Portland Timbers 2, Seattle Sounders 1 | 2018 MLS Cup Playoffs
- 10' - SEA - Raul Ruidiaz | WATCH
- 17' - POR - Jeremy Ebobisse | WATCH
- 29' - POR - Sebastian Blanco | WATCH
- THE BIG PICTURE: Seattle's job in the return leg could be made tougher on Thursday if Cristian Roldan and Chad Marshall aren't available. Roldan injured in the 31st minute and Marshall followed in the 40th, prompting this tweet from the club before halftime:
Head coach Brian Schmetzer offered an update after the match
Brian Schmetzer says it's not a ligament tear for Chad Marshall: "He's a tough kid. He'll be back." Said it's a hip flexor for Roldan but "he'll be fine too."— Ari Liljenwall (@AriLiljenwall) November 5, 2018
- MOMENT OF THE MATCH: Portland's go-ahead goal was a metaphor for what life has been like for the Timbers when things are going well this season: Valeri doing a lot of the hard work, and Blanco providing the sharpness to turn a medium-quality chance into a high-quality goal.
- MAN OF THE MATCH: Valeri provided the inch-perfect service for Ebobisse's equalizer and the motor leading to Blanco's winner. He twice nearly added a third for Portland in the second half, with a long-range effort saved by Stefan Frei and then a difficult first-time volley just over the bar.
- Western Conference Semifinal Leg 2
Thursday November 8 (10:30 pm ET)
Seattle Sounders vs. Portland Timbers