FC Dallas 2, Los Angeles Football Club 1 | 2018 MLS Match Recap
Dallas defender Reto Ziegler notched his first MLS goal and gave FCD the lead in the first half. Ziegler headed in a stray ball indirectly off of a Dallas set piece just outside the box.
Early in the second half, forward Roland Lamah added a much-needed second goal for Dallas. The goal was his 16th at Toyota Stadium out of 17 career goals.
Heat was a huge factor in the match with temperatures reaching 97 degrees in Frisco, Texas. Two mandatory water breaks automatically added three minutes of stoppage time to both halves.
Yet it was hot heads causing friction in the waning minutes. With just stoppage time to go, Jordan Harvey received his second yellow card of the night, which gave Dallas a man advantage for the final five minutes of play.
- 27' – DAL – Reto Ziegler | WATCH
- 51' – DAL – Roland Lamah | WATCH
- 61' – LAFC – Adama Diomande | WATCH
- THE BIG PICTURE: With three straight wins, FC Dallas are heating up. Dallas is now officially in first place in the Western Conference just a step ahead of Sporting Kansas City. For LAFC the loss extends a short lull in wins after starting the season on a hot streak. LAFC needs to pick up a few more points before losing crucial players to World Cup duties.
- MOMENT OF THE MATCH: Lamah's goal in the 51st minute turned out to be crucial for Dallas.
- MAN OF THE MATCH: Ziegler gets his first MLS goal of the season and Man of the Match. His goal, created from a set piece play, was a refreshing change to Dallas' previews struggles on set pieces. The center back also provided much need support on defense while managing his own energy levels on a very hot Texas night.