New York City FC 0, Montreal Impact 0 | 2019 MLS Match Recap
The Cityzens have now drawn all three home matches this season and have yet to win any of their first five. The Impact's defense stood strong despite Brazilian striker Heber's MLS debut for NYCFC, and despite Maximiliano Urruti receiving a red card in the 70th minute.
The hosts' best chance came in the 64th minute when Ismael Tajouri-Shradi appeared to score off Valentin Castellanos' flick on to give NYCFC the lead, but Tajouri-Shradi was ruled to be offside and the goal was disallowed.
Urruti was dismissed after a Video Review, with Ted Unkel deciding he had stepped on the leg of Maxime Chanot.
The Impact's best chance came late in the first half, when Saphir Taider was free off a set piece but his header went straight into Sean Johnson's hands. Zakaria Diallo also had a late chance to score in stoppage time after a Taider cross.
- THE BIG PICTURE: After both teams put in dispiriting performances last weekend, especially defensively, a draw could be looked at as a positive result for both. NYCFC should be starting to worry about an attack that has produced less than a goal per game.
- MOMENT OF THE MATCH: Tajouri-Shradi's disallowed goal was the only moment where it looked like there was a breakthrough.
- MAN OF THE MATCH: Diallo wasn't able to find the late winner, but he returned after his red card and was a strong presence in the defense.
- NYC: Saturday, April 13 at Minnesota United FC (5 pm ET | ESPN2, ESPN Deportes in US; MLS LIVE on DAZN in Canada)
- MTL: Tuesday, April 9 at D.C. United (8 pm ET | TVAS in Canada; MLS LIVE on ESPN+ in US)