Minnesota United FC 4, Toronto FC 3 | 2018 MLS Match Recap
Minnesota United FC snapped a three-game losing streak in league play in impressive fashion, as a hat trick from Darwin Quintero powered them to a 4-3 win over Toronto FC at TCF Bank Stadium on Wednesday.
Quintero started the scoring in spectacular fashion, with a shot from the outside of his foot that split two defenders closing on him, that sailed into the top corner of the goal. Five minutes later, Miguel Ibarra doubled the lead for Minnesota after receiving a ball over the top.
Justin Morrow got Toronto FC back in the game shortly before halftime, with a late run blasting a poor clearance into the net. But Quintero scored his second of the match shortly after the restart, and then hit yet another curling chip from the other side of the field five minutes later to cap a very impressive hat trick.
- 8' – MIN – Darwin Quintero | WATCH
- 13' – MIN – Miguel Ibarra | WATCH
- 42' – TOR – Justin Morrow | WATCH
- 52' – MIN – Darwin Quintero | WATCH
- 57' – MIN – Darwin Quintero | WATCH
- 70' – TOR – Sebastian Giovinco | WATCH
- 90+4' – TOR – Jordan Hamilton | WATCH
- THE BIG PICTURE: Both teams came into this needing to win, and the home side got some relief with three points. For TFC, the pressure continues to mount, and a second road game this week, against Sporting KC, is looming.
- MOMENT OF THE MATCH: The opening goal of the game is honestly one of the best you'll see.
- MAN OF THE MATCH: It can't be anyone else -- Quintero not only scored a hat trick, but he scored perhaps the most impressive hat trick you'll see, with a Goal of the Year contender to kick things off followed by two excellent chips from distance.