LA Galaxy 2, New York Red Bulls 3 | 2018 MLS Match Recap
Following the halftime break, Florian Valot came off the bench and scored a few minutes later, in a play that mirrored New York's first goal on the night, with Wright-Phillips' low cross being slotted in by the Frenchman.
But LA battled back, as they found their first foothold on the night just before the hour mark, with Zlatan Ibrahimovic sending a terrific pass into the box to Ola Kamara, who stretched to push it into the net. They completed the comeback to tie up the game several minutes later, as Giovani dos Santos tallied his first goal of the season off a corner kick.
- 7' – RBNY – Daniel Royer | WATCH
- 49' – RBNY – Florian Valot | WATCH
- 59' – LA – Ola Kamara | WATCH
- 66' – LA – Giovani dos Santos | WATCH
- 84' – RBNY – Kaku (PK) | WATCH
- THE BIG PICTURE: Not always the most flowing soccer, it was nonetheless entertaining and full of goals on both sides. The Galaxy will likely feel hard done by in having an Ibrahimovic goal chalked off for a very tight offside call as well as the late handball call. But the Red Bulls emerge with three points, shaking off the home loss they took last week.
- MOMENT OF THE MATCH: Ibrahimovic would have had the go-ahead goal before the Red Bulls' penalty with his goal that was waived off in the 78th minute, and the narrow call left the door open for New York to grab the lead for good.
Oof. Glad I'm not making that call but I THINK (given camera angles and timing etc) that he may have gotten that one right actually. pic.twitter.com/vj2cSFVmrm— Total MLS (@TotalMLS) April 29, 2018
- MAN OF THE MATCH: Wright-Phillips didn't score a goal, but was influential nonetheless, as he set up the two Red Bulls goals from the run of play, in a wide playmaking role he's featured in intermittently this season.