Real Salt Lake 0, FC Dallas 3 | 2017 MLS Match Recap
A third-minute penalty kick by FC Dallas' Maximiliano Urruti put depleted Real Salt Lake on their heels early, and visiting Dallas remained MLS's only unbeaten side with a 3-0 victory over the hosts at Rio Tinto Stadium.
Urruti converted in the third minute after RSL's Demar Phillips was called for a handball in the box, and Dallas doubled their lead in the 67th minute on a header by Matt Hedges off a Kellyn Acosta corner. Urruti added his second of the match in stoppage time.
- 3' – DAL – Maximiliano Urruti (PK) Watch
- 67' – DAL – Matt Hedges Watch
- 90+1' – DAL – Maximiliano Urruti Watch
- FAST START: A penalty call against you in the second minute is a tough way to start any game and Real Salt Lake found themselves chasing the game from the third minute on. The home side certainly regained their composure and fought back, and even had the bulk of possession, but they never could catch up.
- SHADOW LINEUP: With No. 1 goalkeeper Nick Rimando out and the defense missing bodies due to injury and suspension, as well as MF Kyle Beckerman being unavailable and Joao Plata not in the starting lineup after being disciplined early in the week for being late to practice, Real Salt Lake hardly looked like themselves. Against the league's only undefeated team, that was a tall order.
- WELCOME BACK: After 10 seasons with RSL, Javier Morales signed with FC Dallas as a free agent in the offseason, and this was his first trip to Rio Tinto Stadium as a visiting player. The all-time leader in assists for RSL never got into the game, however. So much for sentiment on the part of Dallas coach Oscar Pareja.