Video Review: Minnesota United FC penalty kick awarded, then overturned
In the 67th minute of the Week 27 match between Minnnesota United FC and the Philadelphia Union, referee Sorin Stoica ordered a Video Review of a penalty kick awarded to MNUFC.
The Video Review resulted in it being overturned due to a prior foul committed by Minnesota defender Michael Boxall on Philadelphia defender Oguchi Onyewu.
For more information on Video Review and to watch reviews from previous matches, visit MLSsoccer.com/VideoReview.
- GOAL: C.J. Sapong opens the scoring0:24
- CHANCE: Sam Nicholson's shot is tipped wide0:34
- CHANCE: C. J. Sapong nearly taps a Pontius shot0:33
- CHANCE: Chris Pontius rifles a shot from long0:41
- CHANCE: Fafa Picault hits a shot over the net0:28
- GOAL: Ethan Finlay cleans up to draw even0:41
- CHANCE: Sam Nicholson gets two chances off a free kick1:13
- YELLOW: Giliano Wijnaldum receives a yellow card0:59
- CHANCE: Haris Medunjanin cannons a shot wide0:35
- CHANCE: Sam Nicholson takes a shot after a bad clearance0:43
- YELLOW: Oguchi Onyewu gets a yellow card1:05
- YELLOW: Ilsinho is shown a yellow card1:36
- CHANCE: Abu Danladi can't put his shot on target0:23
- CHANCE: Sam Nicholson's shot isn't far wide0:43
- CHANCE: Haris Medunjanin's can't keep his shot down0:37
- CHANCE: Roland Alberg pulls the trigger from distance0:21
- CHANCE: Ibson's header is saved off a corner0:22
- CHANCE: Roland Alberg's shot is blocked from point blank0:33
- CHANCE: Roland Alberg's shot is close but wide0:40