Toronto FC 2, Orlando City SC 1 | 2018 MLS Match Recap
About 10 minutes later, it appeared TFC went two goals ahead through Ricketts, but the goal was chalked off due to offside. Moments later, Orlando City tied up the game as Cristian Higuita stroked in a shot following a bit of a scramble in the box by Orlando.
But Toronto had the last laugh, as Telfer, getting his fourth start of the season after signing in April, scored his first MLS goal to win the game for the home side.
- 63' – TOR – Jay Chapman | WATCH
- 73' – ORL – Cristian Higuita | WATCH
- 73' – TOR – Ryan Telfer | WATCH
- THE BIG PICTURE: Toronto FC are determined to be in the reckoning for silverware again this year, and to do that they need wins like this one, at home before the summer grind really kicks off. Orlando will be disappointed they couldn't hold on for a road point, especially against such a reserve-heavy TFC side.
- MOMENT OF THE MATCH: The winning goal was impressive, so much so that most scorers can only dream of scoring a top-flight goal as good as that, much less a debut goal.
- MAN OF THE MATCH: Ryan Telfer had a night to remember. His volley from Auro's cross-field cross to open his MLS account and deliver the win was a lovely reward after he had been the most lively attacker on either side in the opening half. For the Toronto FC II product, who was born and raised in Ontario, alongside Chapman the local contingent played a big role in the victory.