the 76th minute allowed Maxi Urruti to bike in the equalizer and salvage a 2-2 draw that extended the Supporters Shield leaders' unbeaten home string to 18.
- 66' – FCD – Tesho Akindele (Atiba Harris, Carlos Gruezo)
- 68' – SKC – Dom Dwyer (Brad Davis)
- 73' – SKC – Dom Dwyer
- 76 – FCD – Maxi Urruti
- Complete Box Score
- Watch Highlights
- SUDDEN IMPACT: Tesho Akindele didn't waste any time getting his name on the scoresheet, after coming on for Getterson shortly after the hour mark. Akindele took the pitch in the 62nd minute, the home side's first substitution of the night – and nodded home Dallas' first goal of the night just two minutes later.
- TWO FOR THE ROAD: Dom Dwyer has a club-high 12 goals and three braces for Sporting this season, two of those away from home – but those three multi-goal performances have yielded only five total points. Both of Dwyer's two-goal games on the road have come in 2-2 draws, the first at Montreal on June 25.
- TRAVELIN' MEN: Sporting's players arrived in Dallas on Saturday, after storms in the Dallas area on Friday forced the cancellation of their scheduled travel plans. Now, some of them will be headed on to Trinidad and Tobago, for Tuesday night's CONCACAF Champions League opener against Central FC. The rest of the CCL squad will be made up of call-ups from USL side Swope Park Rangers, who will travel directly from Kansas City.