Real Salt Lake 4, San Jose Earthquakes 0 | 2017 MLS Match Recap
Luis Silva continued his hot streak, striking the opening goal through Andrew Tarbell's legs after a great Albert Rusnak ball played into space on the right wing. After RSL had a second goal disallowed following a Video Review which showed a prior foul committed, the Quakes went down to 10 men when Anibal Godoy picked up a second yellow card for hands to the face.
- 29' - RSL - Luis Silva Watch
- 68' - RSL - Jefferson Savarino Watch
- 80' - RSL - Albert Rusnak Watch
- 90+3' - RSL - Yura Movsisyan Watch
- ON A SILVA PLATTER: Two things are true: RSL have won two of their last three, and Silva has scored in three straight games for the club. This comes after Silva waited until July to score his first goal of the year. With four different goal scorers on Wednesday, RSL showed what they can do with the combo of their forward finding form and midfield support.
- SUPER SUB: Movsisyan has had to adjust to an off-the-bench role this summer. While it may have been a garbage time goal following up off his own rebound, it showed Movsisyan wants to be a dangerous option off the bench. If RSL are to make the playoffs, his being a viable option to steal late goals could be a big part of that.
- ROAD WEARY: The Quakes have figured some things out at home, but trying to grab that last playoff spot is going to mean taking points where they can get it. Still without a road win under Chris Leitch, three of their next four games take place on the road, starting with the California Clasico against the LA Galaxy.