Real Salt Lake 2, Seattle Sounders 0 | 2018 MLS Match Recap
The game was a feisty affair, filled with tackles and physical play, and few forays into the opposing 18-yard boxes. In fact, the Sounders did not post a shot on target in the game, adding to their attacking woes this season.
It took until the 57th minute for the first goal, as rookie Corey Baird continued his strong debut season with a headed goal off a rebound from a Stefan Frei save. From there, both teams pushed for another goal on the night, with RSL edging the Sounders in quality looks, capped off by Luis Silva scoring an open net goal from about 40 yards in second-half stoppage time to ice the win for the home side.
- 57' – RSL – Corey Baird | WATCH
- 90+1' – RSL – Luis Silva
- THE BIG PICTURE: Three wins in a week is no small feat in MLS, and RSL have vastly improved their standing in the Western Conference as a result. For the Sounders, it seems the World Cup break can't come soon enough to allow the players to heal up and regroup.
- MOMENT OF THE MATCH: It couldn't be anything else -- it was the second goal.
- MAN OF THE MATCH: Baird continues his impressive rookie campaign, with his fourth goal in eight appearances, capping off a very impressive week for RSL.
- RSL: U.S. Open Cup - Wednesday, June 6 vs. Sporting KC (10 pm ET)
- SEA: U.S. Open Cup - Wednesday, June 6 at Sacramento Republic FC (11 pm ET)