Atlanta United penalty kick overturned after offside call
In the 6th minute of the Week 27 match between Atlanta United FC and FC Dallas, referee Mark Geiger ordered a Video Review after awarding a penalty kick to Atlanta United as a result of the foul committed by Jesse Gonzalez on Josef Martinez inside the penalty area.
Following Video Review it was determined that Martinez was in an offside position in the play leading up to the penalty call. After receiving this information from the VAR, Geiger overturned his original decision and the yellow card issued to Jesse Gonzalez as a result of the penalty call, and instead awarded a free kick to FC Dallas.
- YELLOW CARD: Carlos Gruezo receives an early yellow0:29
- GOAL: Leandro Gonzalez Pirez scores the first goal at Mercedes-Benz Stadium0:39
- SAVE: Jesse Gonzalez makes a point blank save0:23
- SAVE: Jesse Gonzalez makes the 1v1 save on Hector Villalba0:21
- BLOCK: Matt Hedges makes a huge block to prevent a goal0:26
- SAVE: Brad Guzan turns and protects the ball from the goal0:26
- CROSSBAR: Yamil Asad strikes the crossbar0:23
- SAVE: Brad Guzan gets his fingertips on the save0:21
- GOAL: Josef Martinez doubles Atlanta United FC's lead0:35
- YELLOW CARD: Leandro Gonzalez Pirez grabs a yellow card0:30
- CROSSBAR: Miguel Almiron's shot gets saved and goes off the crossbar0:30
- SAVE: Brad Guzan stretches to save Maxi Urruti's shot0:19
- GOAL: Greg Garza finishes off a beautiful goal for Atlanta United FC0:42