Video Review: Xavier Kouassi foul reviewed for potential serious foul play
In the 82nd minute of the Week 23 match between the New England Revolution and Vancouver Whitecaps, referee Ismail Elfath ordered a Video Review for a potential red card for serious foul play on a foul committed by New England’s Xavier Kouassi on Vancouver’s Yordy Reyna.
Following the Video Review, Elfath upheld his original on-field decision not to show Kouassi any cards.
Although play had restarted following the Kouassi foul, the incident was still reviewable due to potential serious foul play. Instances of potential serious foul play or violent conduct are always subject to Video Review even after play has resumed following a restart.
For more information on Video Review and to watch reviews from previous matches, visit MLSsoccer.com/VideoReview.
- Teal Bunbury with a Shot on Target vs. Vancouver Whitecaps FC0:15
- Gershon Koffie with a Shot on Target vs. Vancouver Whitecaps FC0:11
- YELLOW: Andrew Jacobson is carded for a late and heavy challenge0:48
- CHANCE: Teal Bunbury almost finishes a chance off a pass from Lee Nyugen0:20
- GOAL: Teal Bunbury's deft volley puts the Revs in front0:48
- CHANCE: Nicolas Mezquida shot from outside the box is saved0:21
- Lee Nguyen with a Direct Free Kick vs. Vancouver0:12
- YELLOW: Je-Vaughn is shown the yellow card for a bad foul.0:46
- CHANCE: Cristian Techera hits the crossbar from a direct free kick0:47
- Video Review: Foul reviewed for potential New England Revolution penalty2:36