FC Dallas 4, DC United 2 | 2017 MLS Match Recap
Ian Harkes and Deshorn Brown scored for D.C. United, which remains at the bottom of the Eastern Conference table going into the CONCACAF Gold Cup break. FC Dallas moved into a tie atop the West standings at 31 points with Sporting Kansas City, with a game in hand.
- FIFTEEN MINUTES OF FURY: FC Dallas was hardly fazed by an early goal for D.C. United to give the visiting side an early lead. Dallas, which had already established dominance with chances and possession, scored twice in the last five-plus minutes of the first half and twice more in the first 10 of the second. It is now unbeaten over a six-match span in all competitions, and Tuesday won without key players Kellyn Acosta, Maynor Figueroa and Matt Hedges, all who have left the team for the Gold Cup.
- GOAL CRAZY: Travis Worra did what he could in goal for D.C. United, but got little help from his defense and was under siege often. Still, the absence of No. 1 netminder Bill Hamid (Gold Cup call-up) was glaring, given four goals allowed. Worra made his third start of the season.
- OOH-LAMAH!: Lamah is on a scoring tear, with seven goals since June 1. So, seven of his eight goals on the season have come in the past 35 days. His offseason signing has proven to be a quality one for FC Dallas, and Lamah is one reason the club is riding high atop the West standings.
- 30' - DCU - Ian Harkes | WATCH
- 41' - DAL - Atiba Harris | WATCH
- 45'+3' - DAL - Roland Lamah | WATCH
- 47' - DAL - Maximiliano Urruti | WATCH
- 55' - DAL - Lamah | WATCH
- 57' - DCU - Deshorn Brown | WATCH