San Jose Earthquakes 3, Los Angeles Football Club 4 | 2018 MLS Match Recap
After Adama Diomande's 90th-minute goal tied it, Moutinho swerved a shot into the net in stoppage time just before the final whistle. LAFC won their fifth road game of the season.
Diomande also scored in the first half. Chris Wondolowski notched a brace with a pair of second-half goals for the Quakes, but San Jose are winless in five straight games with losses in four.
LAFC put an end to a four-match winless streak of their own in league play.
- 11' - SJ - Vako | WATCH
- 15' - LAFC - Adama Diomande | WATCH
- 19' - LAFC - Steven Beitashour | WATCH
- 52' - SJ - Chris Wondolowski | WATCH
- 63' - SJ - Chris Wondolowski | WATCH
- 90' - LAFC - Adama Diomande | WATCH
- 97' - LAFC - Joao Moutinho | WATCH
Bringing 3 points back to LOS ANGELES. pic.twitter.com/2fZLDYnw3x— LAFC (@LAFC) June 10, 2018
- THE BIG PICTURE: This was pure heartbreak for the Earthquakes, who could not close out LAFC with a win in their grasp. To lose when Wondo scored twice, Vako being a force on offense and at home won't be easily put behind them. As for LAFC, scoring a win in such dramatic fashion only increases the intrigue of an expansion team that won without some top players who are at the World Cup. It wasn't pretty on defense, but stealing three points on the road does wonders for confidence.
- MOMENT OF THE MATCH: Tyler Miller made a big save in the 39th minute for LAFC, robbing Vako, but the Moutinho goal at the end is the obvious choice. With a nice setup from Latif Blessing, Moutinho won it at the death with a left-footed shot through traffic.
- MAN OF THE MATCH: San Jose had two candidates and LAFC had one in Diomande, but Moutinho, with his first goal of the season, earns the honor.