San Jose Earthquakes 1, New York City FC 2 | 2018 MLS Match Recap
The San Jose Earthquakes were off to a dream start after a very early goal by Yeferson Quintana. But not even the late injury scratch of David Villa could hold New York City FC back. It took until the second half for the NYCFC to figure it out, but the visitors silenced the San Jose crowd with goals from Anton Tinnerholm and Maxi Moralez to finish 2-1.
- 3' - SJ - Yeferson Quintana | Watch
- 49' - NYC - Anton Tinnerholm | Watch
- 60' - NYC - Maxi Moralez | Watch
- THE BIG PICTURE: New York City FC keep on rolling. In their five first matches of this MLS season, they remain undefeated, now winning four of them. They were without David Villa, who "felt something" during warm-ups.
- MOMENT OF THE MATCH: For about 45 minutes on Saturday, it looked like NYCFC's blemish-free start to the season could be at risk. But then Anton Tinnerholm stepped up and scored a crucial equalizer -- and in pretty impressive fashion too. Just take a look:
- MAN OF THE MATCH: NYCFC needed someone to help change the complexion of the match, but what they ended up with was a guy who stood on his head. Sean Johnson made a stunning nine saves to keep the score at 2-1.