Seattle Sounders 5, LA Galaxy 0 | 2018 MLS Match Recap
Harry Shipp scored and had an assist as one of four Seattle Sounders goalscorers in a 5-0 rout of the shorthanded LA Galaxy on Saturday. The Sounders ran their winning streak to a club-record six games and tied a club record for largest regular season margin of victory.
Chad Marshall, Cristian Roldan and Raul Ruidiaz also scored for the Sounders, while Nicolas Lodeiro provided two assists. LA's Servando Carrasco knocked in an own goal early in the second half as the Galaxy tied their club record for largest margin of defeat.
- 3' - SEA - Chad Marshall | Watch
- 18' - SEA - Harry Shipp | Watch
- 50' - SEA - Servando Carrasco (OG) | Watch
- 59' - SEA - Cristian Roldan | Watch
- 67' - SEA - Raul Ruidiaz | Watch
- THE BIG PICTURE: The victory pushed Seattle above the playoff line for the first time this season, at least momentarily before Real Salt Lake played later on Saturday. Meanwhile, the Galaxy continue to struggle defensively, having conceded 16 of their 47 goals over their last six games.
Been waiting for this all season! Above the line ... now we need to keep it there!! Keep it going @SoundersFC #SEAvLA #soccer #mls #ravegreen #SounderforLife #abovetheline #6winsstraight pic.twitter.com/aPO8eFMMV9— EverRaveGreen (@EverRave) August 18, 2018
- MOMENT OF THE MATCH: If there was one sequence to personify this one-sided affair, it was goalkeeper David Bingham's misguided pass to Ashley Cole turning into a wide open chance and ultimately Shipp's third goal of the year.
- MAN OF THE MATCH: With Ruidiaz occupying defenders in a way other Sounders strikers haven't this season, Lodeiro took full advantage. In addition to his assists on goals by Marshall and Roldan, his work rounding the corner and his cross contributed to the early second-half own goal that effectively sealed Seattle's three points.