Montreal Impact vs. Orlando City SC | 2016 MLS Match Preview
MONTREAL IMPACT vs. ORLANDO CITY SC
Stade Saputo | Montreal, Quebec
Wednesday, September 7 | Week #27 | MLS Game #271
7:30 pm ET (TSN5, MLS LIVE, TVA Sports, TV27)
A crucial match right at the red line in the Eastern Conference is ahead when the Montréal Impact play host to Orlando City SC on Wednesday evening at Stade Saputo. The Impact put an end to a three-game winless run in dramatic fashion last time out, gaining a 1-0 win at arch-rivals Toronto FC, leaving them in fifth place in the Eastern Conference. Orlando City sit just a point out of the top six playoff positions in the conference, snapping a four-game winless run in their last match, a 2-1 rivalry win against expansion classmate New York City FC at Camping World Stadium.
- The teams are meeting for the second time this season. Cyle Larin scored a goal late in each half as Orlando City overcame an early Ignacio Piatti strike for a 2-1 win May 21 at Camping World Stadium.
- The teams met three times in Orlando City SC’s inaugural season, evenly splitting the season series. Each team won once at home, the Impact taking a 2-0 victory June 20 at Stade Saputo, and Orlando City responding with a 2-1 win in Orlando. The teams reached a 2-2 draw in their first meeting, March 14 at Olympic Stadium.
- Coaches record: Mauro Biello vs. ORL: P2 W0 L2 T0 … Jason Kreis vs. MTL: P5 W3 L2 T0
REFEREE: Ricardo Salazar. AR1 (bench): Joe Fletcher; AR2 (opposite): Daniel Belleau; 4th: Silviu Petrescu
MLS Career: 225 games; FC/gm: 26.5; Y/gm: 2.8; R: 64; pens: 76
SUSPENDED NEXT YELLOW CARD: MTL: Didier Drogba, Lucas Ontivero … ORL: David Mateos
SUSPENDED AFTER TWO YELLOW CARDS: MTL: Hernan Bernardello … ORL: Carlos Rivas, Seb Hines, Brek Shea
DISABLED LIST: none
INTERNATIONAL ABSENCES: none
ALL-TIME (4 meetings): Impact 1 win, 6 goals … Orlando City 2 wins, 6 goals … Ties 1
AT MONTREAL (2 meetings): Impact 1 win, 4 goals … Orlando City 0 wins, 2 goals … Ties 1
FUTURE MATCH: 10/2: Orlando City SC vs. Montreal Impact, 1 p.m. ET (ESPN1)
LAST MEETING (MLS)
5/21: ORL 2, MTL 1 (Larin 43, 87 – Piatti 4)
- The Impact opened the scoring after just three minutes, when Ignacio Piatti finishing off a fine buildup by slotting home from inside the area.
- But Orlando City equalized two minutes before the halftime break when Kaká sent in a free kick service from the left and Cyle Larin headed home from the heart of the box.
- The winner finally came in the 87th minute following some great combination play between Kaká and Julio Baptista, and Larin was there to sidefoot home from close range to seal the victory.
- ORLANDO CITY SC (4-2-3-1): Joseph Bendik - Rafael Ramos (Kevin Alston 34), Seb Hines (Tommy Redding 40), David Mateos, Brek Shea - Cristian Higuita, Servando Carrasco - Adrian Winter (Julio Baptista 75), Kaka, Carlos Rivas - Cyle Larin.
- MONTREAL IMPACT (4-2-3-1): Evan Bush - Hassoun Camara (Maxim Tissot 86), Wandrille Lefevre, Laurent Ciman, Ambroise Oyongo - Lucas Ontivero (Harry Shipp 66), Marco Donadel - Kyle Bekker, Johan Venegas (Michael Salazar 79), Ignacio Piatti - Dominic Oduro.