Philadelphia Union 1, Montreal Impact 4 | 2018 MLS Match Recap
Union center back Aston Trusty put the home side up early when he headed in a corner kick for his first career goal. The goal appeared to light up the Impact.
Ignacio Piatti sparked the first counter attack with Alejandro Silva sliding the equalizer past Andre Blake, and Saphir Taider gave the Impact the lead ten minutes later when he put away a rebound off a Quincy Amarikwa shot that Blake saved.
Montreal added two more after the break, with Amarikwa netting his first of the year and Silva finishing a brace to put the game away.
- 11' – PHI – Auston Trusty | WATCH
- 28' – MTL – Alejandro Silva | WATCH
- 39' – MTL – Saphir Taider | WATCH
- 63' – MTL – Qunicy Amarikwa | WATCH
- 78' – MTL – Alejandro Silva | WATCH
- THE BIG PICTURE: With the win, Montreal kept pace and remain above the playoff line – still in the sixth and final spot – but now only one point behind the Union. Philadelphia missed a chance to create some separation – and potentially even close in on Columbus in fourth place in the East, which would mean a playoff home game.
- MOMENT OF THE MATCH: Down a goal, on the road, Piatti and Silva combined to start the comeback with this counter and finish:
- MAN OF THE MATCH: Ignacio Piatti dictated the game offensively for the Impact, springing the counter-attacks and registering two assists. He won't get credit for another, but his hold up play and pass set up Amarakwa's goal, too.