Vancouver Whitecaps FC 2, San Jose Earthquakes 2 | 2018 MLS Match Recap
The game was open and often featured end-to-end chances, and while each team had the lead for a time, neither side could find a permanent winner.
San Jose scored a go-ahead goal in the opening minutes following the restart, as Nick Lima stroked a shot from the corner of the box that Rowe could not reach. But Reyna tied up the game shortly after the hour mark, as his header off a lobbed cross deflected off Shea Salinas on its way into the net.
- 19' – VAN – Cristian Techera | WATCH
- 45+1' – SJ – Danny Hoesen | WATCH
- 53' – SJ – Nick Lima | WATCH
- 64' – VAN – Yordy Reyna | WATCH
- THE BIG PICTURE: Both teams could have really used a win, to be honest, but the result was fair for a decent performance for both sides. On the other hand, picking up any points in a double-game week, with both teams playing this weekend, means it's decent if they can get more points in the coming days.
- MOMENT OF THE MATCH: Aesthetically it would have been a worthy winner, although it wasn't meant to be, but Lima's goal was pure class.
- MAN OF THE MATCH: Yordy Reyna had an assist and goal on the night, and showed why he's a player with so much promise in MLS, something the Whitecaps will look to tap into more going forward.