FC Dallas 6, Real Salt Lake 2 | 2017 MLS Match Recap
FC Dallas wrote a little bit of history, becoming the first team in MLS history to score five goals in the first half of a game. Then they rode that hot start to a 6-2 thrashing of visiting Real Salt Lake Saturday night at Toyota Stadium.
Roland Lamah had a natural hat trick, scoring the first three goals for FC Dallas, and Maxi Urruti and Tesho Akindele stretched the lead to 5-0 by half-time. Real Salt Lake got a couple goals back in the second half, from Omar Holness and Kyle Beckerman, before 16-year-old Jesus Ferreira scored off the bench in his MLS debut for FCD.
- 8' – DAL – Roland Lamah Watch
- 22' – DAL – Roland Lamah Watch
- 31' – DAL – Roland Lamah Watch
- 39' – DAL – Maximiliano Urruti Watch
- 43' – DAL – Tesho Akindele Watch
- 70' – RSL – Omar Holness Watch
- 72' – RSL – Kyle Beckerman Watch
- 89' – DAL – Jesus Ferreira Watch
- ONCE HE GOT GOING, HE DIDN'T STOP: Sometimes, the ball finds you. Roland Lamah had scored just one goal in 11 starts before getting goal No. 2 on the season on a simple finish off a nice diagonal pass from Michael Barrios. And then he scored again, and again. And now with four goals, he is now second on the team in scoring (behind Maxi Urruti).
- DREAM DEBUT: Jesus Ferreira made his MLS debut and scored a pretty goal in his first game. The Homegrown signing showed a great touch on a ball played into him by Michael Barrios (three assists). With that touch, and a clinical finish, it was a true goalscorer's goal for the 16-year-old. He left the impression he'll score a few more goals before he's done.
- LONG NIGHT: RSL goalkeeper Matt Van Oekel made five saves, or else things could have been even worse for Real Salt Lake. He probably deserved better.
- DAL: Saturday, June 10 – at Portland (10:30 pm ET | MLS LIVE)
- RSL: Wednesday, June 14 – at Sacramento (U.S. Open Cup, 10:30 pm ET)