LA Galaxy 4, Columbus Crew SC 0 | 2018 MLS Match Recap
The Galaxy took the lead in the 42nd minute, against the run of play, as Ashley Cole made a run into the box and hit a low cross that was turned in by Ola Kamara. The lead appeared to be short lived, as Dave Romney turned the ball into his own net off the subsequent kickoff, but the own goal was chalked off as Gyasi Zardes was judged to have played the ball over the endline before the goal.
Zlatan Ibrahimovic was brought down in the Columbus box 10 minutes after halftime, and the Swede stepped up and buried the penalty kick. Then Romain Alessandrini, who came off the bench to replace an injured Kamara, scored to give the Galaxy a three-goal lead, before he capped off the scoring with his second goal in second-half stoppage time.
- 42' – LA – Ola Kamara | WATCH
- 56' – LA – Zlatan Ibrahimovic (PK) | WATCH
- 67' – LA – Romain Alessandrini | WATCH
- 90+3' – LA – Romain Alessandrini | WATCH
- THE BIG PICTURE: Getting a dominant win, especially after being second-best for most of the first half, is a boost for the Galaxy, especially after being pegged back the last two games. Crew SC, however, will be looking to get their mojo back after they failed to capitalize on their win last week.
- MOMENT OF THE MATCH: Kamara scored against his old team, and his goal turned the game around completely.
- MAN OF THE MATCH: Alessandrini has a shout, but the nod here goes to Jonathan dos Santos. The midfielder, back from World Cup duty with Mexico, helped stymie Columbus' midfield until the Galaxy attack found its footing, and he helped set up the opening goal.