Seattle Sounders vs. Houston Dynamo | 2016 MLS Match Preview
SEATTLE SOUNDERS vs. HOUSTON DYNAMO
CenturyLink Field | Seattle, Washington
Wednesday, Oct. 12 | Week #32 | MLS Game #317
10:30 pm ET (MLS LIVE, JOEtv, ROOT Sports SW)
A critical match in the Western Conference playoff picture is ahead when Seattle Sounders FC play host to the Houston Dynamo on Wednesday evening at CenturyLink Field. Sounders FC come into the match riding a four-game winning streak which has put them on the verge of clinching a place in the Audi 2016 MLS Cup Playoffs, returning home after a 2-1 win against Vancouver Whitecaps FC last time out. The Dynamo hit the road after a second consecutive defeat, now officially eliminated from playoff consideration after a 3-2 home loss to the Colorado Rapids last weekend.
- Sounders FC won their fourth consecutive game – their longest winning streak since the 2014 season, and one game shy of the club’s record in its MLS history – with a 2-1 win at Vancouver Whitecaps FC on Oct. 2.
- Mauro Manotas scored a pair of goals, but the Dynamo were officially eliminated from playoff contention following their second consecutive defeat in a 3-2 loss to the Colorado Rapids on Saturday at BBVA Compass Stadium. Manotas has six goals this season, all coming in the last five matches – he has scored the last five goals the Dynamo have scored.
- The teams are meeting for the third time this season, having drawn the first two with 1-1 scorelines, both at BBVA Compass Stadium. Sounders FC scored the equalizing goal deep in stoppage time in each contest, Chad Marshall’s goal canceling out a Giles Barnes strike on April 10, and Nicolas Lodeiro netting in the 94th minute to answer a late Andrew Wenger goal on Aug. 24.
- Sounders FC have never lost to the Dynamo in Seattle. In six league meetings all-time, Sounders FC have won five, with one draw, outscoring Houston 10-2, following their 1-0 win last April 4 at CenturyLink Field. Sounders FC also won a U.S. Open Cup match at home vs. Houston; the teams played a scoreless draw in Seattle in the 2009 MLS Cup Playoffs.
- The Dynamo have never lost to Sounders FC in Houston. In seven meetings all-time there, the Dynamo have won three, with four draws. The Dynamo also won a game in the 2009 MLS Cup Playoffs.
REFEREE: Drew Fischer. AR1 (bench): Jeremy Hanson; AR2 (opposite): Cameron Blanchard; 4th: Allen Chapman
MLS Career: 63 games; FC/gm: 26.7; Y/gm: 3.1; R: 7; pens: 16
SUSPENDED: SEA: Brad Evans (through Oct. 13) … HOU: Alex (caution accumulation; through Oct. 13)
SUSPENDED NEXT YELLOW CARD: SEA: Osvaldo Alonso
SUSPENDED AFTER TWO YELLOW CARDS: SEA: Andreas Ivanschitz, Nelson Haedo Valdez, Joevin Jones
DISABLED LIST: none
INTERNATIONAL ABSENCES: none
ALL-TIME (13 meetings): Sounders FC 5 wins, 17 goals … Dynamo 3 wins, 14 goals … Ties 5
AT SEATTLE (6 meetings): Sounders FC 5 wins, 10 goals … Dynamo 0 wins, 2 goals … Ties 1
4/10: HOU 1, SEA 1 (Barnes 35 - Marshall 94+)
8/24: HOU 1, SEA 1 (Wenger 75 - Lodeiro 94+)
Coaches record: Wade Barrett vs. SEA: P1 W0 L0 T1 … Brian Schmetzer vs. HOU: P1 W0 L0 T1