Video Review: Revs MF Xavier Kouassi sent off for foul on ATL's Yamil Asad
In the 15th minute of the Week 28 match between Atlanta United and the New England Revolution, referee Baldomero Toledo used Video Review to determine whether New England midfielder Xavier Kouassi committed an offense worthy of a straight red card.
Toledo whistled the foul by Kouassi on Atlanta’s Yamil Asad, but before the restart was taken Toledo ordered a Video Review. After watching the replays on the sideline monitor, Toledo determined that the foul by Kouassi constituted an instance of serious foul play, punishable by a red card, leaving the Revolution with 10 men.
For more information on Video Review and to view other instances of Video Review, visit MLSsoccer.com/VideoReview.
- GOAL: Josef Martinez blasts a wide-angle shot over Cody Cropper0:57
- YELLOW CARD: Andrew Farrell is shown a yellow card0:47
- YELLOW CARD: Gershon Koffie gets booked1:01
- RED CARD: Xavier Kouassi is sent off2:43
- YELLOW CARD: Leandro Gonzalez Pirez goes into the book1:47
- PK GOAL: Josef Martinez slots home the penalty for a brace0:39
- PK CALL: Je-Vaughn Watson whistled for hand ball in the area0:41
- PK GOAL: Josef Martinez gets a hat trick with his second converted penalty0:24
- Video Review: Atlanta awarded a penalty, Revs reduced to nine men2:56
- GOAL: Anton Walkes gets in on the fun with a close-range strike0:44
- SHOT: Chris McCann shot sails high0:40
- SAVE: Cody Cropper comes out to make a big save0:17
- SAVE: Cody Cropper punches away a rocket0:26
- GOAL: Kevin Kratz dips in a free kick to make it 5-00:31
- GOAL: Yamil Asad slides one past Cropper to make it six0:32
- GOAL: Hector Villalba taps in Atlanta's seventh0:24