Video Review: Referee overturns Houston Dynamo penalty kick decision
MLS saw the first ever Video Review in postseason history in the 30th minute of Leg 1 of the Western Conference Semifinal series between the Houston Dynamo and Portland Timbers.
Referee Robert Sibiga used Video Review to overturn a penalty kick he initially awarded for an alleged foul by Portland defender Larrys Mabiala on Houston forward Alberth Elis.Sibiga pointed to the penalty spot before calling for a Video Review and checking the replays himself. The referee opted to overturn his original decision after Video Review, ruling that Mabiala made a clean tackle on Elis in the box.
For more information on Video Review and to view other instances of Video Review, visit MLSsoccer.com/VideoReview.
- CHANCE: After a great pass, Darlington Nagbe's shot goes wide0:30
- CHANCE: The free header from Romell Quioto goes wide0:29
- YELLOW CARD: Alvas Powell gets a yellow for kicking the ball at Beasley0:25
- CHANCE: Mauro Manotas is off balance and his shot goes over the goal0:28
- YELLOW CARD: Larrys Mabiala receives the yellow card0:28
- SAVE: Diego Valeri fires but Tyler Deric gets the save0:30
- SAVE: Jeff Attinella just gets a hand on Philippe Senderos' header0:18
- SAVE: Jeff Attinella wins the 1v1 battle with Alberth Elis0:24
- SAVE: Tyler Deric gets a big save on Jeremy Ebobisse0:23
- BLOCK: Philippe Senderos gets in front of the close shot0:29