Philadelphia Union 1, LA Galaxy 3 | 2018 MLS Match Recap
On Saturday night in front of a big Talen Energy Stadium that crowd that braved some nasty weather, Ibrahimovic had a goal and an assist to lead the Galaxy to a 3-1 come-from-behind win over the Philadelphia Union.
Ibrahimovic’s winner came in the 63rd minute, on a great cutback move and feed from halftime sub Romain Alessandrini, after the Swedish star set up the equalizer earlier in the half with a clever through ball to Ola Kamara.
Michael Ciani iced the win with an 82nd-minute goal as the Galaxy extended their unbeaten streak to seven and winning streak to three.
- 29' — PHI — CJ Sapong | WATCH
- 48' — LA — Ola Kamara | WATCH
- 63' — LA — Zlatan Ibrahimovic | WATCH
- 82' — LA — Michael Ciani | WATCH
- THE BIG PICTURE: For the second straight week, the Galaxy rallied from behind to win a game on the other side of the country — a good, sign, surely, looking ahead to the playoff race. The Union, meanwhile, lost for the first time in seven tries this season in which they held a lead.
- MOMENT OF THE MATCH: The winning goal was a thing of beauty as Ibrahimovic’s fantastic finish came after perfect balls from Jonathan dos Santos and Alessandrini.
- MAN OF THE MATCH: The fans who came to Talen Energy Stadium to see Zlatan were treated to a show. After not making the trip to New England last weekend, LA’s star attraction was active all night and could have another goal if not for a sparkling save from Andre Blake.