LA Galaxy 3, Seattle Sounders 0 | 2018 MLS Match Recap
The teams, in opposing form in recent weeks, looked very different than they have in recent weeks in terms of their performances. In the end, LA, under interim manager Dom Kinnear, put in an assured performance to take a massive three points.
Ola Kamara drew a penalty from Brad Smith nine minutes in, and Zlatan Ibrahimovic stepped up to score the spot kick to give the Galaxy an early lead. Kamara then doubled the lead five minutes before halftime, as he tapped in Romain Alessandrini's low cross.
- 9' – LA – Zlatan Ibrahimovic (PK) | WATCH
- 40' – LA – Ola Kamara | WATCH
- 52' – LA – Emmanuel Boateng | WATCH
- THE BIG PICTURE: LA remain below the playoff line, but they move up a spot and this win keeps them within distance of the Sounders in the standings, with four games left to play. For Seattle, two losses this week after their historic nine-game winning streak means the good vibes have been extinguished rather quickly, although they still remain above the playoff line for now.
- MOMENT OF THE MATCH: The early penalty Smith conceded was foreshadowing for the rest of how the game would go for both sides.
- MAN OF THE MATCH: A goal and an assist for Ibrahimovic, two assists for Alessandrini, but the nod goes to Kamara, who earned the early penalty and followed it up with the insurance tally to deliver a vital win for LA.