FC Dallas 1, New York Red Bulls 3 | 2019 MLS Match Recap
Sean Nealis headed in a Michael Murillo strike from just inside the box in the 58th minute for the game-winner, and the New York Red Bulls stunned FC Dallas 3-1 Saturday at Toyota Stadium for their third win in four matches.
In a surprise move, Red Bulls head coach Chris Armas changed 10 of his 11 starters from Wednesday, when his team lost 2-1 to the Montreal Impact at Red Bull Arena. Luis Robles, Bradley Wright-Phillips, Daniel Royer, Marc Rzatkowski and Aaron Long did not travel with the team to Texas.
Cristian Casseres Jr. gave the visitors the early lead in the 12th minute, the 19-year-old making the most of his fifth start of the season. Casseres Jr. had a clear shot after Andreas Ivan's pass reached him from the wing, and the Venezuelan put away his second goal of the season.
Jesus Ferreira drew FC Dallas even in stoppage time of the first half with his fourth goal of the season, heading in Jacori Hayes' service into the box. Ferreira entered the game as substitute when Dominique Badji went down with an injury in the 28th minute and had to come off the pitch.
- 12' – NYRB – Cristian Casseres | WATCH
- 45'+2 – DAL – Jesus Ferreira | WATCH
- 58' – NYRB – Sean Nealis | WATCH
- 85' – NYRB – Brian White | WATCH
- THE BIG PICTURE: Despite two wins in three matches, the Red Bulls went with a lineup overhaul. It got results even though FC Dallas dominated possession. For Dallas, it was another frustrating afternoon a week after having a game-tying goal in stoppage time wiped out.
- MOMENT OF THE MATCH: Meara made sure FC Dallas didn't take over in the second half. He stretched out to stop Ondrasek and keep the Red Bulls in front.
- MAN OF THE MATCH: Meara, with his five saves, helped lead a team full of young players to a confidence-building road victory.